JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah no kidding. The headline "School Board Member" was a dead give-away. I din't give a rats behind. "It" has a part in how the Corvallis schools operate. If a couple more of them were to get on the board some real harm could be done. It already is in the local PDX elementary school near me where they're teaching, "gender awareness?" to THIRD GRADERS! who do you suppose that came from??? Perhaps the school board?

And before you label me some sort of phobic realize that I don't care what your life style is. Hell, I don't even care about the person that was in high heels and dressed to the nines, and pretty good looking, that was standing in the stall taking a leak when i went into the men's room at out local dive bar/grill the other night. I was shocked as hell and walked right back out. But I wouldn't bash the person. That Forston person should be gone from ANY position having anything to do with children.

They can't use gender identifying terms like HE/HIM, HER/SHE, Mrs/Ms. It upsets they/their/it/them. The Oregonian is SO woke.

Schools EVERYWHERE should be teaching academics and not SOCIAL STRUCTURING!!!
Indoctrination is now the order of the day and
this is how America has fallen to this level of absurdity.:oops:

Portland's next Mayor or Oregon's next Governor?

I love how she (xe?) tries to act the victim. My guess is that if someone had made the same statement about one of our protected classes or our "southern guests" she would have been the first one to show up with a rope.

BTW the story she referenced about someone being arrested for stealing a shopping cart to take his groceries home - a quickk search shows the going rate to replace a cart is $150. I wonder if she would be still think the cops were bastards had the fellow been arreated for stealing something of hers that cost the same amount?

She probably has no idea how much cart theft there is and that stores have paper thin margins and have to raise the prices that the rest of us pay to cover the cost of replacement carts.

BTW, since she gets to self identify as "non binary" I get to self identify as "non accepting of virtue signalling politically correct bullbubblegum, oh, and use the damn bathroom that matches your plumbing".

Cart theft is so bad that even in good parts of the city (Lake Oswego) the stores have to pay people to go out and hunt down carts removed from their property. Just to the West of the long off ramp from I5 to Mission Street heading south there are between 8 and 10 carts stacked up there Bums have used to haul their crap to the area so they can illegally camp there. The area is being cleaned up by ODOT. They had to actually rough in a road to the area so they could get equipment and dump trucks into the area of the clean up it was so bad.

I dislike both cops (not on a personal level per we, but rather I feel the current US police culture is extremely dangerous to our liberties) and public education. I am torn here.

I dislike both cops (not on a personal level per we, but rather I feel the current US police culture is extremely dangerous to our liberties) and public education. I am torn here.

Public education can be avoided. But can you suggest another method, other than a police force, for society to handle people that steal, defraud, prey upon, mutilate, murder, molest, and otherwise injure others in such varieties of ways??? Maybe communal stoning? Hauling miscreants to the top of a tall building and pushing them off? Lynching? Tar and feathers? Run out on a rail? The stocks/blocks? Hmmmmmm???

I am torn here.
What is it you are 'torn' between?

If you dislike something either avoid it, accept it as is, work to change it or let it be.

But most of all keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself unless you are willing to accept the consequences (such as with the school board member)

If one ever had doubt that criminals abound everywhere watch a few episodes of "Live PD" and it's satellite shows.

Or some of the prison shows like "Locked Up".

The education the criminal sympathizers get is inspirational ah, if they pay attention.

Normal people know about low life criminals without having to explore this as they have sense.

Normal people are often preyed upon by criminals, such as I've experienced: My house burgled, my vehicle broken into - nothing taken as I leave nothing of value in it, my daughter was robbed at gunpoint when she was a teenager.

But the left, being criminal sympathizers turn a blind eye to this sort of thing as it messes with their emotional Feng Shui..

Public education can be avoided. But can you suggest another method, other than a police force, for society to handle people that steal, defraud, prey upon, mutilate, murder, molest, and otherwise injure others in such varieties of ways??? Maybe communal stoning? Hauling miscreants to the top of a tall building and pushing them off? Lynching? Tar and feathers? Run out on a rail? The stocks/blocks? Hmmmmmm???

I have no objections to a police force, I have an objection to the current method of our policing, and the mindset of a large percentage of police officers regarding turning to CoC, and elevating if needed, when they see wrong-doing by fellow officers. I also absolutely do not believe in aggressive enforcement of victimless, or theorhetical victim crimes.

I have no objections to a police force, I have an objection to the current method of our policing, and the mindset of a large percentage of police officers regarding turning to CoC, and elevating if needed, when they see wrong-doing by fellow officers. I also absolutely do not believe in aggressive enforcement of victimless, or theorhetical victim crimes.

CoC? Elevating? What victimless crimes, theoretical or otherwise? I'm not understanding what you are saying yet.

Chain of command, elevating up that chain if resolutions are not found with first line supervisor. Things like possession of drugs, vehicle registration, etc.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you want the police to be better at policing themselves. If that is so, it's a common complaint about any power structure. What do you think we should do to fix the problem?

Regarding "victimless" crimes you must know that possession of personal use quantities is a minor infraction in most places today. Are you saying that there should be no penalty at all for personal use drugs? If so, which drugs? All of them? Is it okay to use heroin, or fentanyl? What is the purpose of vehicle registration, and why is it ok to disregard the law on registering a vehicle? Or are you saying that it is just being stopped for expired tags that you are against. Or a taillight/headlight being out... and then they discover the driver is driving w/o a license, is drunk, and has drugs and a firearm in the car? Those kinds of "victimless" crimes are generally an infraction, except for the firearm, and incur a fine for having the audacity to flaunt the laws. Is it the fine that bothers you, the inconvenience of the traffic stop, or...?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you want the police to be better at policing themselves. If that is so, it's a common complaint about any power structure. What do you think we should do to fix the problem?

Regarding "victimless" crimes you must know that possession of personal use quantities is a minor infraction in most places today. Are you saying that there should be no penalty at all for personal use drugs? If so, which drugs? All of them? Is it okay to use heroin, or fentanyl? What is the purpose of vehicle registration, and why is it ok to disregard the law on registering a vehicle? Or are you saying that it is just being stopped for expired tags that you are against. Or a taillight/headlight being out... and then they discover the driver is driving w/o a license, is drunk, and has drugs and a firearm in the car? Those kinds of "victimless" crimes are generally an infraction, except for the firearm, and incur a fine for having the audacity to flaunt the laws. Is it the fine that bothers you, the inconvenience of the traffic stop, or...?

I dont believe anyone should need permission from the state to drive a car they own on roads they paid for. I also believe anyone should he able to carry any firearm they want at any time. I also believe that people should be allowed to sell heroine to other adults for the purpose of injecting straight in to their eyeballs.

Propose to do about it: Realize that there is a HUGE problem, and seriously limit the power we give to the police. When the police flash bang my living room, then breach my door and storm in with m4s, then kill me for defending myself, while serving a no-knock red flag warrant, it will all he techniques and equipment they learned and procured through the war on drugs.
They only way to defend our own personal liberties is to defend everyone elses as well. Everyone's, all the time.

I dont believe anyone should need permission from the state to drive a car they own on roads they paid for. I also believe anyone should he able to carry any firearm they want at any time. I also believe that people should be allowed to sell heroine to other adults for the purpose of injecting straight in to their eyeballs.

Propose to do about it: Realize that there is a HUGE problem, and seriously limit the power we give to the police. When the police flash bang my living room, then breach my door and storm in with m4s, then kill me for defending myself, while serving a no-knock red flag warrant, it will all he techniques and equipment they learned and procured through the war on drugs.
They only way to defend our own personal liberties is to defend everyone elses as well. Everyone's, all the time.

Got it. Thanx for taking the time to clarify!!

IMO, if one doesn't like the laws that exist, one should try to change them. Realize tho that "most" laws are put into place by our masters because they are what the society at large is demanding. For laws that have been on the books for a hundred years, one will be bucking the ideals of 95% to 99.9% of the populace. It is only in our recent world that we see a 50/50 split on things, where we wind up being dominated by a simple majority vote.

As a small (l) libertarian, I believe in the most liberty for the most people most of the time. That said, we do have to have laws. And good citizens follow those laws for the good of others.

Car registration exists so that police can track ownership, thereby able to tell if a car is stolen. If there were no car registration, there would be no way to recover stolen cars and thieves would drive your stolen car carefree for as long as they please.

Drug dealers (cartels) in Portland are giving free doses of heroin to people to get them hooked as a user. Even tho I believe stupid people should be allowed to do stupid things (the users) does that mean that intentionally getting them hooked, ruining their lives, and sometimes incurring their deaths, is not a wrong? How about when they deal to children... is that OK?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads