JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Costco has their Mountain House Easy Meals on sale again - $240 for eighteen #10 cans of Chili Mac, Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce and Chicken Ala King. If you bought this from Nitro-Pak (just for example), it'd cost you $512. Not my favorite entrees from Mountain House, but they're ok. In total, you get 47,340 calories which would last you about 20 days based on a 2400 cal/day diet.

Easy Meal Chili Mac with Beef is a mixture of ground beef, macaroni in a spicy chili sauce. Enjoy each can as chili or try some on top of a hamburger or tortilla chips. This thick and hearty meal is one that everyone is sure to enjoy.

Easy Meal Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is a family favorite. This classic blend of spaghetti pasta with beef in a rich marinara sauce is sure to be a hit with everyone!

Easy Meal Chicken Ala King is a blend of chicken, mushrooms and pasta in a rich white sauce. Add a side of Easy Meal vegetables to this meal and enjoy a taste of home.

Shipment arrives in one bundle, which contains 3 separate boxes.

186 total servings
25 year shelf life on all items
Best if use by date printed on all cans

6 cans of Chili Mac with Beef (10 servings per can)
6 can of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (10 servings per can)
6 cans of Chicken Ala King (11 servings per can

Costco also has a Side Dish pack for $230 that includes eighteen #10 cans of Peas, Corn and Bananas. This would set you back $409 if purchased from Nitro-Pak.

I like Mountain House #10 cans because of their long life-span & quality (same stuff you get in the foil pouch for backpacking).

You might think about buying both the entree & side-dish kits, then splitting the cases up w/ your co-workers just to get some variety. I think this is a good deal, but eating six cans of chili mac may get a little tiresome.

They also have a breakfast kit, but it's not a very good deal (around $400). In the past, they've done these deals with a mix of entrees, sides and breakfast - something to watch for again.

Pricing on Side dish pack same at Honeyville...now take 15% off .
Coupon Code: PATRIOT

SUMMARY: OUR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR! SAVE 15% ON YOUR ENTIRE ORDER* from Thursday 9/15/2011 through Tuesday 9/20/2011. Stock up and save on all of your favorites, and try some of our great new items. Simply enter coupon code PATRIOT during checkout. ORDER NOW! SALE ENDS ON TUESDAY the 20th!

Well I do not have a Costo card ( inormally go to sams) but if i can find someone with a card there goes my budget.:):)

how long is the sale on for any idea??

I think if you order off line you don't need a card, I think there is just a surcharge. Also, if you want to go to the store, have a friend buy you a cash card with 10 bucks on it. Use the cash card to get in, then buy whatever you want. Just be sure to bring your Debit card or cash with you if you're going over the amount on the cash card.

So, what are you stocking?

Lots of wheat and rice. You can grind them and soak them for 24 hours and eat them raw. With a touch of salt and sugar or honey they are only OK, but as Clint Eastwood said, "Dying ain't much of a livin', son." #10 cans of anything that doesn't have to be heated. I'm not even planning on having hot water. Lots of good water, just can't guarantee it will be hot.

I am buying some of the Costco deals, but I'm not betting my life on being able to make their pancakes.

Hi there,
Fairly new to this forum and also getting a somewhat late start on my "total" preparation supplies (other than defensive items, survival items, guns, ammo, etc) not that I don't have some..... just not enough and sufficient..... but I ramble.......
May I inquire of what you fellow "preppers" and friends think of the Wise Food Freeze dried packages?
I would appreciate and and all comments?
I actually ordered yesterday (from Wise) then saw the thread above about Costco Self reliance... :( Not to late to cancel ... ?
Anyway, I'm "primarily".... interested in freeze dried foods, mainly relating to less (no?) cooking time if the SHTF scenario happens.... (not if but when?) and my experience with them in my camping and backpacking.
I figure if I have to tap the "supplies"...., my cooking facilities; power/gas/propane/electricity.... etc may be, could be, probably will be.... severely/adversely affected/diminished?
So less cooking seems lake a good thing?
Help?

Any and all comments and suggestions, ideas, directions..... (positive :) will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob
Salem, Or.

Hi there,
Fairly new to this forum and also getting a somewhat late start on my "total" preparation supplies (other than defensive items, survival items, guns, ammo, etc) not that I don't have some..... just not enough and sufficient..... but I ramble.......
May I inquire of what you fellow "preppers" and friends think of the Wise Food Freeze dried packages?
I would appreciate and and all comments?
I actually ordered yesterday (from Wise) then saw the thread above about Costco Self reliance... :( Not to late to cancel ... ?
Anyway, I'm "primarily".... interested in freeze dried foods, mainly relating to less (no?) cooking time if the SHTF scenario happens.... (not if but when?) and my experience with them in my camping and backpacking.
I figure if I have to tap the "supplies"...., my cooking facilities; power/gas/propane/electricity.... etc may be, could be, probably will be.... severely/adversely affected/diminished?
So less cooking seems lake a good thing?
Help?

Any and all comments and suggestions, ideas, directions..... (positive :) will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob
Salem, Or.

I haven't tried Wise. As far as valuing your purchase. Look at the amount of servings based on caloric requirements and then calculate the price per serving. I have gotten some of the other packages from Oregon Freeze Dry and like their taste so that influences me.

Drew,
Thanks for the reply.
I did the math and it seems to rate satisfactorily (to me);
Less than $1.75 a serving, 3 servings per day equals approximately 2800 calories (average) per day.
So AROUND $5 per day for each of us.

Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews