JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few pistols I've been thinking about selling, so called the local shop (one and only shop in town) and they want $50.00 to do private party transfers ($20.00 from the seller to enter the gun into their books, $20.00 from the buyer to transfer the gun out of their books, and $10.00 for the State Police check). Friggin' commies in Salem tick me off to no end!

Go to tigard pawn 4 more.
$25 straight fee that includes both BGC and the transfer.

Any place that charges more than 25 or additional fees is a scam, you're at the mercy of their word.. Some days they'll say $25 others they'll say $50.. Id stick with the places that are known to be honest, like Tigard Pawn.

Here's the thing though, and I understand it. Nobody wanted this stupid transfer law. But, gun shops are not open to do transfers, primarily, they are open to sell you stuff, and transfer firearms to people that they bought from their shop. I have noticed that staff at gun shops do not particularly care for you purchasing parts from other than them, and doing the transfer begrudgingly. It is an uncomfortable situation. Now, a pawn shop, is not a gun shop, per say, but is a service business, thus the more friendly approach to the whole thing, and better pricing.
It makes total sense to me.

Go to tigard pawn 4 more.
$25 straight fee that includes both BGC and the transfer.

Any place that charges more than 25 or additional fees is a scam, you're at the mercy of their word.. Some days they'll say $25 others they'll say $50.. Id stick with the places that are known to be honest, like Tigard Pawn.

Thanks for the info, but by the time I traveled five hours round trip, I'd be time and money ahead to pay the $50.00. My point is, the whole universal background check is nothing more than a burden and another tax on law abiding citizens.

Thanks for the info, but by the time I traveled five hours round trip, I'd be time and money ahead to pay the $50.00. My point is, the whole universal background check is nothing more than a burden and another tax on law abiding citizens.

That's why many of us tried to fight it - and were 100% completely ignored by the legislators.

Remember that come primary election and general election time for your local legislators - if they voted for SB941, then in my book, they need to be sent packing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top