Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

cost of refinishing?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Kevinkris, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

so ive been trying to find a way to ball park the cost of getting an old break action shotgun i just picked up and i cant find anything that helps. im not worried about the wood but i would like to get the metal cleared of the very small amounts of rust and either blued, ceracoat or just duracoat. to me it doesnt really matter a whole lot of which finish because i wanted it for a practical long gun that im going to hang on to for a while.

i would just get a can of that aerosol duracoat and do it myself but i dont have the tools for taking the receiver apart. anyone have a close idea of what it would cost me?

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

150 bucks for Cerakote from Twisted Firearms in Colton. The link will take you to their price page

3. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

oh wow thats not bad at all. thanks for the help.

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

You may want to give him a call as I was reading on their site and disassembly and reassembly are extra, but I don't know how much. Won't hurt to ask.

5. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is thru Sur-tac in troutdale. I think the complete prices include dissassmbly/reassembly but not certain. (He quoted me a lower price for a handgun if I took it apart first)

http://www.sur-tacgear.com/Pages/prices.html