JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been running trailcams in an area that a lion frequents, for about three years now. I've never seen or heard the lion, but get him on cam a lot. Pretty rare to run into them,,,

1211190805a.jpg lion kill not 300 yards from the house. Then last night the mules came running off the mountain, fell through the fence into the yard. Mules are not afraid of coyotes so I know the lion was back. At leasted he missed the mules this trip. And that's the reason we carry

We have just moved to Rathdrum , east of Coeur d'Alene from near Carson City NV.
I'm having a tough time getting my woman to understand that she should be home from her walks BEFORE dark. Too many apex critters out there. Bear, Wolves & Mtn Lion are all a real thing here.

Spent some time in Idaho where cats are frequently killed. Was a guest at a "wild game feed". Expected the usual of elk, steelhead, salmon, and moose. Maybe some sheep. Two different guys brought mountain lion. Nope, doesn't taste like chicken. One cooked with barbeque sauce in a slow cooker. The other grilled and then added sauce. Was skeptical to even taste. Was surprised at tenderness, and no strong game flavor.

Well, two chest rigs came in the mail today, One is a fullsize obscure pistol pack that can be tightened for running, and the other is a bandolier for my scoped 454 Casull. Yay!!!!

Here kitty, kitty! Band, bang!

just kidding!:D

They are gorgeous creatures and I actually hate to see them killed. On the other hand, if they become a nuisance something has to be done. I can not fault Tiller, but I would not brag too much about it - next time it may be the cat's turn.

I don't like the excuses that they are preying on pets or livestock. They were here first and we are encroaching on their territory more each year. There are other ways to deal with them including dogs especially bred to protect livestock.

Defensive kills are a whole different situation. If you are hiking, remember that they own the woods so be prepared.

I am not however a fan of reintroducing wolves and grizzlies to areas that have not seen them in a century or at least a handful of decades.

As you can probably figure out, I am torn between the beauty of nature and man's need to live and prosper.

Well, two chest rigs came in the mail today, One is a fullsize obscure pistol pack that can be tightened for running

What chest rig did you get? I learned about Kenai chest rigs just today and have started researching which one to get for hiking/backpacking.

As you can probably figure out, I am torn between the beauty of nature and man's need to live and prosper.

I have the same conflict. While I have no desire to kill an animal and would love to watch them in the wild, I have no problem eating one.

What chest rig did you get? I learned about Kenai chest rigs just today and have started researching which one to get for hiking/backpacking.

I too was lookin at the Kenai rig. Just couldn't swallow the price and I like stuff that is versatile and a value.

I ended up getting a simple chest rig from Amazon. Black cordura and it has a thumb break. As I recall, it was less than $80. Works with all my 1911's ( 4", 5" & 6"). Aint as cool as the Kenai, but works just as good.

I too was lookin at the Kenai rig. Just couldn't swallow the price and I like stuff that is versatile and a value.

I ended up getting a simple chest rig from Amazon. Black cordura and it has a thumb break. As I recall, it was less than $80. Works with all my 1911's ( 4", 5" & 6"). Aint as cool as the Kenai, but works just as good.

To be honest, I wasn't even familiar with chest rigs like that until I saw it mentioned on the cougar/hiking/sidearm thread this morning. I moved here from Oklahoma where there's not much backpacking in cougar country

I have the same conflict. While I have no desire to kill an animal and would love to watch them in the wild, I have no problem eating one.
I ordered this for my hunts:

and this for just about everything else. It houses my SIG 226 or 1911:

Nice rig you bought.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR