JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
LOL! Yah, let's do that ...

"Idiotic and incompetent" sums up so much of the government. Oregon's, however, is the pure crack cocaine of governmental idiocy. All headed by this disingenuous piece of fecal matter:

View attachment 681191

She will most likely be reelected. Because nothing succeeds like failure in the Beaver State.

Haha. Well, you can't argue with the facts.

Yup. The Mrs texted me earlier today that she's working from home the rest of the school year.
Is she up for re-election? Ugg!

This is something that I hadn't considered and thought I'd just bring it up fyi. My wife says there was a post to my hometown's facebook page from a local nursing home saying that because of the shelter in place deal, the residents of this home were not receiving any visitors (obviously) and were pretty down about that.

The home was requesting that people write letters to the nursing home residents so that they would have some contact/interaction with the outside world. This particular home is asking for generic letters and I guess they disperse them among the residents.

Anyway, maybe you have family or friends in an adult care facility, or there are such facilities in your community and they are under a similar situation.
My mom and aunt are in an assisted living home. I take em pizza or Wendy's once a week and call ma twice a day. I'll take em some Easter lilys Friday.

I think contact tracing is not realistic anymore with # of cases and workload (not basing on personal experience though, so a front line doctor or nurse could say I'm wrong). But at least they should make an effort like tell ur friend and wife to contact everyone he has been in contact with. But what is unforgivable to me is lack of testing. I think that is total BS. Why do we have tests if they aren't going to use them? That is crap and a disservice to everyone involved.

At some point contact tracing becomes too burdensome to be effective -- that's when a public alert along the lines of "have you been in contact with this person between DATE and DATE" is necessary. Yeah I get medical privacy and all that, but we're talking about trying to contain a wildly contagious disease and prevent a massive number of deaths.

US Manufacturing gets another kick in the butt:

While we're short on things to do tests, apparently we're also short on the swabs themselves...and since one of their main manufacturers is in Italy, that supply chain is disrupted.

Vox, can't help but to spin the blame on Trump when the truth is, it needs to be looking at Bill Clinton (and itself) and this globalization open borders fetish. bubblegum Vox. Any critical supply for America needs to be Made in the USA.

It turns out the chemical reagents these tests depend on are in short supply, as are the plastic vials patients' samples are transported in and the swabs used during the testing process. (One of the primary manufacturers of these swabs is in Italy's hot zone.)

Many suppliers had even less of this critical equipment when the pandemic broke than they normally do because of Trump's trade war with China. Politico reports that CDC Director Robert Redfield says he doesn't know what the agency would do if RNA extraction kits and reagents become unavailable.

Keep those radiation emitting things off your laps and far away from your body. Wifi, Wifi beacon signals, 5G millimeter waves... it's weaponry. Look into it.

WiFi and other microwave sources if sufficiently amplified (and you are close enough), can do damage -- one of the things I learned about in my cantenna days. Think about it this way, a heated piece of steel can do damage by causing burns if it is hot enough -- hold on to a piece of metal that's 500 degrees, yeah, you're gonna get burned. Same piece of steel but instead of holding it you're pointing at it from 10' away -- nothing happens to you. Or maybe you hold on to a piece of steel heated to 96 degrees, you could basically hold on to that thing till you die and nothing will happen. Power matters.

I'm still watching the supply chain. If the workers who are supplying stuff to us (gasoline, groceries, toilet paper, etc) get sick or otherwise shut down, we are all in a world of hurt.

I was able to buy gasoline yesterday - so that's still available. At BiMart and Roth's, the shelves are starting to have gaps on them. Not just toilet paper and dry goods like rice and beans - canned goods are gone from some shelves.

I thought BiMart had gotten a shipment of ammunition when I first looked - but no, they had simply spread out a lot of boxes of shotgun shells, to fill up the empty gaps.

Here's the sign posted at BiMart in Monmouth.

View attachment 681140

View attachment 681142
The ammo counter in Molalla was stocked nicely, but nothing deep on the shelves. I went in there looking for some Best Foods mayo and it and all the ketchup were cleared off the shelves... though they had plenty of "Miracle Whip" left still...... Go figure. :cool:

I'm going to feel real stupid if it turns out that all the "It's no worse than the flu" people turn out to be right on this one.

Going to feel stupid and very very much relieved.

Let's all hope we were wrong. We should know in a couple of weeks, a month at most.
Why would you feel stupid? It will mean the social distancing worked, that's all.

If your default is to count only covid-19 when there may acutally be another cause, then can we yet trust this data?

Yesterday, Dr. Deborah Birx finally let the secret out during the daily press conference in response to a reporter's question. "I think in this country, we've taken a very liberal approach to mortality," said Dr. Birx, who along with Dr. Anthony Fauci has become the face of this push for a national lockdown.

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem. Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death."

"The intent is if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death," concluded Birx.

Apparently the severity depends on the "dose" of the virus you get. If you just get a little shumtz on your cheek, then you can overcome it with minor symptoms. If you inhale it deeply in the lungs or get a large amount in your sinuses then it can put you in the ICU.

Truth be told, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has already indicated that COVID-19 deaths are not being recorded based on definitive confirmation that the virus caused death in a given decedent. "In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely, it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as 'probable' or 'presumed'," the CDC advises in its April guidance for recording COVID-19 deaths. "In these instances, certifiers should use their best clinical judgment in determining if a COVID–19 infection was likely."

Forgive the spelling error
1586402609943.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR