JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If any of you feel like helping out a struggling member who is resorting to selling guns on here to try and make ends meet.

I'm seeing if he will be okay with sharing his PayPal account privately with folks via PM so we can ensure he has money to pay for food this Christmas and not have to sell any of his guns to make that happen!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Reno

If any of you feel like helping out a struggling member who is resorting to selling guns on here to try and make ends meet.

I'm seeing if he will be okay with sharing his PayPal account privately with folks via PM so we can ensure he has money to pay for food this Christmas and not have to sell any of his guns to make that happen!

Reno
I'm not rich, but I got some I could spare. PM me the details if it is decided we can make something work. I've sold things I loved before to make ends meet and it sucks. If I can help someone avoid going through the same, I'm game.

Reno
I can also help some with this.

Thought I had posted this, but search does not find it. Dr. John Campbell is pretty much the reasonable Corona Central on YouTube. He gives IMO the best advice and updates on research and vaccine. But, even more importantly, how to prevent contracting the virus in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

I have a family member who is a food nutritionist by degree. She got me on the D3 and K2 when this whole thing started. Also magnesium/calcium/zinc citrate (Costco brand is good). Then I wash it down with tonic water.
So far, so good. Of course, being ugly enough for even a virus not to love helps. .. :rolleyes:

I have a family member who is a food nutritionist by degree. She got me on the D3 and K2 when this whole thing started. Also magnesium/calcium/zinc citrate (Costco brand is good). Then I wash it down with tonic water.
So far, so good. Of course, being ugly enough for even a virus not to love helps. .. :rolleyes:
Heard cigar smoke prevents the virus. :s0155: Although a little strong for me, am thinking of a nice Meerschaum. My uncle died in 1966, but the aroma of his pipe remains in my memory.

Heard cigar smoke prevents the virus. :s0155: Although a little strong for me, am thinking of a nice Meerschaum. My uncle died in 1966, but the aroma of his pipe remains in my memory.
My family doctor liked to smoke cigars. He would be smoking when we went to see him. I was pretty small back then but I remember the ashtray in his office with a cigar in it. There's a lot to be said about cigar smoke. When doctors used to smoke in hospitals, they claimed that the smoke would take down any germs floating around. I'm old enough to remember seeing a doctor walking down a hospital hallway with a haze of smoke trailing behind him.
Of course, this is just waxing nostalgic. That being said, I know some will patently reject what I have said. Oh well. :s0033:

Got that covered, back in the day a nice carved Meerschaum loaded with a Milk and Honey blend, was blended by The Pipe Den, back east... Very fond memories indeed...

This is the Meerschaum pipe I mentioned, it's about 41 years old, purchased it as a young man, for the handsome sum of $125

71CAF765-E02A-4E64-B2E6-388C0705EC19.jpeg
DF7BD026-5DC1-47B7-9E9C-810002E6EC68.jpeg

This is the Meerschaum pipe I mentioned, it's about 41 years old, purchased it as a young man, for the handsome sum of $125

View attachment 837522
View attachment 837521
WOW!

I'm just a plane jane Brier smoker, I do prefer a good Eric Nording or a Peterson Brier, and the classic old school Cherrie blend like my Grand Dad smoked!
The Wife really loves the smell of the Truffle blend I normally smoke, but for a winter evening by the fire, nothing better then a single malt, a pipe full, and dogs curled up on my feet, Yea, Man! :D

View attachment 837522
View attachment 837521

This ^ reminds me. I have a very similar Meerschaum pipe in the same hinged case that I musta' bought around 1975 not too long after I started smoking weed. I barely used it. Sheesh, looking at prices now, I think they might be about the same price as I "Splurged" back in 1975!

These are two of the four I bought as a young lad in the Army. Somehow "Guaranteed Europe" in my contract still meant Western Istanbul Turkey. The one on the left was the most expensive. Eyup Sabri was somewhat of a famous carver. It was polished with whale oil and beeswax and has a water buffalo stem. The eagle claw is nice quality but has a plastic stem. I bought them in 1988.
meerschaum.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews