JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know what the cost $$$ of a 1911 trigger job and trigger replacement is, ballpark?

I have a SA Mil-Spec with a short trigger, I want to replace it with a long trigger and lighten the trigger pull. I would supply the replacement trigger myself.

For all the 1911 experts out there, I apologize for the ignorance. I do 99% of the work on my own guns, but when there are springs and fitting/polishing/grinding involved, I don't have any of the tools or experience and I prefer to not mess with it. If I polish/grind the wrong area or take off too much, I can't well put the metal back on. Just not worth the risk.

I learned how to do it myself with this shop manual. I like tinkering on my own guns.
I purchased a sear fitting jig. Install a Spring kit and properly fit sear and hammer. But I
have owned a dozen different 1911s. Quality fitted parts kits are available from
Cylinder and Slide. CS0105 - C&S 1911 45 ACP 4lb. Trigger Pull Enhancement Kit Series 70 Blue - Cylinder & Slide - Handguns parts and accessories
1564686713181.png

Does anybody know what the cost $$$ of a 1911 trigger job and trigger replacement is, ballpark?

I have a SA Mil-Spec with a short trigger, I want to replace it with a long trigger and lighten the trigger pull. I would supply the replacement trigger myself.

For all the 1911 experts out there, I apologize for the ignorance. I do 99% of the work on my own guns, but when there are springs and fitting/polishing/grinding involved, I don't have any of the tools or experience and I prefer to not mess with it. If I polish/grind the wrong area or take off too much, I can't well put the metal back on. Just not worth the risk.

I see one of the supporting vendors here already contacted you. The one thing I always say on this is let a pro do it. Building a 1911 or working on one is a ton of fun for those who are handy. There are a few things to leave to a pro and this is one. When you hear horror stories of one going full auto, or discharging when the safety was releases and such it is because someone went after it who should have left it to a pro. There are a couple guys on this forum who are well spoken about. Use one who is well known for this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top