JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cats should be kept indoors. They kill way too many little things in the wild. They've about wiped out the quail and the little brush bunnies around here.

To shoot a living thing when it's not for survival or self defense is just wrong. What if I thought you were worthless and breathing my free air and I shot you Redcap? I couldn't harm or kill something without a reasonable cause..... just my opinion.

Glad thats just you opinion Biggie24420 cuz me love me some pest hunting! Dont care if its yotes, rats, or rock chucks or anything else of the sorts. If people value/care so much for there pet (cats mostly) keep it out of harms way and on your own property not on mine. Your cat on my property is no different then any other pest to me.

Glad thats just you opinion Biggie24420 cuz me love me some pest hunting! Dont care if its yotes, rats, or rock chucks or anything else of the sorts. If people value/care so much for there pet (cats mostly) keep it out of harms way and on your own property not on mine. Your cat on my property is no different then any other pest to me.
+1 Since little I hated cats. Cats know no boundaries. Back in the day when I did not live in the Continental 50 (different ordinances and legal environment), I bagged a few with my trusty 22 pellet rifle. Neighbors quickly learned if they cared for their kitty, they better lock 'em up.

They guy on the OP is only guilty of being a poor shot or being a wuz for not have the stomach to do the deed they way it should. Birdshot is no bean bag.

This is great for the gun crowd.
A bunch of red necks putting out there for the whole world to see,that if you animal,even that harmless cat,is on MY PROPERTY,imma kill da sum boetch.
Not because it's just passing through,just because I a stupid redneck and like killin' bubblegum

Great to have ya all aboard. I feel sooo much better about my self being in your company.

And now I'll take every post from you macho cat killers as pure BS from some stupid rednecks

This should go down as another point for gun controllers

Thanks boys.Glad your dad's weren't man enough to teach you right from wrong
Sorry,was he in prison? Too drunk?

That is some pretty harsh rhetoric there slim; you must be a kitty owner, multiple kitty owner? I understand, my wife has a couple of them. Cats that roam around the neighborhood are not "harmless" they are responsible for the majority of song bird losses in this country. You can't have a kid's sandbox anymore; gets full of cat feces. I end up with it on my hands, cloths and shoes trying to weed my flower beds. Then there are the ones that breed; the county had to come and collect around 30 of them from a house up the street where they lived in the crawl space. Trapping and relocating is the
answer because you cannot lawfully shoot in the city limits.
A bunch of red necks putting out there for the whole world to see,that if you animal,even that harmless cat,is on MY PROPERTY,imma kill da sum boetch.
Not because it's just passing through,just because I a stupid redneck and like killin' bubblegum

Great to have ya all aboard. I feel sooo much better about my self being in your company.

And now I'll take every post from you macho cat killers as pure BS from some stupid rednecks

Cats that roam around the neighborhood are not "harmless" they are responsible for the majority of song bird losses in this country.

Not just songbirds, they kill all the doves, quail, jays...you name it. They take it all down and wipe them out. Ravens will hit the nests and get the songbirds eggs and the cats scrape anything off the ground. Damn tough being a little bird these days. Of course, the cats get all the rodents too, at least, if our cat is any indication:) Hey fellas, if you see my cat wander over your way, give it at least one (2 would be proper too) warning shot first and let it book out of there. It's a smart cat. If it comes back to kill the birds on your property and it rankles your feathers, (this thing has been seen to have taken swallows right out of the air!) and the coyotes haven't nailed it yet, I'll understand and it's on it's own. Good with the bad I suppose. If you have a bunch of rodents, she'll be your best buddy and will work for free at all hours day and night. That's the good, and it's very good. Cat's don't have a very good sense of property lines though.

Alternatively, there are live traps and the humane society. Around here, coyotes seem to take most of them. Anyway, this http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html is a pretty good cat story too if anyone is interested. It's about Missy the cat.

I'm not one for shooting just to shoot but I have to disagree with you. Your cat jumps on the hood of my car scratching the fenders, quarter panels, hood, truck, etc. Who's going to pay to have my car repainted? You?

Sorry, I wasn't clear as to the vehicle I was referring to.....

mustang.JPG

Last Edited:
Nice 66, AMT. Mine's a 65.

The only reason my neighbor's cats are still alive is because I like my neighbors and their kids and I know that they cherish their cats. What I don't like is that they think my gravel drive way is their litter box. I also don't like the fact that they sit outside of my fence (and they are still on my property at that time) and wait for the little birds and the squirrels we feed.
If my dog did that I would be held liable, or at least in violation of the city's leash law.

If you love your cats and you live in the city, keep them in the house.

:confused::rolleyes:Yup, it's a doubletap doublefact, hunters are the worst! beating their wives and children
im not a peta fan but if i seen somebody shoot a cat i wouldn't have a problem putting you in jail for it.
ya gotta be pretty sick to shoot cats or dogs that are not a threat(pitbulls are ok to open fire on though)
i sure hope any of you who support shooting cats dont have children,its well known fact that people who hurt animals are child abusers and wife beaters too.

(pitbulls are ok to open fire on though)
i sure hope any of you who support shooting cats dont have children,its well known fact that people who hurt animals are child abusers and wife beaters too.

So you justify shooting one breed of dog, even if that dog poses no threat to you or anyone? I suppose it's how you define threat.

And, the second statement is taken a bit out of context. Many murderers, rapists and child molesters have a history of animal abuse. Not all of them do, and not all of the animal abusers continue this trend to people.

IM a hunter and find great pleasure in live trapping squirls and cats, I keep them in the trap for a day or two and give them a long ride. When I let them loose they go real fast, but sometimes they just stop and look totaly f-ing lost man is it funny. They are pests but I wount eat them so no need to kill them. I took some stray kittens to the humane society and got some stupid dumb *** who wanted my whole life story and penis size just to drop them off! I told them if they did not want them I had a gunny sack and a rock. Oh yes we will take them and I started walking out, not filling out any information and the person followed me out to my truck and took a picture of my license plate. So thats why I just drop them off near there now. The have camers in the parking lot and you are filmed.

Well, there is the human society and there is the country ...I don't know what they call it, animal control I think, it's out in Troutdale. They drive trucks around and round up stays or anything they can grab. They're pretty good folks really. But they'll keep an animal for a few days (a few extra if it has a license) and if the owner doesn't show they kill it in an execution chamber that sucks out all the air and the animal dies of hypoxia. I think thats pretty damn grim myself, even if it is necessary, but some here seem to think it's better than a .22. You can call them for a pick up if you have a nuisance.

BTW, on the letting the squirrels go thing up thread, please don't drop them off at or near a filbert orchard. Some people in the city think that's a good idea...but it's not.

Here, I looked it up. Animal Nuisances | MultCoPets.org No need to shoot, plus shooting in the city is illegal, just call (503) 988-7387.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top