JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
As someone who is cheap, and always purchase expensive items USED, a safe was an exception. Only because people for some reason think their used, undelivered safes are worth their new, retail price. If you don't believe that check out Craigslist.

If you get the Costco safe take your time inspecting it. If there is the tiniest little blemish or mark on it - anywhere - they will knock off as much as $100 vs re-delivery and taking it back as a blem/used safe. There is always some tiny little spec/scratch/paint mark you can find. LOL. Alas, $699 safe.

At first, they will offer $25. Then say $100 or you want a new one. $100 is their set policy, they'll do it. This is not ripping them off IMO. Sorry, if I buy something BRAND NEW it has to be perfect; used, not so much.

I should add that they will really play out a bluff, right down to starting your return shipping label, then a 'manager' will decide to give you $100 credit to your card. So, when you hear 'all we can do is $25 or $50, simply ignore them and proceed with your demand that if they don't know off $100 you don't want it. Also, one the shipping receipt that you sign write "safe is damaged, conditionally accepted' above your signature.

It is an expected courtesy that you tip the delivery guy $20, so your net is only really $80.

For a safe that size to be only 475# I am suspect of the construction. Look at other similar sized safes, they are typically almost twice as heavy.

For example: On the Costco site - Bighorn B6039EL 830# and the same dimensions.

Yes, you're paying twice as much, but if you are buying a safe to protect $10-$20k of firearms from fire and buglars then it's money well spent. If you're just keeping the kids out the in the 400# safe will work.

They work on battery power. Most have batteries you can change outside the safe.
If you don't like the electronic lock, you can change it out for a dial lock. It will bolt right up where the electronic was.
That's what I did with mine.

I'm half tempted on this! Sounds like a decent deal but as Jasonk mentioned, it's a bit on the light side for a safe that size. Also, I always considered a 30 minute fire rating to be where my cutoff would be. Meaning I wouldn't buy a safe with that rating because fires typically last longer than that. I know the rating means 30mins at 1400 deg or so but I sometimes wonder if that's enough...?

If you are concerned about the weight in terms of someone hauling it off, fill the lower level and edges with ammo (gets very heavy fast) or better yet just bolt it down.

Most electronic locks 'unlock' before battery expiration and the battery is accessible from the outside. Use a lithium and it will last 5-6+ years so it shouldn't really be an issue.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top