JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is in the Lebanon Sweet home area. There is a FB page specific to Cougar issues in the area. I was unable to get the photo to upload, but this large cat is on his FB page Tyler Tiller

Tyler Tiller
December 22 at 2:07 PM
8 months ago I started hunting this dominate female after she killed a neighbors goat and then a couple days later killed three of her dogs. The day after that I laid out in darkness with the hope of having a shot opportunity. That night I was stalked by this Lion. A feeling of complete helplessness that I will never forget consumed me when she circled around me and out of sight. My 6'2" and 235 lb frame suddenly felt three inches tall. That was the first and only time in my life that I was in the woods and afraid to face what was behind the next tree. A massive game of cat and mouse (I was the mouse) had started and I knew that we would eventually face off again. Last night it all came to an end. This 7 foot long female owned the misountain and has many scars and healed wounds to prove it. What an overwhelming rollercoaster of emotions to be in the woods hunting (or being hunted) by such an amazing and powerful creature.
#iamtheapexpredator

Impressive.
Reading some of the FB comments, I remember why I deleted my account with that cesspool.

How do you get to the comments? I only get 4 comments when I clicked "comments". And the stupid "log in or join ' keeps popping up of course.

Is it the inner city snowflakes blasting Dude for taking the cat?

I don't hunt predators (I don't hunt anymore due to my health, but I never hunted predators and wouldn't now) - I think they play an important role in the environment.

That said, some individual predators can become a big problem. Around here, people who let their pets run loose, lose their pets to cougars, bears, coyotes and domestic and feral dogs - it should be expected. Livestock are usually constrained. But if predators come onto a property and start killing livestock or large pets, then it is probably best to eliminate that predator.

A new neighbor (down the public road) now has goats that run loose during the day; they are controlling the brush/etc. and they cross the road (their property is on both sides of the road). They also have a guard dog that runs with them - I assume that is because of our local predators (mostly coyotes, but there are bears and cougars too). Not sure if these are rented goats or owned by the property owner.

Last Edited:
How do you get to the comments? I only get 4 comments when I clicked "comments". And the stupid "log in or join ' keeps popping up of course.

Is it the inner city snowflakes blasting Dude for taking the cat?

Click on "view previous comments" . Blue letters just above the top comment.

This is one of those FB posts where the individual probably should have set some privacy settings on the picture so the whole world wasn't raining on his parade. Its the internet and if you post a cookie recipe to the whole world you'll get death threats.

QmJDFD88Bo89MOFlv8JRew6Upg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio1-1.jpg

Lions are a real problem on my trap line. 5 of em. Kinda makes me keep my eyes open when I am on my knees. But it is still kinda fun knowing they are around. Just too many

We have them here. Wolves too. Seen both in the Cove area in the hills at the east side of Grande Ronde Valley.

A few years ago, one mountain lion was shot while in mid leap at the 8yr old son of a local while out hunting. They like to attack those tasty morsels as easy prey.

I don't really enjoy having them around. They kill local pets. Nice to see on TV and in movies... that's good enough for me!

We have them here. Wolves too. Seen both in the Cove area in the hills at the east side of Grande Ronde Valley.

A few years ago, one mountain lion was shot while in mid leap at the 8yr old son of a local while out hunting. They like to attack those tasty morsels as easy prey.

I don't really enjoy having them around. They kill local pets. Nice to see on TV and in movies... that's good enough for me!
They are something you got to be aware of.

Just like that, the story was so good, every hiker went out and purchased a Glock in 10mm!

;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads