JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lived here 34 years. Retired from USFS 3-1/2 years and love every minute of it. Like to Elk hunt shoot pistols and rifles at the Roseburg Rod and gun club
Selling my come and buying an RV next spring to go to where I haven't been before.

Regards. Mike

The first couple of trial runs only self defense Rem 870. After that most all rifles and pistols so I can stop off at gun clubs and do the competition shoots as they usually allow non members.
I like the 3 gun - speed steel - and IDPA shoots the most
All pistols fall into limited 10. I might add that I am not classified - I just like to have fun and meet new shooters.

Regards

Hello from a fellow Cottage Grover! My dad, my boy and I go out shooting almost every weekend. It's nice not having to drive far to get out into the woods.

You sound like a serious shooter though..we're just plinkers and hunter, but we love it still...

I'm not competitive with the big boys and girls. I occasionally shoot competotoon. For the fun and I learn a lot from the experienced shooters. The pistol matches really took a dive the last few years at Roseburg Rod and Gun due to very few people show to setip the stages. No more speed steel, 3 gun and IPSC is really lacking. Not fun no more.

Regards

Mike,

I was just lurking about and found your introduction post.
I see you've been retired from the FS for about 4 years now.
I retired from FS in Oct. 2005 as a Timber Cruise guy........do I miss it?........not after putting in 35 years (net) and 37 years (gross).

Please give me call regarding your Browning 223 when you get a chance.

Thanks much,
Chriss

541-490-8523

Chriss - I was Silviculture 20 yrs. Wildlife and Timber the last 10. I put in 30.08 and retired on my 55th B Day. I couldn't handle it anymore. I was almost the last dinosaur left. I spent my entire career at Cottage Grove.
And I DON'T miss it a bit.
My daughter and son in law live in Portland and I will be there wed March 16.

Regards

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads