JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MRE Shelf Life (and other info):

mre-shelf-life-chart.jpg

I'm planing to do it today - if they have anything left.
Reading all the posts I'm still not even close to be prepared as of a food.
2 adults 2 kids ( 15 and 13 ) boys.
What you guys doing about power ?

Well apparently Costo is operated by bunch of embysols, I placed an order on Sunday with them and on Monday they cancelled my new membership and order and no one at Costco can figure why it was cancelled, they say the credit card charge was cancelled but credit card company still has not received the cancelled charge notification and the idiots at Costco can't seem to figure out why. Dang it looks like in todays economy everyone would be doing everything they can to make dollar possible.

It almost sounds as if they were out of the product and the local store wouldn't track that. ??

Well apparently Costo is operated by bunch of embysols, I placed an order on Sunday with them and on Monday they cancelled my new membership and order and no one at Costco can figure why it was cancelled, they say the credit card charge was cancelled but credit card company still has not received the cancelled charge notification and the idiots at Costco can't seem to figure out why. Dang it looks like in todays economy everyone would be doing everything they can to make dollar possible.

Sorry to hear you are having such a poor experience! Costco is pretty renown for their excellence in customer service. Did you contact hem online or via your local store? I have been dealing with Costco for over a decade and have had 0 problems with them in regards to customer service. I am very surprised at your predicament. If you're willing I'd say gives it another try if you can stomach it again. Good luck

FYI,
the costco Easy Meal is direct shipped from Oregon Freeze Dry in Albany, Or. Mine was delivered 2 days AHEAD of schedule. Also, Freeze dried stuff doesn't NEED hot water. Cold water can be used, just needs to sit longer to fully rehydrate (according to instructions).

On the top of getting prepared for the worst maybe just maybe we should find out if Mountain House or any other company like them are publicly traded ?
Maybe is time to invest on one of them.
Selling so quick and so many will make their stock go way up •••>>>

Buy them while you still can.

Mountain House and others are selling out at capacity. Everyone from families to FEMA are buying in record numbers. In fact, MH is fresh out - Mountain House: Freeze Dried Food, Food Storage, Camping Food, Backpacking Food, Emergency Preparedness.

This seems to happen almost every year - I think it's more a factor of production cycles and people stocking up for hurricane season (just my theory).

On the top of getting prepared for the worst maybe just maybe we should find out if Mountain House or any other company like them are publicly traded ?
Maybe is time to invest on one of them.
Selling so quick and so many will make their stock go way up •••>>>

I'm pretty sure they are a privately held company.

That report says that Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc is a private company. That's interesting since they did an IPO in the early 70's and I bought stock in them. I've since sold it (at a big profit) so I can't swear were it is now.

That report says that Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc is a private company. That's interesting since they did an IPO in the early 70's and I bought stock in them. I've since sold it (at a big profit) so I can't swear were it is now.
Employees bought the company back
In September 1986, Herbert Aschkenasy, who had become company president in 1981, led an employee buyout of the company after Pepsico acquired its corporate parent Seven-Up from Philip Morris.

Read more: Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc.: Information from Answers.com
'

Employees bought the company back
'

Thanks for the info. I made a lot of money on that company in the early 70's.

That, and Reser's which was just really getting going. They started out making and selling horseradish which was all grown in the greater Beaverton area, did an IPO and I bought some.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top