JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I must be blind. The article posted by the OP said Odumbo signed 2 executive orders but I only saw:
One of these executive orders will permit states to provide mental health information to government gun control authorities, totally ignoring HIPAA privacy restrictions
WTF is the other EO?

YOU owe me a thumb !
I had to go to a damned liberal progressive site to get this.
So it is done in libspeak.

The first order, proposed by the Department of Justice, more clearly defines who cannot possess a handgun under federal law due to mental health issues. It is designed to clarify the language of the current law by providing better definitions for phrases like what it means to be "committed to a mental institution." This, in turn, will provide a more well-rounded picture of a potential buyer's mental health for the background check to determine whether a purchase should be allowed.

The second executive action concerns privacy laws associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. States have complained that individual privacy protections have made it difficult for them to report relevant mental health information to their respective background check systems, which they fear could lead to guns falling into dangerous hands. The proposed change would allow states to relay "limited" tidbits of information that they feel should be included in background checks. The executive order stresses that it will not prevent everyone with mental health concerns from buying guns, and will not require buyers to report "routine mental health care."

So where is the NRA when you need them??? They should be putting pressure on every Rep & Senator out there.
Taku, if we ever meet I owe ya a beer! If ya don't drink, I'll drink it for ya;-) That must have been Fricken Awful!!!!

OK, I must be blind. The article posted by the OP said Odumbo signed 2 executive orders but I only saw:
One of these executive orders will permit states to provide mental health information to government gun control authorities, totally ignoring HIPAA privacy restrictions
WTF is the other EO?
Post #6 in this thread has the White House link:
FACT SHEET: Strengthening the Federal Background Check System to Keep Guns out of Potentially Dangerous Hands | The White House

YOU owe me a thumb !
I had to go to a damned liberal progressive site to get this.
So it is done in libspeak.

The first order, proposed by the Department of Justice, more clearly defines who cannot possess a handgun under federal law due to mental health issues. It is designed to clarify the language of the current law by providing better definitions for phrases like what it means to be "committed to a mental institution." This, in turn, will provide a more well-rounded picture of a potential buyer's mental health for the background check to determine whether a purchase should be allowed.

The second executive action concerns privacy laws associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. States have complained that individual privacy protections have made it difficult for them to report relevant mental health information to their respective background check systems, which they fear could lead to guns falling into dangerous hands. The proposed change would allow states to relay "limited" tidbits of information that they feel should be included in background checks. The executive order stresses that it will not prevent everyone with mental health concerns from buying guns, and will not require buyers to report "routine mental health care."

Hot shower Taku
So Obamer is protecting us from mentals with handguns, Thats Great, so, now, well, ah, lets see, we have shotguns and ah, rifles and ah baseball bats and ah, ah, knives and ah ah ah cars and ah ah ah doctors and ah ahd aahaaahhahaafahhfdhdadsf :confused: Hows my f--king mental health OBAMA, COME SEE I need my pills.
Sorry, I'm just so fed up with all of it that I rant sometimes.

Hot shower Taku
So Obamer is protecting us from mentals with handguns, Thats Great, so, now, well, ah, lets see, we have shotguns and ah, rifles and ah baseball bats and ah, ah, knives and ah ah ah cars and ah ah ah doctors and ah ahd aahaaahhahaafahhfdhdadsf :confused: Hows my f--king mental health OBAMA, COME SEE I need my pills.

He has got to leave some room for more regulation for the next tyrant to protect the people from themselves.

Hot shower Taku

After being at that site I need one :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads