Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cost to refinish a 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by TOVO, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

Anyone have a ball park cost to have a pro refinish a 1911? Looking for a cost for a quality job. Just a ballpark figure. Again just a ballpark. Full size 1911. Many thanks

2. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

$200.

3. TOVO

Many thanks. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Parkerized $150

5. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

I think those are good ballpark numbers. Unfortunately quality gunsmith work, including bluing, is not cheap. Gunsmiths have to make a living too.

I don't think I could ever shell out the money to have something professionally refinished unless it was really special. An acquaintance once had a rifle totally refinished. The rifle wasn't anything special, just something he'd had around for a while; the bluing was worn and the stock a bit beat up. He took it to a gunsmith and had it reblued and the stock refinished - cost more than it was worth. I mentioned that he could have sold it as it was and with that money and what it cost to refinish he could have bought something really nice. Oh well.

6. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

It depends what you want done. Do you want a custom finish? Bluing? Different color slide and frame? Digital Camo?
    I charge anywhere from $200 and up depending on what a customer is interested in. Also more if I have to tear it down.

7. TOVO

Many thanks everyone and that give me a good idea on cost.

8. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

Turnbull Restorations does a very nice old school charcoal blueing. $275 for a 1911 plus shipping.

9. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

Tactical supply in Yakima is about $150 to Cerakote a slide and frame if you bring it in stripped.