JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Despite her best efforts, a suicidal woman failed to provoke the Corvallis Police Department in letting her commit "suicide by cop" last Tuesday night.

Amazingly, officers held their fire, as she pointed a very realistic looking toy handgun that she had stolen from a toy store at them, and verbally challenged them to shoot her. It was 9pm at night, and officers stated that they could not determine that the gun was a toy. They said that it was only after she finally dropped it, that they realized the toy gun was not real.

Here is a photo of the mentally disturbed woman, and the toy, which is designed to look like a S&W 500 Magnum revolver:

9553291_G.jpg

The woman admitted that her goal was to get herself killed, and that she thought that suicide by cop would be an effective way to commit suicide.

Here is a link to the complete news story from Fox 12 news:

http://www.kptv.com/story/30856146/...-confronted-officer-hoping-he-would-shoot-her

9553291_G.jpg

Corvallis PD are slow to react since they got their tit in the ringer for detaining the guy checking his mail and had to pay out a lawsuit.

Three/four weeks ago a group of teens were arrested after some street armed robberies. I believe they pulled some crazy stuff like this on the police too.

They also have lots of patience with open carriers. Just don't call them if you were mugged, they will take 15-20 minutes to show up and accuse you indirectly of selling drugs as to the reason you were mugged.

Source: former Corvallis resident for 12 years.

The Albany Democrat Herald has posted a follow-up story about the officer that held his fire. He is a young officer by the name of Derrick Samuels: only on the force for a year and a half. Despite the fact that he did not shoot her, the incident was still so very stressful that he has decided to take some time off.

Samuels states in the article that the Corvallis Police Department encourages its officers to use their heads first, before anything else. I think that something about the circumstances must have seemed suspicious, and caused him to hold his fire.

Here is the officer's official police photo:

5687f302167c8.image.jpg
Here is a link to the full news article:

http://democratherald.com/news/loca...cle_3281bfa5-fe2b-5499-9f94-30d610138326.html

Let's hope that this officer is recognized for his courage in handling this incident.

5687f302167c8.image.jpg

I thought toy guns were supposed to have orange tips on the barrel, is this a bb or pellet gun ? The cylinder is tipped out also. Opps, missed it, she removed the orange tip.

Yea, she simply yanked the orange tip off.

I wonder if this incident could spark protests here in Oregon for Fred Meyer to remove toy guns from their stores?? Could the anti-gun extremists go that far?? I would not put it past them.

This will happen more and more only LEOs will start dying because they are afraid of the public opinion.
Just like soldiers in the sandbox.
Good people will die for fear of society retribution for keep the rest of us safe.

Making good people helpless, won't make bad people harmless.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top