JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You got some good nutrition links for New Year's Resolutionists?

If you want to cut past all the BS and lose weight you have to sacrifice. "This" (being healthy) needs to be more important to you than "this" (tasty/fast/garbage food). My weight got to the point that it was affecting my work. At the time I was spending a large part of my day on a ladder and my feet were killing me. I knew that it was time to do something.

Like Charles Barkley said - "I'm not going to lie, I'd rather be eating a big bowl of rocky road ice cream.'

But it is a choice - a lifestyle choice and not a 'diet'.

If you eat pretty much what you want within reason and make your last meal(s) of the day juicing (primarily vegetables like in this vid) the lbs will trail off at a rate of about a 1/4-1/2 lb a day (average).

It really isn't so bad and after a while it tastes 'normal.' You will also notice that certain nagging minor health issues will also just go away. Your body thanks you. I have less aches and pains now, less headaches, etc, than I did in my 20s and 30s. I can lift weights like I did in my 30s.

I have absolutely no supportive friends in this regard. Socially, all they ever want to do is sit and eat bar food and pound down beers. So if I can do it anyone can. The cruelest years are your 40s. If you are like most men, when you turn 40 you better decide which direction you want to go or your DNA will decide for you.

A good motivational movie on Netflix is "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2010)"

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-800J...id=1387499735&sr=8-6&keywords=breville+juicer

Last edited by a moderator:
We are about to get into juicing, have several highly rated books on it and we'll be growing a lot of our own hothouse and greenhouse foods for it. Masticating juicers are the way to go, apparently. That guy has a high speed type

I'm never completely giving up a good steak and fries once in a while, tho

Burt, look at ozone generators too, to make ozonated water

Euell... passed from a ruptured aortic aneurysm.

The Low Fat régime is a miserable SOB, so far anyway, but as someone observed it beats the Dirt Nap. Thankfully I am OK on all the Bombay gin and Russian Standard vodka I want.

Hmmmm???
What pipe size will that dry salami fit into ?
Wonder what the ballistic coefficient is ???

Rather have good hunter or summer sausage or head cheese.

kale+juice.jpg

It's this or be Limpy Limperton. I decided a couple years ago that eating healthy was the less difficult option.

If I drank that green thing there wouldn't be a toilet in Oregon big enough to contain the aftermath......

Meat, Potatoes, Gravy & Beans !

If you want to cut past all the BS and lose weight you have to sacrifice. "This" (being healthy) needs to be more important to you than "this" (tasty/fast/garbage food). My weight got to the point that it was affecting my work. At the time I was spending a large part of my day on a ladder and my feet were killing me. I knew that it was time to do something.

Like Charles Barkley said - "I'm not going to lie, I'd rather be eating a big bowl of rocky road ice cream.'

But it is a choice - a lifestyle choice and not a 'diet'.

If you eat pretty much what you want within reason and make your last meal(s) of the day juicing (primarily vegetables like in this vid) the lbs will trail off at a rate of about a 1/4-1/2 lb a day (average).

It really isn't so bad and after a while it tastes 'normal.' You will also notice that certain nagging minor health issues will also just go away. Your body thanks you. I have less aches and pains now, less headaches, etc, than I did in my 20s and 30s. I can lift weights like I did in my 30s.

I have absolutely no supportive friends in this regard. Socially, all they ever want to do is sit and eat bar food and pound down beers. So if I can do it anyone can. The cruelest years are your 40s. If you are like most men, when you turn 40 you better decide which direction you want to go or your DNA will decide for you.

A good motivational movie on Netflix is "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2010)"

Amazon.com: Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor: Kitchen & Dining

I think your green drink looks great, you got a good amount of salt and pepper in that?

I'm not sure how old you are but, i disagree with your comment of the 40s being cruelest. So I guess you haven't hit 50+ yet? I sailed through the 40s with nary a problem, work was physicle, felt great. Since I hit 55 my body is telling me it's close to being over, seems like over night! If I work, it hurts in the morning. If I'm not working for a couple of days, it hurts in the morning.

Stay healthy my freind, and best of luck with the "50s"

Mike

Do you guys know what a diet is??
That's when you can eat all you want . . . of the stuff you don't like . . .

Sheldon

Diet? I call mine a gift. Funny how you can learn to like the stuff you hated.

This is what I was put on for the last 6 months...it works but takes some getting used to and a lot of label reading.

750 mil. salt total per day from the 2300 mil. advised
2 tsp. natural sugar per day
No green veggies or corn
No dairy
Whole grain bread (4 slices) at least 5 grams fiber per slice
No seafood except 4 oz. white fish per day.
No fruit juice period, like apple orange,cranberry as so forth
No meat except 4 0z of white meat poultry 3 times a week
Potatoes regular or sweet 3 times a week.
No olive or any other oil
8 glasses of water per day (may add lemon or lime wedges)
No nuts.

I lost 30 lbs. in 4 weeks and am stable at 192 now. I fall off the wagon for special occasions and feel crappy for a day or two but get back on and feel great. DO NOT do this diet without consulting your Dr. I had to have blood tests run before this diet was custom made for me. The last test showed a significant drop in all the previous levels of bad readings.

If you are interested in a couple of cook books I used...PM me

The vegetable/fruit juicing is just something that worked for me. That does not mean it will work for everyone. I do sincerely believe that the greatest benefit would be to those that are severely overweight though.

It is just too difficult for someone who is 50 lbs overweight to go jogging or hop on a treadmill. You just beat up your already stressed ligaments, muscles, back, etc. Lose weight through proper nutrition first, then phase in the exercise.

Those that prefer fast food just beware that when you never feel full that has a lot to do with the Aspartame. It is actually a nerve agent that increases appetite. That is why all the fast food joints love to serve 32 ounce drinks laden with it. So you come back to the counter soon for another Big Mac and Fries. http://www.lovethetruth.com/truth_about_aspartame.htm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads