JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My cats are savages. I've never seen them kill birds, but snakes, frogs, rats, a turtle once, rabbits and mice. They're feline sociopaths.
If a person lets their cats roam in a fairly rural area it's not so bad. But people living in the middle of the city who leave their cats roaming out doors to crap in other people's yards? What the hell kind of smug , self centered piece of crap human is that? But then I have issues with people that walk their dogs and think it's okay to stand there on their device while their dumb animal pees on the shrubberies in OTHER people's yards too!

If a person lets their cats roam in a fairly rural area it's not so bad. But people living in the middle of the city who leave their cats roaming out doors to crap in other people's yards? What the hell kind of smug , self centered piece of crap human is that? But then I have issues with people that walk their dogs and think it's okay to stand there on their device while their dumb animal pees on the shrubberies in OTHER people's yards too!

That's an interesting point of view. I've always considered cats wandering around the neighborhood to be a regular thing to not get worked up about.

I also don't get angry at raccoons for living in trees, or pooping outside either. Should I even bring up birds? - they poop everywhere outside too, no regard to car windows either.

On another note, living in a leftist dystopia, it's people crapping randomly outside that I would have a serious problem with.

That's an interesting point of view. I've always considered cats wandering around the neighborhood to be a regular thing to not get worked up about.

I also don't get angry at raccoons for living in trees, or pooping outside either. Should I even bring up birds? - they poop everywhere outside too, no regard to car windows either.

On another note, living in a leftist dystopia, it's people crapping randomly outside that I would have a serious problem with.

Well, I have my view on humans allowing domestic animals, that they claim to own, being allowed to run free as being irresponsible. I wouldn't allow my kids to roam in others yards. Nor would I allow my stock, cows, sheep, horses, if I had those, to do that either. I'm a gardener. I grow things I plant things to eat and to look at, like flowers. Peoples cats allowed to roam free crap in my yard. I also feed "Wild Birds". Birds are beneficial. Cats are not. Other than to their owners maybe. Cats account for a lot of wild bird deaths I love cats actually! Not their fowl stinking feces in my dirt, that I pay property taxes on. Or their pee on the sliding glass door, garbage can, truck tires etc. In this hood, if a cat doesn't have a collar and I can humanely trap it, it goes to animal control.

^^There is a reason for the term 'like herding cats'....felines don't obey and are more akin to little women in cheap fur coats.

I always found it amusing that folks were required to pick up their dog crap up on Powell Butte Nature Park while there are (4) separate known packs of coyotes living in and around the park and shatting their little hearts our without so much as a whimper from the frequent visitors.

^^There is a reason for the term 'like herding cats'....felines don't obey and are more akin to little women in cheap fur coats.

I always found it amusing that folks were required to pick up their dog crap up on Powell Butte Nature Park while there are (4) separate known packs of coyotes living in and around the park and shatting their little hearts our without so much as a whimper from the frequent visitors.

That makes me think...How many dog owners would recognize the difference between domestic canine poop and coyote poop? I know the difference! I've seen it in the city a time or two.

The Costco in Clackamas started having people line up at 5:00 to get in this morning.It was supposed to be from 8 till 9 for the over 60 group but we all know how that went.Someone said the line went from the front door all around the building to the back and over by Sweet Tomatoes! Not sure in it was that long but it was crazy long. Had 8 pallets of TP which was gone by 9. I can kind understand some of the hoarding mentality but I really do not get TP and kitty litter,They had a limit of 1 on both of them. Freddies and Walmart both had empty shelves on litter,WTF. All this is driven by media hysteria but the traffic sure is nice.Clear roads kinda like before the California infestation ,we better enjoy it while we can.

THIS sounds like what has been going on in my college town - Missoula, MT.

I made another post or a few of them in this thread.

CRAZY, CRAZY TIMES and it is not just shoppers - some STOCK IS STILL NOT COMING IN and that is NO conspiracy theory either! ASK the managers, the clerks, the stockers, etc.

ALL of the time since this crapola started! Geeze Louise!

ALL OF THE TIME - OUT OF STATERS AND OTHER MONTANA COUNTIES NOT USING THEIR OWN COSTCO STORES and some travelers OFF on some trip (!!!) where MANY of the NATIONAL TRAILS, FORESTS, CAMPGROUNDS, ETC. ARE BEING CLOSED OFF TO ALL PEOPLE INCLUDING IN STATE MONTANA RESIDENTS!

I am not talking about national parks now either! That issue has been addressed and more are closing or almost all of them now too. GLACIER just closed last week if my memory serves me right. ADD MONTANA look out points of interest and all kinds of NATIONALLY OWNED - TAXPAYER PAID LANDS!

NO wonder almost ALL of the cases here (Montana) in the VIRUS CRAP has originated from WA state, the West Coast AND international travelers with their SECOND HOMES, PRIVATE AIRPLANES OR GOING BACK AND FORTH for shopping or their own vacation! I would say more but it belongs in another thread NOT here. LOOK at the famous Yellowstone Club and other richy rich clubs where people are flying in and not just in regular airports!

WHO the H is checking them on their health now?! I have a great example but it does belong in another thread - section!

Throw in the transients for their free s army crapola too. Ugh.

Every single early morning time (NEW senior time.) or at 10 AM. Same s - different day! AT almost all stores.

PLUS Costo and many, many other GROCERY, gun stores, etc. places are CLOSING EARLIER or JUST CLOSING 100% ALL OVER MONTANA. That list is growing!

My husband went to the FIRST early senior shopping day HERE this PAST week and he CAME HOME without getting into the store. Costco.

(Do not ask me about Boangles now aka the Bozeman Costco and other reports on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE. LOL!)

WE had shoppers FILL UP THE LOT FROM WA STATE, ALASKA, IDAHO, WI (!) and OREGON!

WE had shoppers from 5 DIFFERENT MONTANA COUNTIES THERE TOO.

The SEMI TRUCKS were HONKING THEIR HORNS FOR THE CRAZY OUT OF STATE DRIVERS TO MOVE and OLD MEN WERE RUNNING ACROSS THE PARKING LOT or dropping off people to get a CART if they could even FIND A CART.

He was willing to try a SENIOR or handicapped day one time and he said, "NO more!" He said that if I was there my use of a cane would not matter or us being in our late 60's - almost 70 later on this year.

He went back later on in the day - he got in even with the NEW LIMIT of people allowed at 1 time and he got our FRESH and other items and for the first time in ONE MONTH - he found a bit of toilet paper there. I am glad that I had EXTRA ON HAND as I always did. NONE at the other stores and NONE at Walmart either. STILL OUT OF MANY ITEMS IN ALL GROCERY STORES WHICH I WILL NOT RETYPE ALL OVER NOW.

He got one pack of TP and when he left almost ALL OF THAT WAS GONE IN ANOTHER BRAND - no Costco K brand was there. He did see paper towels which we sometimes buy so he got his first package THERE that he as seen in ONE MONTH too.

He found ZERO paper napkins in any store. He did find some paper plates at Walmart one time. He did find some Kleenex ONE TIME at Costco too.

The stores, local or large ones, are still EMPTY in MANY ITEMS.

OUT of staters and many Montana counties are showing up here in #4 County... from across the state and from UP north too.

Cate

Last Edited:
I wonder how much FOOD and paper goods fit into some of those out of state cars, trucks, suvs, and BIG fancy/dancy MOTOR HOMES and TRAILERS?!

Meanwhile... the in state residents are NOT finding products IF some of them are even being shipped!

The POOR and hard working cashiers, clerks, stockers, managers, money room people, etc. are WORKING THEIR BUTTS off trying to HELP ALL OF US and we DO APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM.

WE thank them too!

I thanked my garbage company people over the telephone the other day too.

Cate

I agree with MIKE - keep your domesticated PETS (Dogs and cats.) on YOUR OWN LAND and clean up your own MESS.

Have some respect for other people's private property and that goes for PUBLIC LANDS where people let their PETS ruin trails and public sidewalks too. CLEAN UP after your dog or cat poops even on a TRAIL.

IT is bad enough that we have PIGS aka bums/ transients that the AUTHORITIES LET RUIN PRIVATE and PUBLIC LANDS with their poop, urine, trash, vomit, blood, needles, etc.

WHY should we have to put up with cleaning up after other people's PETS that they don't even let them ruin their own fancy or plain yards?! YET - they think it is okay to ruin your own private land.

I have NO issue with wildlife pooping on my land and I have a LOT of wildlife of all kinds IN my small yard that goes down towards a river, some huge ponds, and in a VERY, very large piece of NO build land.

Bear poop, coyotes, foxes, lots of deer, one wolf, squirrels, owls, a few other birds, bald eagles, osprey, pheasant, grouse, wild turkeys, partridges, mountain lions, bobcats, etc.

The other day, my husband cleaned up a big pile of FOX POOP on our land and the one fox has a mate now back behind the water rights ditch of mine. IT is all in a wildlife area on my own land IN town that I have returned to a nice area with a HUGE amount of work on my part. Plus what I have spent in MONEY with tree work done for fire mitigation and tons more.

Cate

Last Edited:
On a positive note, yesterday (April 6 at 400pm) I was at a Costco in the north end of greater Seattle. Toilet paper, paper towel, and Kleenex tissue were all in stock and there was no panic buying. In general fresh meat, fresh vegetables, and non-perishable items were plentiful too.

Non-frozen bacon seemed a tad low but there were no limits on it.

The line to get in looked long, but given the six-foot spacing it only took 15min to get inside.

@Catherine1 the waves of panic buying started here around early March. It seems to have subsided now that many people are stocked up. If it is just starting there then you might anticipate about 3-4 weeks of crazy behavior.

I posted a snippet of a WSJ article in another thread. Something to keep an eye on.

On a positive note, yesterday (April 6 at 400pm) I was at a Costco in the north end of greater Seattle. Toilet paper, paper towel, and Kleenex tissue were all in stock and there was no panic buying. In general fresh meat, fresh vegetables, and non-perishable items were plentiful too.

Non-frozen bacon seemed a tad low but there were no limits on it.

The line to get in looked long, but given the six-foot spacing it only took 15min to get inside.

@Catherine1 the waves of panic buying started here around early March. It seems to have subsided now that many people are stocked up. If it is just starting there then you might anticipate about 3-4 weeks of crazy behavior.

Hello,

It is not just starting here. I was just updating what was going on here. I already posted on this thread about some issues here.

I previously posted on this thread about craziness, out of state shoppers, MT shoppers from all across Montana, continued shortages which are still going on in Costco, Walmart and in other stores in this town.

The LIST of shortages no matter what TIME of DAY or DAY of the WEEK does not matter because it IS still going on. And that goes for senior citizens/handicapped people shopping and NON senior and NON handicapped people shopping. (Special hours or not.)

Reports from our friends, other people, neighbors, etc. CONFIRM which we see going on too. Plus throw in the LOCAL news.

Anyway... this crapola is getting OLD no matter if a person always tried to BE PREPARED at any age especially when they were raised to be personally RESPONSIBLE for ALL things in their life!

Take care of yourself!

God bless you and your family. May God bless everyone else on this forum too.

Sincerely,

Cate

Last Edited:

I saw that article the other day elsewhere on the WWWeb. It really TICKS ME OFF too!

I think that it is a bunch of SALMAI that some people including politicians want to RESTRICT WHAT SOME PEOPLE BUY in the VERY FEW STORES that still REMAIN OPEN even with more and more BS restrictions and with more cutbacks = LESS HOURS that they remain open!

Take care.

Cate

Regarding that one news story up a few posts...

I do not see how THEY (A .gov AUTHORITY figure! LOL) figure a person can't buy a book or some other NON esstential item in a store that CARRIES those items even if that SAME store carries groceries or has a pharmacy in it.

Plus if a person needs a new computer if their computer broke down and THEY say that a person can only buy a new computer IF it is for their business or a WORK FROM HOME DEAL.

The entire situation is just plain crazy and NOT logical at all. Anti freedom for sure.

I do believe that some SPECIFIC items should be limited or rationed per person or family unit so that the LOCAL PEOPLE in an area can buy toilet paper, soap, a thermometer if their thermometer broke, their Rx or OTC medicine if they take any meds, food items, etc.

That way, one person or a group of travelers do not come into an AREA or into another STATE and clean out - BUY OUT essential items that support good health and feed people. Many other people end up doing without those essential items due to THOSE people IF they are being shipped/stocked. Some people were already prepared as best as they could prepare but they are dealing with this now too. Typos and added more.

There was a reason why some things were rationed in WW2 here in the USA even if many people did not want that or wanted to LIVE THAT WAY for that time frame.

Cate

Last Edited:
I wonder how much FOOD and paper goods fit into some of those out of state cars, trucks, suvs, and BIG fancy/dancy MOTOR HOMES and TRAILERS?!

Meanwhile... the in state residents are NOT finding products IF some of them are even being shipped!

The POOR and hard working cashiers, clerks, stockers, managers, money room people, etc. are WORKING THEIR BUTTS off trying to HELP ALL OF US and we DO APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM.

WE thank them too!

I thanked my garbage company people over the telephone the other day too.

Cate
[/QUOTE
The same thing is going on here . I dont have a stock pile but i have what I need for awhile ,I sometimes go the smaller stores during off hours and pick up a few things when they are on the shelf.costco is the goto for most folks even costco didnt have alot of my items I buy all the popular quick and easy food and hamburger was mia .there are alot of non locals buy all the goods .during the deppresion and ww2 there were alot of small farms and ranches that locals could buy from . Now we are counting on the truck to show puts us reliant on others alot of produce is imported from other countrys . Unknown others.most the farms ,canerys ect around here have been bought up by big city corperations some from china .
The modern way of doing things isnt my cup of tea . Im old and physically trashed . So change is not a option . But at least im not in the middle of a urban hell hole .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top