JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, I wish I could make a ton of easy money like Kimber & then not even deliver working product--SWEET
I guess that is why Kimber is the only manufacturer to require a $15,000 buy-in to sell their overpriced, non-working products

And a 1,500 round Break-in Period Wow and I thought my old first Gen Kel-Tec P3AT was bad with a 200 round break-in-- It sure cost me a lot less money too.

Talk about bad luck to have problems with both the sig rifles and kimber pistols.

Don't feel so bad about carrying a pistol that costs 1/5th of that kimber.

The Milwaukie police department also traded their Kimbers for Glock 21's because the Kimbers supposedly went full auto on the range on more than one occasion. The officers were given the chance to buy them at discount as well. My buddy says he hated the Glock and wanted his Kimber back because it was more accurate. They also traded HK G36's for HK 416's which forced officers and (the taxpayers to spend money) to retrain on a new patrol rifle.

This quote kind of put it into perspective.
State Sen. Ed Jones, a retired state trooper, said he was concerned about how often ALE was buying new weapons. In his 30-year career with the Highway Patrol, Jones said, he was issued three pistols.

"I want officer safety to be foremost, but a weapon ought to last more than a year and a half," said Jones, a Democrat from Enfield. "Even the sorriest weapon ought to last that long."
So when are they going to be used as a model of efficiency for other government agencies? I'm sure our state would call it a winning situation because the money came from federal seizures. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

I'm not picking up that the Kimbers were necessarily lemons (other than that I wouldn't consider a "collector grade" gun a proper "service weapon") so much as the department was into buying new guns all the time. I think if they used the same excuse every 1 1/2 years to justify that purchase it would raise to many eyebrows. You can't get parts for a Sig 522 anymore?:huh:

All 8 of my Kimbers run fine and if you want to talk about guns with problems thats for another day. If there way a problem Kimber would replace them in a hearbeat. I think the problem is they want new guns every years and then buy them for themselves at pennies on the dollar.

Good way to spend tax dollars. Plus the Sigs are no good after 100 rounds and 2 years because they don't make parts??????????? This is waste, fraud, and abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plain and simple.

Yeah, this doesn't seem to add up. I'm not a Kimber "fan", so to speak, but I don't buy the BS they are spewing here. If those guns were that bad, we as "gun nuts" would have heard much more about the problems.

Isn't the bigger outrage here the fact that the North Carolina ALE is behaving like a private gun collectors club, where they buy high-priced firearms, retire them after a couple years, then "sell" them to the agents for nod-and-wink prices? Sounds like embezzlement of taxpayer funds.

Moreover the guns were partially funded with asset forfeiture, which is unconstitutional because it presumes guilt before innocence. Nothing more than a convenient and illegal way for statist thugs to pad their bottom line, or in this case, personal armories.

Yet another example of criminal malfeasance by government agents.

Isn't the bigger outrage here the fact that the North Carolina ALE is behaving like a private gun collectors club, where they buy high-priced firearms, retire them after a couple years, then "sell" them to the agents for nod-and-wink prices? Sounds like embezzlement of taxpayer funds.

Moreover the guns were partially funded with asset forfeiture, which is unconstitutional because it presumes guilt before innocence. Nothing more than a convenient and illegal way for statist thugs to pad their bottom line, or in this case, personal armories.

Yet another example of criminal malfeasance by government agents.

Glad someone gets what is going on here. These guys couldn't be putting enough rounds training through the guns to wear em out. It's just what you say there is graft and corruption by the law enforcement community and it needs to be taken to court.

jj

I believe that every one of the ALE officers had to know that something wasn't right. That most were lying about firearm failures, or that several were falsifying officer statements regarding failures. Even if an officer didn't purchase one of these guns from the agency, they didn't speak up about it. Such a lack of integrity in one agency calls for a complete restaffing of the agency at a minimum.

Preference would be to disperse the responsibilities of this agency out to other agencies.

Glad someone gets what is going on here. These guys couldn't be putting enough rounds training through the guns to wear em out. It's just what you say there is graft and corruption by the law enforcement community and it needs to be taken to court.

jj

I'm a little disturbed nobody else see's the government corruption element in the article. Imagine if they bought Nighthawk, Les Baer or Wilson Combat 1911's, then there would be no story, no one would be aware of the scam, and the taxpayers would be out even more money. Thankfully the procurement guy happens to be a moron.

Being a cop or fed is really easy way for a gun enthusiast with absolutely no morals to indulge in the hobby at taxpayer expense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top