JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tonight I was visiting with a friend who owns a decent sized agra business. He is a straight up owner. He tells me that one of his employees filled the fuel tank of his companies 2021 Chev 2500 Duramax with DEF. When he told me the cost of the repair, I was shell shocked. Total bill will be $29,000.00. He also said his insurance is paying for the repair after a 1,000.00 deductible. Repairs include new engine, new exhaust system, new catalytic converter and new fuel system including fuel tank.

Oh yes, there are a few of these stories out there. The cost of this mistake is ungodly. Makes one question the wisdom of MFG's putting both tank fills so close to each other. But maybe it doesn't matter.

Anyway, if you own a diesel rig with DEF, do whatever you have to do to not make this mistake. And make sure you have a VERY LONG TALK with the wife unit and kids if you ever let them drive your rig.

It is a common enough occurrence that Ford has put out a fuel contamination kit that includes injectors, all the engine fuel lines, injection pump, fuel filters and other items. We've done at least 4 of them thru the shop but have never had to replace an engine or a fuel tank.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top