JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm going along with both rounds one and probable upcoming Round Two of the Coronavirus checks from the Feds. I do NOT support giving the unemployed an additional six hundred bucks a week. That's ridiculous.

As of today, nearly 39 million Americans have filed, or are ON unemployment. The approximate total work force in America is 165 million people. You do the math. Most people think that the Great Depression began in late October, 1929 with the stock market collapse. But the truth is no one really noticed much difference to anything (except rich people and stockholders) for a few months. It wasn't until late spring of 1930 when plants really began closing and layoffs went crazy. We reached bottom in May 1931.

At that time, about 30% of people were out of work, with a slightly lower rate in cities. In some rural areas, it was hitting about 50%. We are not very far from some of those numbers now.

The REAL question is whether or not companies will put people back to work in huge numbers AFTER the lockdowns end, or if they will even be able to do so. Small biz accounts for 47% of employment in the USA, and many of them have already gone under, with many more hanging on by a thread. (< 500 employees) Some larger corporations have already filed for bankruptcy. If they can't get a handle on things post-lockdown, things are going to get very bad. How bad? We just hope it doesn't end up like the video below, which is a scene from the movie, The Grapes of Wrath. One thing about this picture is that no matter how bad off you think YOU are, other people are worse off than you. Like the Joads.

[/Q
A freind gets a extra 600 a week , I dont understand why ,

Heads up—the wife got notification from HR that someone has applied for unemployment using her info. She wouldn't have applied for it, as we're doing ok. Apparently, that's the scam. They're targeting high-earners who they assume wouldn't apply for it. HR said 4 others in the organization have been hit as well.
[/QUOTE

Last Edited:
Thank goodness for Experts:

Thank goodness for Experts:

I call baloney on this study, I haven't caught the bug yet:)

An article in Forbes magazine: The COVID-19 Pandemic Exposes The Harm Of Denying Scientific Facts, by Dr. Ethan Siegel, Ph.d. (Sad that when this piece was written in April, the death toll in this country was less than half than it is now. :()

Facts are a fickle thing.

What are the facts in COVID ?
- Masks Work, or Do Not Work?
- How Does it pass - Airborne or just droplets?
- How long does it last on surfaces?
etc. etc. etc.

In most medical related issues, we have best known treatment, prevention. But Facts should be un-changing. Water boils at 100 degrees given Standard Temperature and Pressure.

Best practice don't smoke. But you can't say for 100% certainty that if you do smoke you will die from it, much less get cancer or emphysema.

Facts are a fickle thing.

What are the facts in COVID ?
- Masks Work, or Do Not Work?
- How Does it pass - Airborne or just droplets?
- How long does it last on surfaces?
etc. etc. etc.

In most medical related issues, we have best known treatment, prevention. But Facts should be un-changing. Water boils at 100 degrees given Standard Temperature and Pressure.

Best practice don't smoke. But you can't say for 100% certainty that if you do smoke you will die from it, much less get cancer or emphysema.
We won't know until it's over or maybe ever?

Collection of links:
(I have not read all of these, yet)

The Price Of A Lockdown: Economic "Free Fall" In California

The COVID-19 shutdown will cost Americans millions of years of life

MASK AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO

The big debate: is lockdown wrong? Matt Labash and Toby Young debate the biggest question of the moment

One Size Does Not Fit the Virus. The Attempt to Protect Everyone Left the Most Vulnerable Nakedly Exposed

MSM reporting of US COVID-19 mortality rate: An exercise in 'How to Lie with Statistics'

From COVID-19 Is Also a Reallocation Shock

CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%

Former Israeli Health Minister: The COVID-19 Response Has Been "Monstrous Hysteria" Reaching to the Irrational

Dr. Fauci NOW SAYS Staying Closed Too Long Could Cause "Irreparable Damage" — AFTER USING JUNK MODEL TO DESTROY ECONOMY!

Minnesota: CORONAVIRUS IN ONE STATE

( The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation ) REVISITING THE IHME MODEL: STILL USELESS?

F69636D0-1C82-4573-A10B-1AE6A01ED150.png

Some people (head shake side to side)......

"If you are a woman or man and was born in other country, return, go back to your land immediately, fast, with urgency," the note said. It ended with "One American, white, brave, that serves the Nation or USA is going to live here."

Bay Area woman accused of posting notes on homes targeting Asian Americans

Rrrrright.......
thats-racist.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
More Experts:

Experts are not infallible -- we're all human.

And sometimes, it's good that the experts are wrong.

Last time I checked, water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. You live in America, right? We don't use that Celsius/centigrade temperature scale here. ;):p:D

The "fact" is that facts change. A few years ago, we had 9 planets in the solar system. Now we only have 8. Going back 100's of years ago, it used to be a fact that the Earth was the center of the solar system and the sun revolved around it. Now we know it's not true.

It also used to be a fact that humoral imbalances were the cause of disease. Now, hundreds of years later, we know bacteria, viruses, etc. cause disease.

It used to be a fact that man couldn't fly. Now, not only can we fly, we are going to send another group into space this weekend.

etc etc etc.

Extremely damning report by the military regarding several long-term care homes in Ontario.
- Cockroach infestations
- Patients cry for help, staff don't respond
- Residents not bathed for weeks
- Residents forcefully fed
- Covid patients allowed to wander

EY9fJRVWAAEoJap?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg EY9fJRbWsAYaiIr?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg EY9fJRyWAAAbuYp?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews