JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Costco has THIS
on sale right now. I emailed Mountain House to find out why this product is about half the cost of Mountain House labled product...I recently bought a bunch of MH #10 cans at 25% off and they were still alot more than these....from the same mfr.

I, personally, prefer the taste of the dehydrated cans. The freeze dried cans always taste "tinny" to me.

Seriously, awesome find.

Last Edited:
Very nice find indeed - that is about $1.25 per serving of food. Too bad 98% of people can't be convinced that is a good idea. Better than the Shelf Reliance brand also.

I've tried the Mountain House brand of Chili Mac...not too bad at all. Even my wifey liked it. Not as good as the lasagna tho. Remeber to actually use this stuff occassionally! Its a decent meal...

I buy the 2 person meals for camping trips, it works great to save space and weight. The other day I ate the chili mac at home and was like this is good stuff. Add hot water, wait, then eat. Works for me. This is tempting to buy for an emergency or just lazy dinner makings.

Thanks for the heads up!! I just ordered it so they aren't out yet. They have a 55 gallon water storage barrel with siphon pump and purification kit that I think I'll pick up after I recover from this money.

Here's MH response to my inquiry regarding the massive price discrepancy between this product and their MH labled stuff:,
The only difference between Easy Meal and Mountain House is the brand name. Both brands are made with the same ingredients and have the same shelf life.

Easy Meal is currently only distributed by Costco and they set their prices and choose the margin they make on products.

Thanks,
Mountain House

Thanks for the heads up!! I just ordered it so they aren't out yet. They have a 55 gallon water storage barrel with siphon pump and purification kit that I think I'll pick up after I recover from this money.

IMO, save your $$ on the 55 gal drum from Costco...get a used one from a local cannery, or look on craigslist. You should be able to get an almost identical drum for $15-30 that was used for some sort of food storage (avoid ones used for cleaning chems). You can get a pump & treatment tabs online for maybe another $20 & pocket the extra $60+ or head to Bimart & get ammo with the 'change'. :)

If you are looking for SHTF supplies, WalMart sells 30 year rice and rolled oats. 180 servings of quick oats, 25 year storage, 12.00! the pices on the other long term storage items are very competitive. I try and add at least one can to each shopping trip. I am up to 60 days of food for family.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top