JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i would check the calories per serving costco in the past had some emergency meals in a bucket i believe but the calories where lacking if memory services me correctly

First get your basics together such as rice, sugar, beans, popcorn, wheat and hulled oat groats with a US cast iron grain grinder, and fuel to cook/bake it

Cheaper than dirt has some great deals on freeze dried #10 cans and this place is handy, too

<broken link removed>

Buy the Shelf Reliance can rack for your short term food storage. This thing is a great way to stock up on a months worth of stuff you use every day. Then once that is full start putting away food in bulk.

I use mylar bags in 20 gallon food grade barrels. We seal up 1.5 - 2 gallon mylar bags and then seal them in the barrels with screw on lids that are air and water tight. When we need to open a barrel there will be everything we need in one barrel, food, spices etc., and we will just use these items before we have to open the next barrel.

The Thrive food is good stuff, we have some of it and used some last summer. I'm not a big fan of the TVP because it's not real meat but GMO SOY product...but it works if thats all you got. If you want something that you have to mix it's good for the money plus it's in stock unlike most mountain house stuff right now.

I also bought 2 of the Easy Meal Combo kits last Nov when they were on sale for $279...I did a write up about it...made by Oregon Freeze Dry..which is Mountain House...All you do is add water...really easy for SHTF... but as said before...if your just starting just keep buying more of what you eat first before stocking up the long term stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top