JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Supplies are still messed up , was at costco today and alot of stuff normally available was MIA it looked like there were no special smoking deals ,some prices looked to increase. They were taking cleaning cautions much more seriously wiping counter between every customer with the plexiglass shields up the food counter for pizza ect was .only limited items and they were gloved and masked up with the condiments and soda cups behind the glass and handed out by the attendant.its a good thing but a PITA . Every time i go I buy food ,Im not really in need of . But not a ridicules amount . If I pick a few spare bucks i buy food and fill the tank if I need it or not.Here in the USA its easy to take things for granted untill now .
Are contanimated gloves touching your food , credit cards?

Uh.... I really doubt the hundreds of thousands of people admitted to the hospital for low blood O2 levels due to covid-19, and the thousands in ICU on vents are there because they are just panicking from the media.
:rolleyes:

Kind of missing half my point. I doubt hundreds of thousands of people would have been able to identify low blood O2 levels in January (edit: without going to the dr and being tested) ... when they assumed they have the flu.

Maybe they needed to go to the hospital then and didn't. Maybe some are going now that don't need to.

Kind of missing half my point. I doubt hundreds of thousands of people would have been able to identify low blood O2 levels in January (edit: without going to the dr and being tested) ... when they assumed they have the flu.

Maybe they needed to go to the hospital then and didn't. Maybe some are going now that don't need to.
No, I completely understood your point, It's ridiculous to think the hospitals in large outbreak areas are mostly full of hypochondriacs that are only there because of media panic, and your 2nd explanation isn't any better.

But I'm not going to go back and forth about it. You do you, I'll do me, hope your family keeps healthy and happy. Have a good night.

No, I completely understood your point, It's ridiculous to think the hospitals in large outbreak areas are mostly full of hypochondriacs that are only there because of media panic, and your 2nd explanation isn't any better.

But I'm not going to go back and forth about it. You do you, I'll do me, hope your family keeps healthy and happy. Have a good night.

I was initially responding to your assertion that hospitals would have had high volumes of patients earlier. It's not ridiculous to think it possible that people would intentionally NOT go to the hospital if they thought it was simply the flu. That would be the opposite of a hypochondriac... whatever term that might be. If they didn't think their life may be in danger, why seek help?

That can be true, and what could also be true is that since we've learned about corona that non-hypochondriacs get sick and decide they DO need to go to get help.

People are panic buying guns, and toilet paper. They are cutting trees down to block people in their homes, calling police to snitch on people who violate a stay home order. Wearing masks everywhere they go, publicly shaming others even for clearing their throat in public. These are things that in January they didn't do ... until learning about this illness. It's not unreasonable to also think that people who wouldn't normally go to the hospital are now doing so but didn't in January.

Thanks for the well wishes. We can still be internet friends :)
I hope the same for you.

I was initially responding to your assertion that hospitals would have had high volumes of patients earlier. It's not ridiculous to think it possible that people would intentionally NOT go to the hospital if they thought it was simply the flu. That would be the opposite of a hypochondriac... whatever term that might be. If they didn't think their life may be in danger, why seek help?

That can be true, and what could also be true is that since we've learned about corona that non-hypochondriacs get sick and decide they DO need to go to get help.

People are panic buying guns, and toilet paper. They are cutting trees down to block people in their homes, calling police to snitch on people who violate a stay home order. Wearing masks everywhere they go, publicly shaming others even for clearing their throat in public. These are things that in January they didn't do ... until learning about this illness. It's not unreasonable to also think that people who wouldn't normally go to the hospital are now doing so but didn't in January.

Thanks for the well wishes. We can still be internet friends :)
I hope the same for you.
If they don't need the care, they don't get admitted, no matter how sick they think they are.

Thousands of currently ADMITTED patients that weren't there just a few weeks ago tell me that they would've been there a long time ago had this started here in December, January, etc like the original article I commented on hypothesized.

If they don't need the care, they don't get admitted, no matter how sick they think they are.

Thousands of currently ADMITTED patients that weren't there just a few weeks ago tell me that they would've been there a long time ago had this started here in December, January, etc like the original article I commented on hypothesized.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you are saying that there is 0% possibility somebody could have been sick in December or January and decided to not go to the hospital?

There is zero chance that people could have had the virus and decided against getting help. Every single person who could have had it would absolutely positively have gone to the hospital.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you are saying that there is 0% possibility somebody could have been sick in December or January and decided to not go to the hospital?

There is zero chance that people could have had the virus and decided against getting help. Every single person who could have had it would absolutely positively have gone to the hospital.
Nope, your not understanding me correctly.

Good Lord, let me make this simpler, and this is the last reply I'm making about this... I'm not going to break the 300 page mark going back and forth. Please, go back and reread my posts if you don't understand them.

I'm saying even though the article seems to want to make the case that it was here earlier (because the doc got sick from something they couldn't diagnose, then later shows antibodies to Sars-cov-2), I dont think it's a slam dunk case just because he now months later shows antibodies to CV-19.

Because there are so many asymptomatic cases, he very well could've later had an asymptomatic case after recovering from his "mystery flu", which is where he is getting the antibodies from, not the mystery flu.

Secondly, yes, another reason I lean toward thinking it wasn't here much earlier is because the current massive spike in cases that is only weeks old would've occurred much sooner, and we would've found the novel virus ourselves after investigating a gigantic case load of a mystery virus patients filling hospitals, ICUs, Morgues, refrigerated tractor trailers, etc.

My reasoning for this has nothing to do with media hype panicking people. If panicked people go to the hospital they won't get care unless they need it.
The NY hospitals aren't full of panicked people who only have a cold, they have a serious case of CV-19, and just a few weeks ago there were very few or none there. That shows how quickly this spreads, which means it wasn't here in December IMO.

YMMV.

It seems that the most visible thing being created by this virus is that it's causing..
…. the population to become delusional, insensitive, ignorant morons with no grasp of reality
while thinking they are the only ones fully self-aware, sensitive, educated geniuses with a firm grasp of reality.

Edited to add
Nope wp4...definitely t'aint directed at you;
Aimed at nobody in particular and everyone in general.
I'm tired of the general disrespect and animus becoming viral

Last Edited:
Um, I think that's been going on for quite some time now within a certain segment of the population...

We call them Anti-Gunners...

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that the most visible thing being created by this virus is that it's causing..
…. the population to become delusional, insensitive, ignorant morons with no grasp of reality
while thinking they are the only ones fully self-aware, sensitive, educated geniuses with a firm grasp of reality.

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be indirectly aimed at me, but if I'm coming across that way, I apologize.

I'm tired tonight, and short of patience. If I sound like a douche, thanks for the accountability.

Can I really? Please??? :)

I'm titillated with excitement...

ETA: Hmmmm… I see my original post (#5949) got the moderator treatment...

But @nammac captured the original for all posterity...

Last Edited:
I'm tired tonight, and short of patience. If I sound like a douche, thanks for the accountability.

You don't sound like that at all. While I'm not going to wade into the last exchange, I admire the perseverance because many have given up trying to explain to those that can't or won't get it. Or, more accurately for some of us, simply stopped caring some time ago and wandered away to other matters.

funny thing is there are no flu deaths being reported. and the cdc estimates 20-60k this year. maybe they found a cure for the flu and its a secret

Illuminating.

funny thing is there are no flu deaths being reported. and the cdc estimates 20-60k this year. maybe they found a cure for the flu and its a secret
Spock_eyebrow.png

Nope, your not understanding me correctly.

Good Lord, let me make this simpler, and this is the last reply I'm making about this... I'm not going to break the 300 page mark going back and forth. Please, go back and reread my posts if you don't understand them.

I'm saying even though the article seems to want to make the case that it was here earlier (because the doc got sick from something they couldn't diagnose, then later shows antibodies to Sars-cov-2), I dont think it's a slam dunk case just because he now months later shows antibodies to CV-19.

Because there are so many asymptomatic cases, he very well could've later had an asymptomatic case after recovering from his "mystery flu", which is where he is getting the antibodies from, not the mystery flu.

Secondly, yes, another reason I lean toward thinking it wasn't here much earlier is because the current massive spike in cases that is only weeks old would've occurred much sooner, and we would've found the novel virus ourselves after investigating a gigantic case load of a mystery virus patients filling hospitals, ICUs, Morgues, refrigerated tractor trailers, etc.

My reasoning for this has nothing to do with media hype panicking people. If panicked people go to the hospital they won't get care unless they need it.
The NY hospitals aren't full of panicked people who only have a cold, they have a serious case of CV-19, and just a few weeks ago there were very few or none there. That shows how quickly this spreads, which means it wasn't here in December IMO.

YMMV.

I never disagreed with your assessment of the dr in the article. I think what you said about it is entirely plausible.

I only disagreed that we would have absolutely seen a mass spike in hospital visits prior to. Possibly? Sure, maybe. Absolutely and undoubtedly? No. Because ... as I've mentioned. If people just assumed they had a bad case of the flu then it's reasonable to not go to the hospital.

I've had the flu, several times. Some years worse than others. My wife has had it, my kids have had it. Friends. Other family. Coworkers, acquaintances ... but I can't personally think of a time I've had a family member go to the hospital for the flu. Every time, no matter how bad it's been then we've just dealt with it at home ourselves. So if we would have had the virus, then it's entirely reasonable for me to assume that we would mistake it for the flu and not go to the hospital.

Today, if one of us gets sick then most likely we would at least be contacting our doctor about it.

I'm applying my own experience to what I believe other people would do as well. I don't think we're strange or unusual in that regard.

Both of these can be true:
1) people that possibly needed/could have benefited from medical attention months ago didn't seek it.
2) people who typically wouldn't seek medical attention may be doing so now due to awareness and fear.

Neither of these is a denial of the virus or that it can be deadly. Neither of these suggest that people are being admitted to a hospital unnecessarily. I never suggested that people were getting admitted when they aren't sick, not sure why you keep trying to pound that point home. It's irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.

Ex. It's possible that in January a person with diabetes went to the hospital and passed away with cause of death being determined as diabetes related. No need to look for a mystery virus if there is already a known deadly preexisting condition that can be rationalized as the cause. 2017 - 83,564 Americans died to diabetes. 270,702 had it listed on death certificate as underlying condition. It kills people. Point being, there isn't a "mystery virus" until somebody suspects a "mystery virus". When vast majority of deaths have other conditions that commonly kill people then it doesn't necessarily raise flags ... until it does. Does that make sense? I pick diabetes in my example because I am type 2 diabetic.

I am in the camp of there is a lot we don't know but we should be reasonably cautious. Ex. I've never really used sanitizer ever (even though my wife hounds me to) but now I carry a bottle with me. People change their practices as they learn new information.

That's my thought process. That's why I didn't agree. Maybe I'm wrong, who cares? You could be correct. I'm just providing an alternate possible way to look at it. We can agree to disagree.

According to worldometers, the US has only 9,169 "serious cases" at this time:

Wonder what they call a "serious case"? Can a patient require a ventilator and not be a "serious case"? There are reportedly about 200,000 ventilators in the US, so, 20X more ventilators than "serious cases".

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top