JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Public education can be avoided. But can you suggest another method, other than a police force, for society to handle people that steal, defraud, prey upon, mutilate, murder, molest, and otherwise injure others in such varieties of ways??? Maybe communal stoning? Hauling miscreants to the top of a tall building and pushing them off? Lynching? Tar and feathers? Run out on a rail? The stocks/blocks? Hmmmmmm???
Yeah, tar and feathers. I'm a big fan of this concept

IMO, if one doesn't like the laws that exist, one should try to change them. Realize tho that "most" laws are put into place by our masters because they are what the society at large is demanding. For laws that have been on the books for a hundred years, one will be bucking the ideals of 95% to 99.9% of the populace. It is only in our recent world that we see a 50/50 split on things, where we wind up being dominated by a simple majority vote.

As a small (l) libertarian, I believe in the most liberty for the most people most of the time. That said, we do have to have laws. And good citizens follow those laws for the good of others.

Car registration exists so that police can track ownership, thereby able to tell if a car is stolen. If there were no car registration, there would be no way to recover stolen cars and thieves would drive your stolen car carefree for as long as they please.

Drug dealers (cartels) in Portland are giving free doses of heroin to people to get them hooked as a user. Even tho I believe stupid people should be allowed to do stupid things (the users) does that mean that intentionally getting them hooked, ruining their lives, and sometimes incurring their deaths, is not a wrong? How about when they deal to children... is that OK?

I do have an issue with dealing to children, and do believe this should obviously be a concern. However, the receiving adult made a choice to use that heroin.

If registration were about JUST tracking ownership, it would he a 1 time affair. I own the same car for 10+ years, why do I register 10+ times. And aside from that, vin numbers exist. I am a very large, 72 point font L libertarian.

I do have an issue with dealing to children, and do believe this should obviously be a concern. However, the receiving adult made a choice to use that heroin.

If registration were about JUST tracking ownership, it would he a 1 time affair. I own the same car for 10+ years, why do I register 10+ times. And aside from that, vin numbers exist. I am a very large, 72 point font L libertarian.

I don't much care for car registration fees but do like paved roads. I get that pavement is not free but the cost has got out of hand because the companies who pave roads are pretty much a monopoly and they are "in" with the people who are responsible for procuring such things as street paving contracts.

I have watched a local paving company drive road graders and all the other implements used in paving roads up and down the street for literally weeks. I'm not exageratin, doing repave jobs that shoulda been complete in 3 to 4 days tops. Why? If you knew how much they bid that job for you would understand why thay feel the need to showboat for 2 weeks on a 3 day job.

Taxes and fees such as car registration SUCK but are a necessary evil. We all want them to remain under control. $30 car tabs any one?

I have strong libertarian tendencies... My philosophies/beliefs are:

Christian
Conservative
Libertarian
Republican

In that order.

I end up voting republican because who else would I vote for? There is always one "lessor" evil and that is never the "left" end of things political.

;)

Sooooo, the cartel feeding heroin to first time users free of charge in order to get them hooked is okay, because it's all on the user for making the choice to try it out. And Satan is a great guy. Got it!!

Admittedly car registration fees are bloated and getting worse. But your thinking assumes that a 1 time fee will pay for the continued maintenance of the entire system and the paychecks of the people employed in that system. Such a system would require new registrations constantly. Does that seem even remotely logical to you???

VIN numbers would be useless for police to identify stolen cars while they are being driven. Such a plan would only identify stolen cars that have been stopped for some other reason or perhaps by the parking maid checking VINS... does that really sound like a good plan???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have great admiration and respect for Law Enforcement.

Without them we'd live in anarchy.

The 'Thin Blue Line' is real...
Well. Looking at Portland... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'd say its already in chaos and anarchy since the PPB were repeatedly ordered to stand down regarding the AntiFa and it seems they aren't allowed to enforce existing laws or cooperate with Federal agents

Honestly, my own opinion.. depending on the locale of course, but I'd be okay with removing City police forces and leaving it to County Sheriffs and State Police to do what their only duties are.. which is to arrest criminals for courts, and to take reports down from citizens. Otherwise, let the citizens protect themselves, and of course, this also means a cultural education reform in which personal responsibility and accountability trumps idealogies and entitlement/victimhood stuff. :confused:

I had the same thought as RV Tech.

Pot smoker maybe??? :p;):D

Nope, drug tested since I was 18, both in my mil and civilian career. I have no concerns about stolen cars not being recovered as quickly. It is more impprtant to me that people be free of government intervention.
Also I dont believe we spend/pay wisely in government, as well as the gpvernment providing us with WAY too many services that should be privatized

I have no concerns about stolen cars not being recovered as quickly. It is more impprtant to me that people be free of government intervention.

But almost ALL other people do... so you're going to lose that battle every time. And don't BS me, you would if it was your Maserati that was stolen!!!

Also I dont believe we spend/pay wisely in government, as well as the gpvernment providing us with WAY too many services that should be privatized

I won't disagree with you there!!! But the trend is in the wrong direction. Instead of people getting HUGELY involved in making gov smaller and more efficient, people want more and more and more freebies, as well as more gov interference in and control of our lives. Every person that tries to fight it is shouted down, punished, voted out of office, etc. :(:(:mad::mad:

At the risk of contributing to thread drift, this is why I could never be an actual Libertarian. I definitely lean libertarian in many ways, but when I see how far hard-core, capital L Libertarians take it, I just shake my head. Lots of great sounding principles that don't work so well in the real world.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top