JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2) "(no LE dept is going to leave long guns casually leaning in a rack like you or I would have in our PU)"
Just for the record I never casually leave any firearm in a vehicle.

Sigh. I keep thinking of, relating to, the old days in my little rural community where everybody had a .22 or a 30-30 and a shotgun in the PU back window rack. Yes, you are technically correct, those days are gone. Thanx a lot for the reminder!!! :(

But you got the point I was actually making, right? Right? (Hint: it wasn't about US leaving our firearms unlocked in our vehicles.)

As a video observer, safe at home, I cannot opine as to Officer #1's motives or fitness to serve and protect. Monday morning quarterbacks can pontificate on that point. But as a former LEO, I will say that SOME of the intrusive thoughts occurring to him (all in a fraction of a moment) during this event MIGHT HAVE included:

- Oh f__, now I could become the object of libtard outrage everywhere.
- Probably riots too.
- Retribution against my family.
- Thank God, at least he's not black.
- Mega-expensive legal representation in court.
- Vilification by the "governor," burdick, prozanski, et at.
- Career? Gone.
- Police defunding here in Corvallis, too.
- At least he's wearing his mandatory face-diaper.

Are ANY of those thoughts legit priorities that law enforcement personnel should have to wrestle with in a SHTF mess like this? Do they belong on the procedural check-list when it's time to detain a subject and sort things out? Absolutely not. Should actions focus instead on neutralizing violent threats with the minimum force necessary, only to escalate incrementally as required by the situation? One might think.

Tragically, this is just some of what self-proclaimed "woke" voters have heaped, like so much weighty garbage, on top to the split-second decisions that Police Officers must make when someone slips a cog and starts endangering people with a weapon.

Should he still be a cop? That's something he needs to work out with his superiors, not career hack-politicians, partisan editors and rioting vandals with spray paint, bricks, lasers and torches.

Last Edited:
2:30 - calm approach. The Officer knows the perp by name.
2:41 - nothing bad has happened.
2:42 - officer called the perp by name (Jeff).
2:44 - perp yells No!
2:46 - both yelling. Uh-oh. Jeff is high or mad or jonesing or something.
2:47 - physical contact.
2:48 - brief separation and death threat and knife charge.
2:49 - officer running.

In 3 seconds, it went from
"low-threat, it's just moron Jeff again"
to
"we hand-tangled and then he charged me at close range with a knife".

I honestly had no idea that NWF was so full of ninja swat killa cops.

Seems to me, distance and a weapon wasn't a terrible idea in that situation, but maybe next time don't get so close to the Jeffs.

My personal preference: the cop would have drawn his pistol instead of the taser, and shot Jeff a few times with bullets instead of missing him with a single-shot taser.
IMO - riots etc were not a concern in the back of the cop's mind because the perp was white. Nobody is rioting when cops shoot white bad guys. That's not a racist statement, it's just a fact of modern America.

Stuff happens fast I guess.

The missed taser shot happened when the perp was 50 yards from the hotel entrance.

The perp seems to have made it back to the hotel pretty quick.
IMO, the cop should have been right on his heels with gun drawn. Not strolling.

That's my armchair 2 cents.

Maybe Corvallis needs to fire all its cops and hire everyone from page 1 through page 4. :D

I believe the PD tasers give 2 tries per cartridge.
Once the cartridge is deployed you can pull the trigger as many times as you want. They normally run for 5 seconds per pull. But if only 1 prong connects you won't have a good circuit. You can run up and press the taser into the body to complete the circuit. Also when deploying a taser you want the prongs to ideally spread the waist of the body. One up top and one down low. The farther away the prongs are from each Other the better effect you will have. Trust me. Haha

Once the cartridge is deployed you can pull the trigger as many times as you want.
That's also true, I assumed the cops would get the X2 but I don't know firsthand.

That's also true, I assumed the cops would get the X2 but I don't know firsthand.

Yea I'm not sure what variant each agency carries. I'll tell you I'd rather be tased than OCed.

Yea I'm not sure what variant each agency carries. I'll tell you I'd rather be tased than OCed.
I OC'd myself just to see what it was going to be like. Unpleasant. A real dry cleaning opportunity too, and that's with a shower to trot into. A Taser, I dunno, I don't like the idea of the complications an electrical shock might bring, I have a shower, but not a defib station here.

I prefer to comply and take any fight to court, in a suit.

I OC'd myself just to see what it was going to be like. Unpleasant. A real dry cleaning opportunity too, and that's with a shower to trot into. A Taser, I dunno, I don't like the idea of the complications an electrical shock might bring, I have a shower, but not a defib station here.

I prefer to comply and take any fight to court, in a suit.
Taser wasn't that bad. It's a hell of a ride though. It's a weird sensation to say the least.

How come they just didn't shoot him in the leg, (laughs in moron)

download.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads