Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Costco has stopped selling gun safes

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kimber Custom, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

So as I sit at my desk I see my Costco coupon book. Idly flipping through I get to the Big Horn safe to find this ad:

IMAG0181_zpsfa0e5eb4.jpg

Not one word about it being a gun safe. Hmm

I'm aware that Costco isn't the most gun friendly retailer around but this really does give me pause.

2. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Might be because they are good for safeguarding more than just guns. They are probably hoping to market safes to more than just gun folks with that ad.

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

If you look up pictures online its full of guns. The one in Albany is actually having a special display on safes/gun cabinets. I don't recall if the big horn used to say "gun safe" when it went on sale, but I know for years that sometimes the ads dont list them as "gun safes".

4. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Hey, that's my safe! According to the old Costco ad, it holds up to 24 rifles. I like it, and felt like it was an excellent deal for $579 with free shipping when I ordered mine a year and a half ago. It looks like Costco isn't carrying them anymore, according to their current website.

5. nwbobber

nwbobber Longview, Wa. Active Member

I bought mine to store my taxes in. That way I wrote the expense off. These are tax record safes.

PDXSparky and (deleted member) like this.
  6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Actually, I just looked and their website says that they were sold out, not discontinued. They probably sold out because they were "on sale" in the coupon book. They've had them in stock and sold out before. They will probably be back.

7. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Well.. I was in Costco just a couple days ago, looked at one, and the printed price above it said GUN SAFE. I remember it pretty clearly.

8. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Welcome to Portland. And yes, Vancouver is just a suburb across the river. Let's see what Clark county folks will say now that Multnomah county has added a ton of additional gun limitations. Of course it's all limited by state law, but hey, "the children, oh noes!!!".

9. Scout67

Scout67 Milwaukie Member

The Costco near my house is selling the Winchester gun safe for same price.