JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Actually, I suspect the listed causes of death for the elderly are often pretty arbitrary. My mother died after ten years of mental deterioration. The cause of death was listed as Alzheimers. I think it was actually Lewy Body Dementia. However, since neither was treatable it was beside the point. And neither can be diagnosed for sure except in an autopsy, which wasnt done.

What will this mean for the new normal?
Or is this data still too early/raw?

This is an interesting tidbit from the same article

"And they say in cases where patients produce a positive result twice, it is normally because of a test giving the wrong result, which happens one in five times. " South Korea's testing.

This is what will happen in Washington. Since we got out in front of it and locked everything down to flatten the curve, we will "open up" earlier than other states. We will experience a rebound because none of us have immunity.

About 480,000 people die each year due to smoking.
True, but they're doing it to themselves
I suspect I already had it.

Went to a huge week-long event in Corvallis Oregon in mid-Feb, the Organic Seed Growers Conference. 400 people from across the country, many from WA. I hugged probably about 100 of them. Attended hours of talks daily. Plus ate two meals per day in a room with these 400 and the other meals in restaurants. That is all my food for the week was prepared, served by, and eaten with others.

A couple days after the event, I woke up with a sore throat. By next day had a slight fever and dry cough. Very unusual for me to have a fever. Haven't had one for at least a decade, maybe two. And the dry cough was weird too. Usually a cough goes with nasal and lung congestion. Not this one. Fever was gone by the next day. Had the cough and sore throat for a couple more days. Never felt particularly bad. Canceled going to dinner with a friend passing through town, though. "Actually, I feel fine, but I've clearly got something and am undoubtedly contagious," I said. Wasn't thinking of corvid at all. Work from home at this time of year anyway.

No way to know whether corvid was what I had. If so it was certainly a very mild case. I'm suspicious mostly because the symptoms fit, and the dry cough was really strange. Apparently it goes with a lower lung infection, which corvid is. And colds and flu are normally upper lung infections.
I had the same exact thing Jan 15th and it was a bit of an azz kicker. I'm rarely sick maybe once every 5-6 years.

What will this mean for the new normal?
Or is this data still too early/raw?

This is an interesting tidbit from the same article

"And they say in cases where patients produce a positive result twice, it is normally because of a test giving the wrong result, which happens one in five times. " South Korea's testing.

At least in S. Korea they can get a test.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES an accurate test is BETTER.

This is what will happen in Washington. Since we got out in front of it and locked everything down to flatten the curve, we will "open up" earlier than other states. We will experience a rebound because none of us have immunity.
I think ur right about that but with slight clarification that I think there will be lots of new cases vs the article talks about reinfection of recovered cases. WA should keep lots of extra hospital beds etc ready imo. No reason to lose the advantage the state currently has over the virus.

Re reinfection, it happened in China from what I hear from those living through it over there but really, really, hard to tell if patients never recovered and also complete bs info from Chinese government. They thought China underestimated death by 10-20 times. I read on bbc sky news last night that some scientists think China downplayed #s by 40 times. This is info from researchers not crazy conspiracy theoriests who cherry-picky data that fits their prexexisting theories.

Last Edited:
Which is what? Parking lots are empty? Parking lots are for visitors. Can't visit patients with COVID-19. The ER in most hospitals are closed, as they are only admitting COVID-19 cases. My wife is a neuro-radiologist and has been furloughed because, that's right, NOBODY is getting scanned or X-rayed. No elective surgeries. Nothing. Most PNW hospitals are dealing with COVID-19 and nothing else.
This conspiracy bs doesn't help anybody.

Tell your daughter to visit the ICU.

You could be right - especially if we see an explosion in the number of cases. For the moment, though, that doesn't seem to be happening. Google says Oregon has just over 1,000 active cases.

85933AFE-280C-48BC-B427-C39692477A80.png

Which is what? Parking lots are empty? Parking lots are for visitors. Can't visit patients with COVID-19. The ER in most hospitals are closed, as they are only admitting COVID-19 cases. My wife is a neuro-radiologist and has been furloughed because, that's right, NOBODY is getting scanned or X-rayed. No elective surgeries. Nothing. Most PNW hospitals are dealing with COVID-19 and nothing else.
This conspiracy bs doesn't help anybody.

Tell your daughter to visit the ICU.

Your reply borders on hostility... just say'n.

Where's the "conspiracy BS" you talk of?
The video that Howrard1955 posted shows MSM reporting certain hospitals are overwhelmed with people standing in lines for hours but when citizen reporters go there the very next day there is nothing overwhelmed.... nothing.

Did you watch the video?

My daughter is well aware of what's going on in the ICU since most patients who end up there come through the ER first.

On Masks - CDC

DAVID POST
"That's helpful—I've made some for myself, following their instructions—but really: We're three months in. Where the hell are the masks? Why aren't they being handed out on street-corners to anyone who wants one? Fifty or 100 million dollars—chump change—would have gotten us all the masks we need. "

Bold added. Italic in original.

Do we know how many are in the hospital at any given point in time in the US, what is our survival rate (X number get hospitalized, Y number recover)? All I hear about is the number tested, and that is just those who show signs of having the virus, could be magnitudes more that have the virus, but haven't been identified. The number of those tested doesn't really mean anything unless you have all of the data.

I realize the seriousness of the virus, I guess I am just wondering if there is a spreadsheet or display showing infected, hospitalized, recovered, died, etc...

Ron

Do we know how many are in the hospital at any given point in time in the US, what is our survival rate (X number get hospitalized, Y number recover)? All I hear about is the number tested, and that is just those who show signs of having the virus, could be magnitudes more that have the virus, but haven't been identified. The number of those tested doesn't really mean anything unless you have all of the data.

I realize the seriousness of the virus, I guess I am just wondering if there is a spreadsheet or display showing infected, hospitalized, recovered, died, etc...

Ron
See post #1

Sorry, I guess I was looking for something like this:

Not sure if the Covidtracking site has been posted, I have tried to read all of the posts, but may have missed it if it has already been mentioned.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads