JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It all depends on the "local" dealer.

If you haggle enough and what not you will probably get a better deal. If you want quick and easy, check on internet for prices, then go to Costco dealer. Decide your best option.

I bought a motoecycle through it. You dont really get to pick the dealer, but with cars, it seems to usually go through more of a fleet dealer depending on make and model, options, etc.

You seem to get a fair deal without the leg work. you could probably get a better deal with enough time spent. Occasionally there will be other incentives to sweeten the deal some.

Some years ago - 4? - I tried them for a Toyota and they had one 'local' dealership participating at the time, Vancouver Toyota. I went and listened to their deal and they asked me to not use the information to haggle down another dealership .

I then went to the nearest dealership which was the "No BS" pricing Wilsonville Toyota and the price was the same.

Instead of driving to Vancouver again I just bought locally with Wilsonville.

My advice is to get a price from the Costco program dealer then shop at a few other dealerships and buy where you're most comfortable doing so.

Good luck!

Some years ago - 4? - I tried them for a Toyota and they had one 'local' dealership participating at the time, Vancouver Toyota. I went and listened to their deal and they asked me to not use the information to haggle down another dealership .

I then went to the nearest dealership which was the "No BS" pricing Wilsonville Toyota and the price was the same.

Instead of driving to Vancouver again I just bought locally with Wilsonville.

My advice is to get a price from the Costco program dealer then shop at a few other dealerships and buy where you're most comfortable doing so.

Good luck!
I do the same thing with the USAA car buying service (I think its TrueCar). You spec out the car, all the participating dealers in the area send you a quote. Then they call to set up a time to look at the vehicle. I then go there an hour early and don't tell them that I have an appointment. We look at the same vehicle. If they give me a better deal than the quote, I'm good with it. If they don't, I pull out the quote and TELL THEM WHAT A STINKING F***ING LIAR THEY ARE, AND TO GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU WORTHLESS OXYGEN THIEVING PIECE OF SCHIT! Then the manager who makes the real decisions comes out and gives me a better deal than the original quote.

Really, it works every time.

I do the same thing with the USAA car buying service (I think its TrueCar). You spec out the car, all the participating dealers in the area send you a quote. Then they call to set up a time to look at the vehicle. I then go there an hour early and don't tell them that I have an appointment. We look at the same vehicle. If they give me a better deal than the quote, I'm good with it. If they don't, I pull out the quote and TELL THEM WHAT A STINKING F***ING LIAR THEY ARE, AND TO GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU WORTHLESS OXYGEN THIEVING PIECE OF SCHIT! Then the manager who makes the real decisions comes out and gives me a better deal than the original quote.

ALWAYS deal with management. salesmen dont know anything. trust me on this one.

Hahahaha
Just think If we tried that with a HVAC guy when it's 110 outside.

I have a family member who retired from GM who got us his "employee" discount and it was the same as the costco deal.
You can get a better deal by doing some research lining up your financing prior to going in, and a little back and forth.

I always learned to get up and walk away 3 times before making a deal.

So what do all y'all have to say about the car dealer commercials that say "No need to haggle! We have our LOWEST price right on the sticker!" ?

Easy was to get the gullible to pay full price.

That's the obvious answer isn't it. Being as I'm a guy that absolutely hates this haggling stuff, i'd be afraid to try and haggle for fear the salesman would just point at the widow sticker and say "That is the lowest price. Don't you see our TV ads?" :D

That's the obvious answer isn't it. Being as I'm a guy that absolutely hates this haggling stuff, i'd be afraid to try and haggle for fear the salesman would just point at the widow sticker and say "That is the lowest price. Don't you see our TV ads?" :D
I do too. Which is why i bought my motorcycle through this program. Im sure it wasnt the worlds best deal. But i didnt pay any of the extra fees other than licensing, and my total cost including sales tax was under the price on the windscreen.

I was going to go the Costco route but got a call back from Ron Tonkin saleman, a company who I refuse to do business with as I have heard too many unethical things about them. I said no thanks and a few days later got the same call from the RT saleman so I blocked the phone #.

Did the Costco Program a few years ago for our 4Runner at McCord's Vancouver Toyota.

Drove up and was swarmed by sales people. (typical when pulling on to a car lot). Asked about the 4Runners. Had 2 (3?) people there happy and friendly as can be. Showed us many vehicles, options and colors.

Started "the dance" regarding price. They seemed that a reasonable price was the MSRP price, plus some other "stuff" that was on their marked-up sheet.

Asked about the "discounts" we saw advertised on TV? "That is included on the sheets." o_O

What about this? What about that? They were absolutely adamant that the printed prices were the absolute best price ANYWHERE.

Played the game for about 45 mins then i said, "I heard something about Costco Pricing. Do you guys do that?"

Everyone walked away. Left me and my wife sitting in chairs at a desk. They wouldn't even look at us anymore. We were dead to them.

We walked up to the receptionist and asked if we could speak with a salesperson because it seems that we were no longer welcome. We explained what happened. She said, "Yeah, you need to talk with the Fleet Manager".

"Fleet Manager? What for?"

He's the one that handles the Costco Program pricing.

Once we met with him he told us the same thing as mentioned before (earlier in these posts)..... this is an exclusive price for Costco Members only. He wouldn't even give us a copy of the paperwork - but we could write the price/figures down on a piece of paper.

The price was something like $500 over invoice (whatever "invoice" that was). That is what was negotiated with Costco. If they deviated from that, they could lose their "partnership" with Costco.

We told him what happened and he said "as soon as you mention Costco pricing or memebership, all negotiations cease and you are directed to me".

I havent used them but last 3 purchases were with an auto broker. I pay them go go find the car I want, they deliver it to the credit union to sign the papers after doing all the BS at the dealer. Even drive my trade-in away. I spent like 3-4 emails and 30 minutes at the credit union to finalize the whole process. So much nicer than dealing with a dealer.

Some good options here. Using a broker makes the process easy. I've personally been able to negotiate upwards of 10k off MSRP. First time was an '08 Toyota Sienna XLE, MSRP was $38Kish, paid $27,500 out the door.
Second was a '17 GMC Arcadia, stickered at $47,350, walked away at $36,500 out the door.

Find the vehicle you want, locate the unit in local dealers inventories, or ones that are close in options. Pit a few of the dealers against each other, deal only with the fleet/internet manager, contact them directly via email, be authentic about your intentions, let them know they're competing and give them but one chance to get the bottom line right.

Takes homework to accomplish, need to know incentives, holdbacks and other factory incentives, all can be found with diligent internet research. Get your financing in order before starting if your financing, so it's a 60 minute visit with the dealer to exchange paperwork and get your keys...

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads