JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just was wondering what other FFL's are charging for a BGC / Transfer fee for a private sale.
I am asking 'cause I recently did a trade ( straight across ) and the dealer that I used ( closest one to my home ) charged $50 for the transfer.

I paid...'cause I really like the rifle...but $50 seems a bit excessive.
I understand that I am taking up the store's time / clerk's attention...and the store needs to pay for lights , heat , inventory , etc...
But damn...$50 seems a lot for what little was done.

In any case , Just wondering if $50 was actually a good or "normal " price for this service.

Please note that I am not in favor for BGC's for private sales...I voted against it.
Andy
If they gave you a sloppy ol' kiss as part of the process, then you done good…. if they didn't then you got f…… er, never-mind!

;):D

I only charge $20 total ($10 for OSP, $10 for my time), but my side biz is just that. The next closest shop it is $65 which is, imho, insane. The rest I've seen locally are somewhere in the $25—40 zone, which is doable.

I used to use this guy in Lacey. He had a Lego store. But in a private backroom, a wall of guns. He got his FFL mainly for his own stuff, but did transfers and ordering to qualify as a "business". What a trip. It was $20 for transfers thru him, but kinda long drive for you, my friend.

ETA: Oh, yeah, he didn't ask about the import (or whatever it was called, it's not a sales tax) tax, and I didn't bring it up.

Just like Hazmat fees, that started at $10, BGC have gone up because everyone has to have it.
Forced compliance.
Just like, you have to buy a new 5G phone because you old one won't work anymore. (Sorry. This one really pisses me off) :mad:

OSP bgc is $10. Not sure about other states, but the ffl charges their fees as well. Some dealers charge more for online transfers vs in store/pvt party. $25-$40 is reasonably normal, more than that is taking advantage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top