JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wow, Florida is turning its back on the cruise line industry, despite being the state that reaped the biggest benefits from the same industry:

I hope the cruise ship industry remembers this, even though at this point they did allow them to dock at Port Everglades...

A great relief to all of us:

"Governor Kate Brown has been diagnosed with a cold, her office says, and has tested negative for coronavirus. Her husband, who was also showing signs of illness, has also tested negative for the virus."

21E96DBC-AE61-463E-B2E8-64E9D43A5A52.jpeg

This is America, we don't go around wearing Hello Kitty facemasks.

So....

How-about-no.jpg

2d5fb13bdce--austin-powers-in-goldmember-tv-quotes.jpg

From yahoo's homepage:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TODAY
Melania Trump urges Americans to wear face coverings, take social distancing 'seriously'
Alyssa Newcomb
TODAYApril 4, 2020, 1:05 PM PDT

c261f85bcd89e3796eed917279ac4ddd.jpg

Melania Trump urges Americans to wear face coverings, take social distancing 'seriously'

First Lady Melania Trump is urging everyone to follow the suggestion that people should wear a mask or face covering if they must leave their home to get essentials or go for a walk.
"As the weekend approaches I ask that everyone take social distancing & wearing a mask/face covering seriously. #COVID19 is a virus that can spread to anyone — we can stop this together," she wrote on Twitter.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the new recommendation this week as a precaution to take in addition to keeping at least 6-feet of social distance between people who don't live in the same household.

"It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus," it said on its website. "CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others."

While the First Lady is encouraging the practice, President Trump reiterated during a news conference on Friday that the guidelines are voluntary and he doesn't plan to wear a mask.

"Somehow sitting in the Oval Office, behind that beautiful Resolute Desk," Trump said, where he greets "presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens — I don't know, somehow I don't see it for myself."

Many people on Twitter noticed the discrepancy between the First Lady's warning and President Trump's refusal to wear a face covering.

One person wrote, "Talk to your husband. He's refusing to wear a mask."

Last Edited:
One person wrote, "Talk to your husband. He's refusing to wear a mask."

You know the old saying?
"You can always tell when a politician is lying because his lips are moving."
Well if TRUMP wears a mask????

Rrrright. Some people are so slow. LOL.:s0112:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I suspect I already had it.

Went to a huge week-long event in Corvallis Oregon in mid-Feb, the Organic Seed Growers Conference. 400 people from across the country, many from WA. I hugged probably about 100 of them. Attended hours of talks daily. Plus ate two meals per day in a room with these 400 and the other meals in restaurants. That is all my food for the week was prepared, served by, and eaten with others.

A couple days after the event, I woke up with a sore throat. By next day had a slight fever and dry cough. Very unusual for me to have a fever. Haven't had one for at least a decade, maybe two. And the dry cough was weird too. Usually a cough goes with nasal and lung congestion. Not this one. Fever was gone by the next day. Had the cough and sore throat for a couple more days. Never felt particularly bad. Canceled going to dinner with a friend passing through town, though. "Actually, I feel fine, but I've clearly got something and am undoubtedly contagious," I said. Wasn't thinking of corvid at all. Work from home at this time of year anyway.

No way to know whether corvid was what I had. If so it was certainly a very mild case. I'm suspicious mostly because the symptoms fit, and the dry cough was really strange. Apparently it goes with a lower lung infection, which corvid is. And colds and flu are normally upper lung infections.

Last Edited:
I hope the cruise ship industry remembers this, even though at this point they did allow them to dock at Port Everglades...

The Cruise Ship Industry has collectively decided not to flag their vessels under the laws of the USA. Which is why you cannot cruise directly from Mainland to Hawaii.

They need to go to the country under which they are flagged, where they are registered, and follow their laws.

My daughter manages an ER at a major hospital in the PDX area and she's observed the same thing as this video.

Which is what? Parking lots are empty? Parking lots are for visitors. Can't visit patients with COVID-19. The ER in most hospitals are closed, as they are only admitting COVID-19 cases. My wife is a neuro-radiologist and has been furloughed because, that's right, NOBODY is getting scanned or X-rayed. No elective surgeries. Nothing. Most PNW hospitals are dealing with COVID-19 and nothing else.
This conspiracy bs doesn't help anybody.

Tell your daughter to visit the ICU.

What will this mean for the new normal?
Or is this data still too early/raw?

This is an interesting tidbit from the same article

"And they say in cases where patients produce a positive result twice, it is normally because of a test giving the wrong result, which happens one in five times. " South Korea's testing.

Last Edited:

Seems to me that the surgeon general is in a position to advise a type of reporting for all states to follow so that we can make sense of things. I'd like to see a data set that contained age, blood type, comorbidities, whether or not supplemental oxygen and/or ventilation was used, and what the final cause of death ended up being (ie ARDS, organ failure, etc).

Every state and country is using their own criteria. For us to get any information, someone has to step up and lead in a data collection effort that standardizes everyone.

Will be interesting to see how the anti-gunners spin that one... :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top