JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a ball park cost to have a pro refinish a 1911? Looking for a cost for a quality job. Just a ballpark figure. Again just a ballpark. Full size 1911. Many thanks

I think those are good ballpark numbers. Unfortunately quality gunsmith work, including bluing, is not cheap. Gunsmiths have to make a living too.

I don't think I could ever shell out the money to have something professionally refinished unless it was really special. An acquaintance once had a rifle totally refinished. The rifle wasn't anything special, just something he'd had around for a while; the bluing was worn and the stock a bit beat up. He took it to a gunsmith and had it reblued and the stock refinished - cost more than it was worth. I mentioned that he could have sold it as it was and with that money and what it cost to refinish he could have bought something really nice. Oh well.

It depends what you want done. Do you want a custom finish? Bluing? Different color slide and frame? Digital Camo?
I charge anywhere from $200 and up depending on what a customer is interested in. Also more if I have to tear it down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top