JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have recently decided I want a suppresd pistol but have no idea of how to go about getting the stamp for one. What are the steps needed to get one? Can I submit the request for it if I dont have the pistol yet? Maybe someone could answer all the NFA noob questions and make a good sticky of the steps to getting a stamp? Any help would be awesome thanks all.

Find what you want. Find a Dealer with SOT close to you. Pay for said item. Fill out required paperwork. Wait, wait, wait.
If you are not patient, NFA is not for you.
That is the quick jist of it. There is actually a little bit more to it.
Good luck.

Legal Class3 items are registered and must be transferred from the current registered owner to the next approved registered owner. If you find a dealer with a suppressor, or a handgun with an integral suppressor, the dealer will take your $$ and help you with the paperwork. Something to consider is whether or not your local Chief Law Enforcement Office is friendly towards this type of purchase by citizens not quite as cool as he or she may think they and theirs are. When whatsherface was the CLEO out in Gresham, she would not sign off....which is probably one of the many libtard attitudes that helped her rise to the occasion in spite of her lack of credentials, but I digress.

So you have to have the item picked out already? I guess i get it the stamp is per item. Guess I need to find a dealer and go shopping. Dealer suggestions?

So you have to have the item picked out already? I guess i get it the stamp is per item. Guess I need to find a dealer and go shopping. Dealer suggestions?

Yes, the ATF writes the serial number of the item on the stamp for your tranfer form. Go cheack out Northwest Armory. Theres many dealers in the area including vedors on this site.

What caliber are you thinking of suppressing? Some suppressors will handle multiple calibers, and you can use adapters to use it on different pistols.

Check orl-llc.com. If he doesn't have your can on stock, wait times can be a bit longer than with other dealers. But Pat can often save you a few $$ over other local dealers. Plus, you don't need to understand NFA stuff now. Pat will provide you with all mostly pre-filled paperwork, give you a "things to do" checklist and answer all your questions. The best part is, while you wait for BATFE, Pat will let shoot your can in his private open range.

Wait times are currently ~ 8-12 months.

To paraphrase an old Chinese proverb:

"The best time to turn in a Form 4 was a year ago. The second best time is now."

If the wait makes you angry to the point of not buying the item then there's nothing more to discuss.

If you want a suppressor this is the current route to take to get one.

Check orl-llc.com. If he doesn't have your can on stock, wait times can be a bit longer than with other dealers. But Pat can often save you a few $$ over other local dealers. Plus, you don't need to understand NFA stuff now. Pat will provide you with all mostly pre-filled paperwork, give you a "things to do" checklist and answer all your questions. The best part is, while you wait for BATFE, Pat will let shoot your can in his private open range.

Wait times are currently ~ 8-12 months.

I thought I saw on his website that he wasn't taking any new orders. I really want to find a dealer with a range :)

Nobody has mentioned that you need two passport photos and two fingerprint forms both of which cost you time and money and pay the local sheriff to sigh you off.

I just had my wife take my photo, I resized it to 2x2 and then printed it out on my form. Sheriff signs for free.

And they cost you how much?

$97 online at Bronze Edition Gun Trust ($97) | NW Gun Law Group

SIX EASY STEPS TO GETTING AN NFA FIREARM (for example, a Suppressor)

1. Buy trust online
2. Sign trust in front of a Notary
3. Drive to gun shop or dealer and pay for a silencer or other NFA firearm
4. Complete Form 4 (supplied by your dealer)
5. Write a check for $200 to BATFE (or $5 if you are buying an AOW)
6. You, the Gun Shop, or Dealer will submit your paperwork

Yes thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully i will be buying something in the next couple months so i can have it by 2015! Man that sucks but i want one and will wait.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top