JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a good spot right around the speilyi fish hatchery?

There's tons of forest road on the north side of 503, just need a direction.

Pm me if preferred. Will clean any trash. Been going there for 30 years but usually just ride atvs. We have property in the family up there.

You might check with the Gifford Pinchot National Forest office. The south side of the road near the Yale and Swift reservoir lands is part of the licensed hydroelectric project and no shooting is allowed there.

Good luck!

The Gifford Forest Land is not part of the area directly above the East end of Merwin, on the SR 503 / Lewis River HWY side.

I'm looking for some unattended shooting areas where we can make an ATV ride out of it as well as get some shooting in.

Still looking for info and ideas on that specific area. PMs are welcome.

I've already contacted the Gifford National Forest. Their land ends about Beaver Bay. I'm further West. All three reservoirs, to the south, are off limits to pretty much anything these days except controlled recreational activities.

I wonder which lumber companies own those northern parcels. Some of the lands are still part of the federal license to operate the hydro plants but not all of them. I've never been shooting up in that neck of the woods at all.

I've been up there, riding and shooting, but mostly riding, since I was a child. Long before anybody owned or regulated anything. I was always accompanied by someone who'd been there long before me who has since passed away so I'll be solo. And..... More of an emphasis on shooting as well.

I did some research and got my answers.

Thx for the input all!

What did you fin out in your reasearch. I'm looking for the same thing and came across this post.

We have a place in Northwoods and want to find a good spot for target practice

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads