JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had family members of suicides request guns be melted into puddles of unrecognizable goo. I've seen a couple Colt Pythons melted down. I've had another friend who carried the j-frame his sister killed herself with everyday. He once said that way he knew it would never be used for bad intentions again.

The emotions are wide ranging on this. Since the families gave up interest in them, I suppose I don't see an issue with them being sold. But honestly, I don't think I'd be a buyer if I knew it was a suicide gun.

Wow. I don't recall posting that guns kill people. Or anything about the soul going to a gun. Or mentioned milsurps. I really couldn't care less if a gun killed, didn't kill, or who it killed or how many. most of those stories are half BS anyway.
Not sure how you guys got all that out of my post.

LOL Brent, it's called Thread Drift, and the only way to prevent it is an absolute anal Topic Nazi mod.

"Give it a chance, you'll get used to it... or have a Psychotic Episode."
--Agent Zed

:D

Hopefully they wiped the blood off quickly

They don't. In fact they are not usually cleaned at all.

Back in the day when I worked the gun counter at Larry's occasionally we would have surviving family members of suicide victims bring in the firearms that were used. It seems that at least in that county the firearms were released as property to the family.

Understandably, the family wanted nothing to do with the guns and just wanted them gone. They were usually still in the evidence bag along with hair, dried blood, and other misc gore. The barrels always had a bunch of dried tissue inside that had to be soaked out.

I wouldn't want one after they had sat stewing in an evidence bag for a few weeks.

E

If you've ever seen anyone who failed at suicide, particularly shooting themselves in the head, it's really something.

I met a guy in Idaho who had. One of a hundred memories I don't need. :cool:

LOL Brent, it's called Thread Drift, and the only way to prevent it is an absolute anal Topic Nazi mod.

"Give it a chance, you'll get used to it... or have a Psychotic Episode."
--Agent Zed

:D
Did you say Nazi? Hitler supposedly committed suicide with a Walther PPK! Or was it a cyanide capsule?
I digress, Does that gun still exist if it.....................................

Example of how thread drift starts^^^^:rolleyes:

On the one hand, I am glad that a public agency is auctioning off serviceable firearms rather than destroying them.

On the other hand, there is no way in hell I would ever knowingly buy a gun that someone used to commit suicide with. It would give a big time case of the heebee jeebies. Not saying its logical or rational, but its how I feel. Oddly enough, I would have no such qualms about buying a military surplus rifle that had been used in war to kill an enemy soldier. I have no logical explanation for the inconsistency of these feelings.

I'd say the coroners office and county should not be profiting off of the sales of firearms from suicides. Do they auction off expensive watches that these dead people come in with as well? Someone blowing their head off is humanity at its lowest point, a terminal illness or someone who feels they cannot continue for whatever reason. I would not want any of that karma/joo joo/whatever you want to call it around my home.

It wouldn't bother me to purchase a gun that had been used in a suicide.
But if that exact same gun had been used in several other suicides . . . yeah, I might have to pass. :eek:

Kind of a Hope Diamond version of a handgun? You could make a cheap horror movie about that.

Sort of like this....

Eddie_Thacker.jpg

If you've ever seen anyone who failed at suicide, particularly shooting themselves in the head, it's really something.

I met a guy in Idaho who had. One of a hundred memories I don't need. :cool:

I met a guy in Idaho who had stuck a SKS in his mouth and managed to blow off most of one side of his face. He ended up with a hole where one of his eyes/cheek was. The thing I remember most about his deal was he was sent to jail for it, attempting suicide is a crime. I think he spent close to a year in jail for his troubles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top