JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Apparently corona virus is less shielded and more "hit and run" going from person to person, vs a virus like HIV that has more shielding and hangs around in one person longer cuz it's harder for immune system to fight.

Scientists are questioning all the attention to ventilators
( AS THEY SHOULD - scientists not doctors performing treatment )

The Headline says Doctors --

"... some doctors are raising questions about how ventilators are currently being used on coronavirus patients — and whether they may actually be doing more harm than good. Early reporting on coronavirus deaths from China, Italy and the U.S. show that more than half — and as many as two-thirds — of COVID-19 patients who are placed on ventilators don't survive.

"What we're doing now is not working, and I think making the same mistake over and over is a sign of stupidity," Dr. Paul Marik told Yahoo News. "If it's not working, we've got to look for something else." "

"Marik's theory is based on an idea that is becoming widespread among researchers: that the cause of death for a significant number of COVID-19 patients, especially younger ones, is severe inflammation of the lungs resulting from an overly vigorous immune-system response. By administering anti-inflammatory drugs early and regularly after a patient is admitted to the emergency room, Marik believes he can prevent this complication, known as a "cytokine storm." "

Be sure to follow the link to learn what is being shared. Hint: Fever. Indicative of "flu-like" symptoms.

Check the Health Weather in Your Zip Code

Static image
aaweathermap.jpg

in cooperation with:

OSU-logo.6057f4b4.png

as many as two-thirds — of COVID-19 patients who are placed on ventilators don't survive.

Cause and correlation.

How many more would die if they didn't get a ventilator. You have to be seriously ill to be on a ventilator. It is quite probable that those who are so ill would die whether they are on a ventilator or not, and also probable that some who don't die, would die if they were not on a ventilator. That doesn't mean that ventilators don't help. I say leave it up to the doctor treating the patient.

Cause and correlation.

How many more would die if they didn't get a ventilator. You have to be seriously ill to be on a ventilator. It is quite probable that those who are so ill would die whether they are on a ventilator or not, and also probable that some who don't die, would die if they were not on a ventilator. That doesn't mean that ventilators don't help. I say leave it up to the doctor treating the patient.

I think the point the doctor was making in the article was that we should be treating with anti inflamatory drugs, especially in those with a strong immune system, long before they get serious enough to have to go on a vent.

Which would hopefully prevent more people from ending up on one, and thus having a better prognosis.

Last Edited:
I'm still watching the supply chain. If the workers who are supplying stuff to us (gasoline, groceries, toilet paper, etc) get sick or otherwise shut down, we are all in a world of hurt.

I was able to buy gasoline yesterday - so that's still available. At BiMart and Roth's, the shelves are starting to have gaps on them. Not just toilet paper and dry goods like rice and beans - canned goods are gone from some shelves.

I thought BiMart had gotten a shipment of ammunition when I first looked - but no, they had simply spread out a lot of boxes of shotgun shells, to fill up the empty gaps.

Here's the sign posted at BiMart in Monmouth.

1526C2E7-733A-4E17-BF39-2C77051B46B4.jpeg

DB387F03-A5E3-41E9-8DDE-8CF0745D7CE8.jpeg

my search had gotting the LATimes story, and then Revolutionary war history.

This looks to be the LA Times, but at Yahoo

Hospitals say feds are seizing masks and other coronavirus supplies without a word

I see a lot of "Say ... "

Not saying the Fed is not doing this. I am saying there is not much evidence in these stories.

"Are they stockpiling this stuff? Are they distributing it? We don't know,"

"Hospital and clinic officials in seven states described the seizures in interviews over the past week. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is not publicly reporting the acquisitions, despite the outlay of millions of dollars of taxpayer money, nor has the administration detailed how it decides which supplies to seize and where to reroute them."

"Officials who've had materials seized also say they've received no guidance from the government about how or if they will get access to the supplies they ordered. " -- it appears more like Orders are being re-routed - no one is saying supplies are being taken out of hospital system stores.

Remember? How I posted that my friend went to the hospital here in Vancouver, WA and tried to get a coronavirus test? But was essentially told that if he wasn't admitted....NO TEST for him?

Well, he didn't get admitted and decided to go home.

Since then, he has gotten better. But, his wife (the airline stewardess) is now sick and also feeling really bad. So, being that he has gotten better, he is caring for her. BTW, she also took the furlough from the airline that she works for.

Then recently.......
He happened to be looking on FB and discovered that three gentlemen that he met (and shook hands with) at a ___(insert organization name here)____ meeting here in Vancouver have passed away from the Wuhan Virus. All three passed away within a few days of each other. And, the timeline was within a couple of days of when he had gotten sick. And, his wife had also been at that meeting. Hummm?

So then......
What angers me NOW......is that the WA State Health Dept. never did contact tracing.

Think about that folks.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Remember? How I posted that my friend went to the hospital here in Vancouver, WA and tried to get a coronavirus test? But was essentially told that if he wasn't admitted....NO TEST for him?

Well, he didn't get admitted and decided to go home.

Since then, he has gotten better. But, his wife (the airline stewardess) is now sick and also feeling really bad. So, being that he has gotten better, he is caring for her. She also took the furlough from the airline that she works for.

Then recently.......
He happened to be looking on FB and discovered that three gentlemen that he met at a _______ meeting here in Vancouver have passed away from the Wuhan Virus. The timeline was within a couple of days of when he had gotten sick. Hummm?

So then......
What angers me NOW......is that the WA State Health Dept. never did contact tracing.

Think about that folks.

Aloha, Mark
I think contact tracing is not realistic anymore with # of cases and workload (not basing on personal experience though, so a front line doctor or nurse could say I'm wrong). But at least they should make an effort like tell ur friend and wife to contact everyone he has been in contact with. But what is unforgivable to me is lack of testing. I think that is total BS. Why do we have tests if they aren't going to use them? That is crap and a disservice to everyone involved.

Last Edited:
Interesting because that is the difference between 1st wave of Spanish flu in 1918 and second wave. 1st wave killed elderly and not that many deaths. It didn't produce that cytokine storm.

Second wave produced that same cytokine storm and it wiped out out healthy young to middle aged adults but not so much elderly or little kids. 20-50 million killed worldwide from Spanish flu that year and by far the most was from that second wave.

some wiki excerpts on Spanish flu FYI:
CB00167D-3E50-499D-88BD-BB98C40659BA.jpeg
052D5BF9-3D88-486A-B2BE-60DD7AB55B1B.jpeg
A4510B0B-22CA-4EA0-A9C7-573CF52AECBC.jpeg
That video on post #1 does a good job of showing how body's mmune system creates that cytokine storm.

Last Edited:
OK America, we need to all come together and do the right thing, which obviously is this:
Shkreli's plea from prison: Free me and I'll cure COVID-19 – Ars Technica

Besides the fact that the offer to help comes from SHKRELI. Look him up if you forgot. I found that sick and funny at the same time.

Why?

Remdesivir

Coronavirus: The global race to patent a remedy

Rrrrright.....What if....
CHINA/CCP gave the world the gift of Wuhan Virus and holds the patent to the potential cure?

So then.....
Even if the CHINESE/CCP/GILEAD doesn't price gouge the world (assuming that it works). The CCP will look good to us (Capitalist Pigs of the world) for being so benevolent.

Rrrright...... Thank you CCP???

In case you forgot (this is just one). Note the "family connections" and "investment" into remdesivir.
The short course starts at 36:12

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Apparently LYING is now called "being too open with the information until we really verified it and knew about it ".:mad:
Idiotic and incompetent OR state government. No other way to put it unfortunately. "Let's just sit on the tests we have" and "blame the federal government" has kind of been their mantras from day one it seems.

Idiotic and incompetent OR state government. No other way to put it unfortunately. "Let's just sit on the tests we have" and "blame the federal government" has kind of been their mantras from day one it seems.
With all the ineptitude of our state leaders, it's a wonder to me how we have avoided a catastrophe with this so far.

At least the dice just keep rolling in our favor, for now.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top