JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is a VFG???

Vertical Fore Grip
1565114261787.png

So the question for everyone is will you vote for Trump or Biden? Will you simply not vote, or vote some third party candidate and surrender the presidency to Biden? How will bashing Trump improve our prospects?
I will vote for Trump as the lesser of two evils when it comes to gun control policy.

Again, AR platform pistols as with the bump stocks, the major focus of something that is not the problem in America. Yes, I acknowledge there was an event with bump stocks, but I don't concede "everything was above board until he started killing people". The B/S ban did nothing. The flip flopping of the ATF shows they are a political arm and needs to be abolished. If any agency can be told what to find they need to be defunded today, which is how I feel the ATF should be. Worthless.

CountryGent predicted the pistol braces going the way of the bump stock.
He may turn out to be right.

This is one of those cases I sincerely hope I am wrong. I have no use for braces, and the few shorties I've built was done with the NFA requirements being taken care of, but I know a lot of folks use them. That and banning them would be yet another spectacularly stupid and ineffective step. It would not, after all, had any real impact on the shootings in recent days.

That said, I have to imagine Trump is smart enough not to go directly for a ban on AR style rifles and pistols. He'd be a one-term president, considering his base. But going after an accessory is well within his play book and he could say he "did something."

Oh ya, that's the "Thingy" that was bending barrels in Combat! Now I remember.

When I see dudes holding them while shooting, I throw up in my mouth a little.

I use a "shorty" version on one of my rifles as a hand stop. Not to be used as a grip. :mad:

I'm going to suspend judgement until pen is set to paper and we see what, if anything shakes out.

These shootings were false flags to change the narrative from Epstein, declassification, the FISA repoort, Comey report and the NXIUM stuff and it worked pretty good too.

Muh' guns bad.

So the question for everyone is will you vote for Trump or Biden? Will you simply not vote, or vote some third party candidate and surrender the presidency to Biden? How will bashing Trump improve our prospects?

On the west coast it is unlikely to change but at least in Oregon, there is a possibility if everyone who wants a change actually voted. I believe what I saw on a chart is that this will be the last election that millennials will NOT be the majority. After this the majority will be people looking for a free lunch and being told what and how to think. I apologize if I am incorrect but I believe the majorities of Oregon counties are not liberal meccas. The major populated areas are but there are enough voting age people in Oregon to change how the state votes.

Hand Stops are a much different story.

Yes sir. I have my "VFG" almost all the way forward. Positioned so I can get my thumb on the light fast. My hand butts up to the base of it. That's it.

I think they were originally for FA fire for people that had a hard time with the recoil. A true "spray and pray" accessory. But ergos says a normal human will be less accurate and steady while holding the VFG. Same as holding the magwell. It's all about leverage. ;)

Future sales sure, but if people legally purchased and now owned such items pre ban, a grandfather clause must be enacted or fair market compensation.

If neither of those things are granted it opens the entire thing up legal action which then can set precedent..
(given an unbiased SC, if it got that high)

If we look at the vert grip issue, they do have a point since its based on facts and not emotion or biased opinion.

A pistol utilizing a brace without a mandatory functional need for a buffer tube or brace holding/mounting mechanism is an accessory and technically since it can be removed and still allow the pistol to function (unlike an AR pistol) with a vert grip installed means the measurement is from the barrel to the end of the receiver/frame.
So while it seems like a big biased deal, on paper it has logical fact based grounds.

Same goes for the 50 cal bolt action. Technically the receiver (loading area) is the upper itself. The lower is simply a stock mounting and firing surface.

So to me those rulings while lame, do make sense on paper.

Yes, I agree we shouldnt have such restraints.. But at the same time.. I dont see anything wildly biased with those two rulings. They make sense on paper. I disagree with them sure, but they make sense factually.

Executive orders need to be banned. They give WAYYYY to much power to one person.

I think that would be hard, if not impossible to do... Congress has created each and every Federal Agency. The pres is the top bureaucrat of each one. As such, he has the power to control policy thru rules and regulations. Same thing was tru when I served on the State of Oregon Home Inspection Advisory Committee... our rule making power was put in the law by Legislature.

I once owned an AR pistol that used an 80% lower I finished and had a brace too.
Good thing I gave up my guns before .gov said I had to. :rolleyes:

I had the exact same thing with a 10.5" barrel but it was lost in that tragic boating accident!

VFG = "Very Fine Girl" :cool:

Now that's an important accessory! Please don't ban them!!!!!

Hand Stops are a much different story.

I had one on that shorty AR that I lost. I put it on backwards so that I could use it to pull in the brace. It was easier to reach my tac lite that way too. Since I have the cheese grater fore-end, it was much nicer to shoot.

VFGs are also superior for people who have injured wrists. The angle, like the pistol grip on the lower receiver, does not aggravate torn tissue.

I once ate a popsicle with a broken wrist. It was cherry. And I looked like someone sprayed and prayed all over me. :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top