JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I would bury a gun if I had any and I do not. I would go to Wal-Mart and get a seal meal roll. Then go to bike shop. And pick up some Maxima Chain Wax 20 Ounces run you about 8 bucks. Go to home depot and pick up a piece of black PVC pipe with two end caps (you can get a rubber cap for one end if you are going to be opening it a lot) go home clean and dry gun "must be dry" spray "light" coat of Chain Wax on gun inside and out it will be sticky use gloves wipe off excess Chain Wax. Seal one end of seal a meal roll in two places. Roll out about 6 to 8 inches past the end of gun put in O2 absorber seal gun in bag. Put end cap on PVC pipe with PVC pipe glue two cans one is for prep one is the glue let set till dry put gun in PVC pipe prep last cap put in 02 absorber I weld so I have argon and I would fill it up with argon then seal it. That should do you for 20 years or so if you were going to bury it you would bury it standing up below the frost line so it would be harder for anyone to find it.
If you use argon it is heavier than air put your pipe in the PVC tube to the bottom. Turn on gas slowly light a candle hold about an inch above the PVC tube when it goes out it has pushed all the 02 out and you can seal it.

My 2 cents
Last year I stored several rifles in a plywood shed all winter long thinking that because they were double wrapped that there would be no corrosion, I was wrong. Condensation, over 3 months accumulated on all metal surfaces even parkerized metal had bright orange rust on it. The only metal parts that did not rust were those that were painted, I would recommend Cerro coat or enamel paint along with heavy grease in the bore and other internal parts.
As a kid I used to use very hot water and a long handled brush to clean cosmoline

why not just get a pvc pipe with end caps and put any wood or anything that oil would damage or make inoperable in a seal a meal bag, and any metal parts just put in the pvc pipe then fill with oil to the very top then seal and then bury it at least 4 ft. deep in this area. I can not see why people want to make things harder than it has to be. soil is one of the best insulators so you would not have hardly any temp. change to cause condensation to contaminate the oil.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top