JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Here is another one, prolly better for our senior and shut in/medically at risk folks!

And this!

I've been working on the West side and in Vancouver today, only been home for an hour now....
No worries I think another member that is closer is on it. Hope all is well!

Sorry to hear that. Aside for a couple months I have had steady employment since 1990, got layed off for 2 weeks starting today.only one day into it and I am going stir crazy, on top of that a lockdown

Longest job I ever had - about 45 days short of 9 years. I had hoped to make it to an even 10 years. I should have never said I was planning on retiring in the next year or two. Probably would have happened anyway. A number of people got the bad news today, I heard that other people got bad news earlier in the week or even last week. I got the feeling that it was an across the board kind of cut - where every department/team/etc. was asked to make sacrifices.

This was probably already mentioned but just in case, many stores like Safeway, Fred Meyer, and even amazon fresh offer delivery to home for groceries. Costs more but no trips to grocery store needed. May not apply in all areas but may be worth checking out.

Completely not COVID related, except that mine is lookin' ugly/maxed-out and I could use another set (and they're sold out everywhere)...

I use a GVS Eclipse P100 NIOSH Respirator (http://www.gvs.com/product-family/223/1035/) for my woodworking. If you happen to have a set of the filters for it, I'll pay you retail + shipping. My wife has me catching up on projects and I've got some power sanding to do...

If you'd rather keep it for COVID, please do. My hobby shouldn't get priority over anyone's safety or precaution.

@Reno - it's been 15 days since we yanked my daughter out of school and 11 days since they sent us an email saying a teacher tested positive. I'm thinking we're good to go here. Please remove me from self-quarantine. I'm no more a risk/at-risk than anyone else at this point. Thank you sir!

This was probably already mentioned but just in case, many stores like Safeway, Fred Meyer, and even amazon fresh offer delivery to home for groceries. Costs more but no trips to grocery store needed. May not apply in all areas but may be worth checking out.

Unfortunately, my employer switched insurance this year and it does not cover deliveries of my meds like previous insurance does (doesn't cost more, they just chose to not have a contract with Walgreens delivery). So now I have to drive 15 miles into town whenever I need to pickup meds. They also won't pay for a 90 day supply of any meds, so I need to do that several times a month (each med has a different refill date and Walgreens will only hold a fill for a few days).

Unfortunately, my employer switched insurance this year and it does not cover deliveries of my meds like previous insurance does (doesn't cost more, they just chose to not have a contract with Walgreens delivery). So now I have to drive 15 miles into town whenever I need to pickup meds. They also won't pay for a 90 day supply of any meds, so I need to do that several times a month (each med has a different refill date and Walgreens will only hold a fill for a few days).
Maybe switch from Walgreens to a pharmacy that is covered for delivery? Express scripts etc are mail order types plus other local pharmacies can deliver. Worth checking perhaps. Maybe try Ohsu mail order pharmacy they r extremely flexible and free delivery.

Maybe switch from Walgreens to a pharmacy that is covered for delivery? Express scripts etc are mail order types plus other local pharmacies can deliver. Worth checking perhaps. Maybe try Ohsu mail order pharmacy they r extremely flexible and free delivery.

My insurance expires after today - I was laid off last week. So it no longer matters.

I went in Sunday to get 3 meds so insurance would pay for them, and the last med today. I have about 6 months of one med, and after today I should have roughly two months of the other 3.

Now I will apply for Medicare (including part D)/SSI/etc. and see what options they give me. I would like to go with Amazon - Walgreens' website sucks. Amazon delivers and meds are individually packaged and time dated so I don't forget whether I took my meds or not (I take 3 in the morning and one before bed).

1585677055308.jpeg

Any low voltage/security/voice and data techs in Portland area with current Oregon LEA license looking for work my employer is hiring.

Any IT techs in Portland area with experience in programming IP cameras and access control systems looking for work my employer is hiring.

PM me if interested

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR