JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If doing "something stupid" and breaking a minor rule justified someone getting their leg broken in 2 places...I bet most, if not all, the of us on this site would have been limping by the age of 21.

I personally show my receipt and don't really care about that part so much.
My main objection in this instance, is to the excessive reaction by the employees that could have been easily avoided by being the smarter party and backing off and calling the cops if they KNEW FOR SURE there was a theft. Secondarily, I have to wonder about the mentality that celebrates someone being severely injured for "minor rule breaking" Yet they belong to a site where breaking a clearly posted and backed by law rule, by continuing to conceal carry into a clearly posted gun free location against the wishes of the property owner is pretty much encouraged.

I'm left to wonder , what if he was carrying concealed but an employee caught a glimpse and asked him to leave, but he didn't leave fast enough in the employee's opinion, and he expressed strong displeasure with the policy...
....blindsided by a leg sweep is ok, right?

Last Edited:
If doing "something stupid" and breaking a minor rule justified someone getting their leg broken in 2 places...I bet most, if not all, the of us on this site would have been limping by the age of 21.

My main objection in this instance, is to the excessive reaction by the employees that could have been easily avoided by being the smarter party and backing off and calling the cops if they KNEW FOR SURE there was a theft. Secondarily, I have to wonder about the mentality that celebrates someone being severely injured for "minor rule breaking" Yet they belong to a site where breaking a clearly posted and backed by law rule, by continuing to conceal carry into a clearly posted gun free location against the wishes of the property owner is pretty much encouraged.

I'm left to wonder , what if he was carrying concealed but an employee caught a glimpse and asked him to leave, but he didn't leave fast enough in the employee's opinion, and he expressed strong displeasure with the policy...
Exactly.

Policy states;
"To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse."

UH, come on..........

The receipt checkers probably don't know the prices.

So, this policy should be re-written to state;

"If you suspected of stealing from us, we have the right to break your bones".

EVERY TIME I meet the receipt checker, I ALWAYS state "Don't check under the (socks, lettuce, beer, whatever)". I get a laugh, and we go on...........

PLUS, they never check under the socks, lettuce, beer, so I've gotten a lot of "Free" stuff...............:D:D JUST KIDDING!

Going to Costco tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
What are you going to do?

Refuse to hand them your receipt?

Wrestle with them over your cart?

As I said, if you don't like their policies, don't shop there, or at least let them know.

There are places you can shop that don't check your receipt going out the door - I have noticed that Winco has about the same or better prices in their stores as Costco.

EVERYONE HAS TO SHOP AT COSCO.

It is the American Dream store......at least that is what the press leads you to believe........

Personally, I shop there for a few items, on a non regular basis.
(batteries, organic fruit, etc.)

I'm the only person I know that gets out of there for less than $100.

...Don't like the store.........

I could care less if they check my receipt:rolleyes:...too many REAL problems out there........like is it going to be 87 or 89 degrees?????????.......o_O:rolleyes::eek::D:)

You've missed the point. Walls got his leg broken as a result of attacking the Costco employee, NOT because he didn't show his recipt. Good on the worker for coming to the defense of his coworker, I say. If someone laid their hands on your wife, child or friend in a threatening manner (say, without you there) and a stranger intervened to protect them, you likely be thanking said stranger; damn the consequences.

It all started when the Costco employee grabbed the cart and the customer responded to that assault (which, I'm sure, is NOT Costco policy to physically try to restrain anyone).

Excessive force is excessive force whether by a civilian or a cop...
You'd be screaming bloody murder if a cop did this to someone over something you admit is clearly a trivial thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top