JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in town yesterday to buy something from a member here, so I stopped at Costco to get gas and decided to go inside. It was about 6 PM on a workday, so I expected more people. No line to get in.

I wore a P95 filter mask I had (the last thing I need right now is to get sick without insurance). Most people were wearing masks as were most employees. I would say, maybe 60-70% of what you would expect on a Friday evening, maybe less. Employees were being very careful. :s0155: Only two people per party allowed. :s0155::s0155:

No TP, no iso alcohol. Most everything else was there, including meat (I picked up some beef kielbasas and some frozen chicken breasts). I got a hair trimmer kit - my old shaver/trimmer had given up the ghost a month ago, and the new shaver doesn't have a trimmer on it.

Then I went to Winco. Less than half the people wore masks, most of the employees did not. But the people did maintain their distance and for a Friday evening there were few people. No TP no iso - most other stuff was there - still didn't see any yeast. I noticed discarded gloves in the parking lot. :mad:

I was in town yesterday to buy something from a member here, so I stopped at Costco to get gas and decided to go inside. It was about 6 PM on a workday, so I expected more people. No line to get in.

I wore a P95 filter mask I had (the last thing I need right now is to get sick without insurance). Most people were wearing masks as were most employees. I would say, maybe 60-70% of what you would expect on a Friday evening, maybe less. Employees were being very careful. :s0155: Only two people per party allowed. :s0155::s0155:

No TP, no iso alcohol. Most everything else was there, including meat (I picked up some beef kielbasas and some frozen chicken breasts). I got a hair trimmer kit - my old shaver/trimmer had given up the ghost a month ago, and the new shaver doesn't have a trimmer on it.

Then I went to Winco. Less than half the people wore masks, most of the employees did not. But the people did maintain their distance and for a Friday evening there were few people. No TP no iso - most other stuff was there - still didn't see any yeast. I noticed discarded gloves in the parking lot. :mad:

Sounds about right. My wife has decided to steer clear of winco for a while after a couple not so great dealings recently.

Masks are mandatory for costco employees as if now. Its amazing the amount if complaining about that rule

Sounds about right. My wife has decided to steer clear of winco for a while after a couple not so great dealings recently.

Masks are mandatory for costco employees as if now. Its amazing the amount if complaining about that rule

I didn't like the N95 mask, I forgot how they make your breath hot and humid, even with the vent - last time I used one was for painting IIRC. But it was only for a short time. I don't know about the surgical masks. When the masks become common and not overpriced, I will get some more - I didn't have any of the surgical masks, just the N95 and a reusable mask for painting (much more effective).

I didn't like the N95 mask, I forgot how they make your breath hot and humid, even with the vent - last time I used one was for painting IIRC. But it was only for a short time. I don't know about the surgical masks. When the masks become common and not overpriced, I will get some more - I didn't have any of the surgical masks, just the N95 and a reusable mask for painting (much more effective).

The surgical masks arent too horrible.y job entails lifting heavyish things fairly regularly. You just dont get cool fresh feeling air with the mask on.

You can at the same time can give yourself an enema !! Get a great clean out.

26009srn.jpg

The surgical masks arent too horrible.y job entails lifting heavyish things fairly regularly. You just dont get cool fresh feeling air with the mask on.

And it can be pretty bad if you had the pickled herring & garlic/potato knish for lunch. Don't burp. :oops:

Went to Winco today.

About 50% of the people were wearing masks. I was and I was also wearing gloves.

Most everybody was being careful, but there were a few people who weren't - e.g., the 20-30 something parents with three kids, no masks, nothing. Why can't they have one parent stay home with the kids and the other go to the store?? :rolleyes::mad:

Anyway, they had a few small 16 ounce bottles of 70% alcohol for a $1.92 ea - a ripoff (I've paid $1/liter before CV), but I bought one (already had some, but not much, I wasn't good about replacing what I used in the past - when things settle down I will stock up on alcohol and hand sanitizer). I notice some online sellers are charging a $1+/ounce of hand sanitizer.

They had meat - chicken was about $2/pound. I noticed the prepared meats like chicken nuggets were still present, but shelves were about half as full as normal). They had some other meats too. Not empty selves for the most part and only a few limits on things - like the alcohol.

A few people had full carts, but most did not.

Yesterday in my college town in MT:

My husband went to Costco on Tuesday between 11 AM to Noon.

He knew about the mask deal, he had bought gas previously but he had not been INSIDE the store since he was told about it when the news first broke - one week BEFORE it was required. Plus it was and still is all over the Costco website. It has been ALL over the news too.

He had one of our 'forest fire masks' - PLAIN 3M masks from Home Depot with him but it does present a problem for him. They saw it in his pocket and asked him if he had a medical condition.

He has several conditions, uses a breathing machine at night on top of those issues, and he said that he did. The lady told him that there was NO problem and let him inside. He makes a FAST trip - in and out of any GROCERY store that he does shop at and this one trip was NO different since he only wanted to buy a FEW things.

He said that 50% or more of the people shopping there including OLDER PEOPLE as we are had no masks on. Some of them had their portable oxygen machines with them too. I did not shop with him. If I did shop with him, I would have had a mask on due to my SINUS issues and if I had to cough or clear my throat. I would not want to get swatted by an angry crowd even though I am VERY PICKY about my personal cleanliness issues and manners outside in public and not only in my own HOME!

The employees had masks on.

The people that did wear masks were constantly FOOLING WITH THEM.

(My husband said that Costco did OFFER free surgical type of masks here at the ENTRANCE DOOR and they are BLUE. They were in SEALED packages.)

Since he only needed a few things since we rotate our food and supplies - it took him only 40 minutes or so to shop. The store was not too crowded at that time of day - medium crowd.

They were still OUT of all dried beans. He has NOT seen any there for a few months but they did have the Bush brand of canned beans. He does NOT shop there every single day but he sometimes goes on a different day so IF dried beans came in - he could have missed them since he is not on some HUGE HUNT. LOL

They did have RICE - 25 pound bags. We don't need any of that.

They were OUT of ALL TOILET PAPER. NO KIRLAND and NO other brand at that time of day.

He did not TALK to the Costco butcher man in the BACK, ring the bell, or LOOK at meat prices too much. He did not buy any meat - we do not need any. The freezer is stocked. And if he needs meat and does not buy it at Costco or from a LOCAL MT meat shop HERE in town - he will buy beef from a rancher friend since he helps with mountain lions and gophers on their land when they ASK HIM for help. He hunts on their land too. OLD friends. He hunts on public land too.

I was trying to eat more out of the chest freezer with him and, one day, he came home with some more meat from the Costco butcher man. Right before the prices went UP even more.

I do not eat as much meat as I used to eat when I was younger. He eats less meat but more meat than I do.

Most senior citizens eat less meat as they age but some still keep up their same eating habits.

Walmart has been out of some products on and off. He has NOT seen KIRK'S castile bar soap for a few months. I have mentioned this before but I wanted to mention it again. They are still carrying it but he NEVER SEES IT in stock!

Ivory bar soap was in stock but we have a really good stock on hand. For a time frame, that was NOT to be found too. (Mentioned before.)

He did find the 2 kinds of REAL BUTTER that we buy in both stores. For a time frame, there were shortages there. Land O Lakes and Costco Kirkland butter.

Paper plates, paper napkins, paper towels and tissues were IN stock at Costco and Walmart. THIS time he saw toilet paper @ Walmart which he has not seen there for some time or VERY LITTLE OF IT there. And I already said that Costco had ZERO of it (T paper.) in ANY BRAND at that time of day on Tuesday.

He saw plenty of canned and frozen vegetables at Costco but he did not look for vegetables at Walmart.

Costco was still roasting chickens. They still have plenty of eggs there too.

Fruit was in stock at Costco - fresh and canned.

End of report.

Cate
PS: Walmart still had 22lr in stock in a few brands. FEDERAL bulk box and a few others. We did not need any but in some places in this town even the LARGE stores are LOW on various RF ammo including 22lr again. So they are waiting for another shipment or who knows what? NOT me since I did not ask them over the telephone and my husband did not ask them in person. I am just telling you what he saw when he went to a couple of other famous larger gun stores AND what I saw on a website for a large store in town that tends to do a lot of mail order ammo. Reloading supplies were HIT and miss. We don't need any and, in fact, if he sells a couple of other things, we may sell some newer stock on hand. Plus I do not know if he will have hand surgery or not down the road. He sees his doctor this summer if all goes well.

Costco stepped up its game in my area they have over 60 age only shopping hour 9am .everyone wearing mask and gloves .first to enter in a clean store was nice orginized distance markers plastic sheilds up in front of cashiers including pharmacy. with a distancing gestopo reminding those that get close to back up . limit of one on most hot items like handsan and rice ect .3 on meat so most can get what they need.I scored a hand sanitizer and spray lysol .first Ive seen . Cart wipers busy whiping some employees were cracking jokes a couple months ago ,I dont hear joking now,, no more smoking deals items also no discounts and prices are climbing . ,I dont see allot of the regular older employees Ive known for years ,, possible saftey furlow ?.. Lacking in allot desired go to product that is good for preppers. one gal said they are having a hard time getting product .but who isnt ? Its nice to have saftey minded biz after making to mistake of going to the filthy ghetto wallmart . I am still hoping I did not catch something from that bubblegumhole.distancing was out the window no orginization people taking bunch of kids in with them, thats stupid ,The self check out had hours of smeared finger prints on the stainless and scan screens, one employee that approched me at checkout seem to be looking to see if I was stealing rather than being safe .or could use help .The KB banned plastic bags were on A rack stuck together so it was touch one touch all type of arrangement , Costco is a PITA now but i appreciate their effort ,I might call and tell them so.

Yesterday in my college town in MT:

My husband went to Costco on Tuesday between 11 AM to Noon.

He knew about the mask deal, he had bought gas previously but he had not been INSIDE the store since he was told about it when the news first broke - one week BEFORE it was required. Plus it was and still is all over the Costco website. It has been ALL over the news too.

He had one of our 'forest fire masks' - PLAIN 3M masks from Home Depot with him but it does present a problem for him. They saw it in his pocket and asked him if he had a medical condition.

He has several conditions, uses a breathing machine at night on top of those issues, and he said that he did. The lady told him that there was NO problem and let him inside. He makes a FAST trip - in and out of any GROCERY store that he does shop at and this one trip was NO different since he only wanted to buy a FEW things.

He said that 50% or more of the people shopping there including OLDER PEOPLE as we are had no masks on. Some of them had their portable oxygen machines with them too. I did not shop with him. If I did shop with him, I would have had a mask on due to my SINUS issues and if I had to cough or clear my throat. I would not want to get swatted by an angry crowd even though I am VERY PICKY about my personal cleanliness issues and manners outside in public and not only in my own HOME!

The employees had masks on.

The people that did wear masks were constantly FOOLING WITH THEM.

(My husband said that Costco did OFFER free surgical type of masks here at the ENTRANCE DOOR and they are BLUE. They were in SEALED packages.)

Since he only needed a few things since we rotate our food and supplies - it took him only 40 minutes or so to shop. The store was not too crowded at that time of day - medium crowd.

They were still OUT of all dried beans. He has NOT seen any there for a few months but they did have the Bush brand of canned beans. He does NOT shop there every single day but he sometimes goes on a different day so IF dried beans came in - he could have missed them since he is not on some HUGE HUNT. LOL

They did have RICE - 25 pound bags. We don't need any of that.

They were OUT of ALL TOILET PAPER. NO KIRLAND and NO other brand at that time of day.

He did not TALK to the Costco butcher man in the BACK, ring the bell, or LOOK at meat prices too much. He did not buy any meat - we do not need any. The freezer is stocked. And if he needs meat and does not buy it at Costco or from a LOCAL MT meat shop HERE in town - he will buy beef from a rancher friend since he helps with mountain lions and gophers on their land when they ASK HIM for help. He hunts on their land too. OLD friends. He hunts on public land too.

I was trying to eat more out of the chest freezer with him and, one day, he came home with some more meat from the Costco butcher man. Right before the prices went UP even more.

I do not eat as much meat as I used to eat when I was younger. He eats less meat but more meat than I do.

Most senior citizens eat less meat as they age but some still keep up their same eating habits.

Walmart has been out of some products on and off. He has NOT seen KIRK'S castile bar soap for a few months. I have mentioned this before but I wanted to mention it again. They are still carrying it but he NEVER SEES IT in stock!

Ivory bar soap was in stock but we have a really good stock on hand. For a time frame, that was NOT to be found too. (Mentioned before.)

He did find the 2 kinds of REAL BUTTER that we buy in both stores. For a time frame, there were shortages there. Land O Lakes and Costco Kirkland butter.

Paper plates, paper napkins, paper towels and tissues were IN stock at Costco and Walmart. THIS time he saw toilet paper @ Walmart which he has not seen there for some time or VERY LITTLE OF IT there. And I already said that Costco had ZERO of it (T paper.) in ANY BRAND at that time of day on Tuesday.

He saw plenty of canned and frozen vegetables at Costco but he did not look for vegetables at Walmart.

Costco was still roasting chickens. They still have plenty of eggs there too.

Fruit was in stock at Costco - fresh and canned.

End of report.

Cate
PS: Walmart still had 22lr in stock in a few brands. FEDERAL bulk box and a few others. We did not need any but in some places in this town even the LARGE stores are LOW on various RF ammo including 22lr again. So they are waiting for another shipment or who knows what? NOT me since I did not ask them over the telephone and my husband did not ask them in person. I am just telling you what he saw when he went to a couple of other famous larger gun stores AND what I saw on a website for a large store in town that tends to do a lot of mail order ammo. Reloading supplies were HIT and miss. We don't need any and, in fact, if he sells a couple of other things, we may sell some newer stock on hand. Plus I do not know if he will have hand surgery or not down the road. He sees his doctor this summer if all goes well.

My mask makes my face itch then i mess with it ,i see others also doing it mostly men I think whiskers irritated it more , some of the woman here have whiskers also thanks to the freaky lefty invasion .I did were a old school bank robber bandanna mask the other day it was much more comfortable I might just go that route .if its somewhat effective .It looks better and goes well with my boots .

We had senior hours before and I wrote about it. My husband tried it one time @ the former senior hours @ Costco and he said, "NO more!", due to the Craziness of it all. I posted it here or in the other PREP section.

We had so many OUT OF STATE people shopping here and from all across MT too. Other thread or here? I forgot now and I will not hunt for it.

Costco is back to their regular hours and nationwide they have a newer plan for seniors.

There are some exceptions.

Special Operating Hours for Members Ages 60 or Older

Effective Monday, May 4, Costco warehouses will open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday for members ages 60 and older, and people with disabilities. Only members who meet this criteria will be able to shop during these hours. Guests will not be admitted. The pharmacy will be open, but the Costco Food Court will be closed during these hours.

Other stores have had special hours for seniors and disabled people too. Some of those hours have changed or will be changed as time marches on.

My husband and I hate crowds. Both of us do NOT like to 'shop' unless it is in a sporting goods store, a book store, etc. He says that he does not shop - he buys. LOL

He prefers to grocery shop when the stores are the least crowded. Me too. Lately, he goes to the grocery store and is in and out much faster than if I go with him.

Take care.

Cate

FWIW:

1) Picked up some groceries at Costco and Dollar Tree yesterday.

2) Dollar Tree had quarter liter (8oz) bottles of 70% iso alcohol stacked in boxes 3 high in the aisle. They also had a box of 8 oz hand sanitizer at the checkout. The lady in front of me bought four, I bought 3. Apparently, no limit. Again, $1 each. Also had 4 roll packs of TP - multiple shelves.

3) Today at Winco, they had hand sanitizer, limit of one, 8oz bottle, $4.12 ea. :rolleyes: I bought none - I think that is a ripoff. I could see paying twice as much, but 4X? :eek:

4) Winco did finally have yeast - the three pack instant was $1.18 with a limit of one. The much larger package of vacuum foil packed was $4 IIRC. I got both.

Both Costco and Winco seemed to have plenty of meat.

Was in my Costco a coupla weeks ago (for one of the last times ever - not renewing next month cuz they're anti-2A) and they had plenty of TP and paper towels, but a sign that said "limit 1 package per customer"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top