JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That toney neighborhood for winos. :D

I'm about as far North in the Willamette Valley as you can get. We don't see that many wino's, seems meth heads are more prevalent. But then, wino's sleep a lot more, so maybe they aren't as visible?

Anyone that needs isopropyl alcohol fir medical reasons let me know. I'm sitting on a bunch.

I'm not sure what we'd use the alcohol for, unless one of us get the crud. I have Denatured alcohol though, and almost a full quart. I'd got it for gentle cleaning of old hard linseed oil from old rifles. That's a good thing to know!

I'm not sure what we'd use the alcohol for, unless one of us get the crud. I have Denatured alcohol though, and almost a full quart. I'd got it for gentle cleaning of old hard linseed oil from old rifles. That's a good thing to know!
i have some (real)moonshine i plan on drinking and or making hand sanitizer out of it. my guess is this stuff is between 170-180 proof LOL

Count me in for the South Central Oregon area.

Got a big shop, all manner of tools and equipment, no need for outside services and a quiet location! All I ask is bring some beer!

Oh, and a great shooting location nearby - where I will be tomorrow!

Last Edited:
I may be the only member out my way, Walla Walla (well there are a few in the Tri-Cities), and I'm not sure what I could do, but if there's a need out this way, let me know, I might be able to help.

Denatured alcohol "should" be still available at Home Depot, Lowe's, Paint stores, maybe Bi-Mart etc.

Normally more expensive than isopropyl alcohol, however if someone has a NEED for this type of disinfectant, the price and risk associated with looking for it in stores COULD prove worthwhile.

Folks whom don't have a NEED for such ATM, should just leave it be and go with whichever suitable alternatives you have at home. Wash hands with soap & water, use a rag and whatever normal cleaners on hard surfaces you normally do.

Similar to isopropyl alcohol, 70% is better as a disinfectant over higher concentrations.

So, simply put, cut the denatured alcohol with water appropriately. 30% ish water, 70% ish denatured. 1 cup water, 2 cups denatured. Etc, or any similar method to get there.

Don't use denatured alcohol on anything that a human is going to come into contact with afterwards. I.E., food containers, food prep surfaces, etc. and don't wash your hands with it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on spray bottles that will handle strong cleaning solutions and keep spraying?

Mine (a spray bottle that was bought with cleaner in it) has given up the ghost. I am searching Amazon but can't find any that seem to have consistent HD sprayers. The bottles themselves hold up, but the sprayer unit is what seems to have inconsistent reliability.

Does anybody have any suggestions on spray bottles that will handle strong cleaning solutions and keep spraying?

Mine (a spray bottle that was bought with cleaner in it) has given up the ghost. I am searching Amazon but can't find any that seem to have consistent HD sprayers. The bottles themselves hold up, but the sprayer unit is what seems to have inconsistent reliability.
Find one labeled "chemical resistant". I looked on Amazon, but they are all pretty much sold out.

I have a couple you're welcome to have. My Lanolin one has had 98%alcohol and 2% Lanolin in it for >5 years and it's still holding up fine.
Should be headed W out HWY 26 today, can meet you somewheres....

I still have free firewood logs - part fir, part hardwood. Some of it is right by my paved private road - the rest is down a dirt road that would need a 4x4 (and may be too muddy to traverse on any given day - might be dry enough today - I have not been down there in months). You cut/haul. I can use my one ton truck to pull the logs out of the stack. Some of it is getting old, but still worth burning.

Halfway between Scholls and Newberg on Chehalem ridge/mountain.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top