JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody have an idea what the cost (ballpark) of doing this locally is? I had in mind to buy a Criterion 24" bbl with USGI profile, as the price is pretty good. The CMP has several service options for removing and installing barrels, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping the rifle to Alabama.

I have a 1943 03A3 mixmaster with an original 2-groove bbl that is badly pitted, and you can barely see the rifling on the muzzle end (throat is okay). Sometimes she groups well enough for pie plates, but is starting to throw more fliers and probably has not much life left. I know if I sell the rifle I will probably regret it, so I have been exploring some other options.

Many thanks in advance.

The criterion barrels have, in my limited experience with them, torqued on nicely and lined up with minimal fitting of the torque shoulder.
The chamber is short, which means you'll either need to rent a reamer and headspace gauges from someplace like 4D rentals or better yet, take it to @Velzey and let him punch the chamber.

I don't want to speak to cost because I don't know what another gunsmith would charge, but the reamer and gauge rental will be about $50-$75 depending on fees, deposits, etc. if you decided to go the DIY route.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top