Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Costco Tukwila safe event - many brands

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by FourTeeFive, Jan 1, 2012.

1. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Starts 1-2-12 at the Tukwila (Southcenter) store. Last time I was at one of these they had some pretty good deals on nice made in USA brands of gun safes along with their usual Chinese stuff.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Will they deliver to Vancouver?

3. GreginWA

GreginWA Enumclaw, WA Member

The guy is a dick that runs it, I would never buy from the safe road show.... I did buy one of the normal stocked ones though(later on)...

Online is cheaper and free shipping......

4. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

They had both USA made and China made safes. Some of the Superior safes were pretty nice but the big problem for me is that there are no options. I wanted a mechanical lock and Costco decides what models they want to sell and they're all electronic lock. This is odd because they ship the big safes to you but I guess they want just a few SKU's to sell.

5. chuckbiscuits

chuckbiscuits West Seattle New Member

I recently bought a Bighorn (Chinese) safe from Costco. $400 off on the last coupon book. I contacted Rhino Metals in Idaho (importer) and for a nominal fee was able to upgrade to a dial lock before it was shipped to me. Now I need to find someone to move it from the garage up into the basement!;)

cb:thumbup:

6. Your basement is above your garage?

7. chuckbiscuits

Yes! I live on a slight incline and the garage faces the alley (below the house). The safe has to come uphill (about 15' vertical) to the entrance of the basement. Someday, I'll pour some concrete "tracks" so I can back a car or truck up the the door, but right now the yard is sodden and quite slippery. I got my car up there yesterday to load up my toolbox to take to work, but there was no way the Reddaway semi was going to fit between the garage and the power pole!:paranoid:

I'm going to hire a moving company to come out and tackle the job. The safe is 1100# and I also have some woodworking equipment that needs to come into the basement as well. We have only been in the house a year (our first, and last!) and we moved all the heavy stuff into the garage since the yard was a swamp.

8. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

There are usually several guys that advertise on CL that they will mover a safe for you. Look under or run "safe movers" or something like that.

9. chuckbiscuits

Thx.