JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Interesting perspective suggesting that the lack of ethical conduct, [i.e. emphasis added] may this be geopolitical, caused this pandemic.
Missed the link! Sorry. On Fox Judge Jeannie interviewed the leader of Samaritan Purse who placed field hospitals in Central Park, New York, suggested via a spiritual perspective that man's lack of ethical or moral conduct caused this plague. In my eyes, thinking the work of evil politicians; reinterpretation of his spiritual perspective that the plague was the act of evil doing or unethical conduct (thinking geopolitical). Seems like that paradigm would apply to politicians who failed to properly prepare for a plague and protect the citizens with needed supplies.
In our NWF case, there are a lot of like minded people on this board who for years took it upon themselves to prepare for the unexpected and the potential hazards that could arise in the course of a life time. Maybe it come natural to us because so many of us enjoy the outdoors and prepare our travels into remote wilderness areas.

UPDATE I FOUND THE LINK: Here you go. My interpretation of Reverend Graham describes the evil that people do and in my view that would be politicians that fail to provide state or federal preparations for mass ill health effects that the individual citizen can not do as well as take firearms away from people so they can not protect themselves from the evil people.

Offshoring strikes again. While the evidence on that Malaria drug is mixed, it looks like we aren't getting any from India:

While the verdict is still out on the treatment's effectiveness, pharmaceutical companies have been racing to increase production of the cheap and decades-old medicine. Cadila Healthcare Ltd., the Indian company which is world's largest maker of the drug, has said it plans to boost capacity more than 10-fold to meet the surging global demand.

Somebody on one of our local Nashville area facebook groups posted this pic from a local police officer here in Nashville area. I believe it most likely was a Sheriff Deputy or local State Highway Patrol person. It scares me to think how some law enforcement will use this occasion to blatantly violate our civil rights. Since when does aperson have to prove their innocent to a police officer and their daily activities for something like a traffic stop? That basically turns the USA into a more Nazi like police state. I am no civil rights lawyer, but I am certain what this officer wrote is blatantly illegal , intimidating and a violation of our rights. I don't believe being pulled over for speeding or even missing a stop light gives them probable cause to prove what your daily activities are. If this is the case then we basically are GUILTY until PROVEN INNOCENT which violates the 6th Amendment of our Bill of Rights, as well as just pulling people over to question them about their daily activities as well as our 4th Amendment rights requiring probable cause for a stop and illegal search and seizure.

I know the quarantine /shelter at rest is for the greater good (I don't think it will help in the long run), but I also know with increase in governing authoritative powers will come with inevitable abuse of certain authority figures who may allow their own emotions or egos to get the best of them in these times. After being in Africa half a year and having to be harassed and even at one point had a police officer point an AK-47 at me and demand money and food for him and his fellow officers, I come to fear living in a society where there is unchecked powers on authority and where they can abuse the rights of their citizens. In Africa, this is daily life, but I fear an extended quarantine/shelter at rest, because I fear their will be (and I do think there will be some) of authority figures. If they start setting up things like checkpoints we will be living in a very different America. The one I loathed when spending time in Africa and having to constantly explain myself to officers at every damn checkpoints and many times them demanding I give them money, food or bribes . Many of my drivers were harassed, detained, sometimes stripped of their licenses for not giving money to crooked police and government officials.

After living under this kind of condition for 6 months I have to say I am just phobic of abusive authority figures. I pray this never happens in this country, but I will never be complacent and never take anything for granted. I understand police officers have a job to do and we should respect these rules, but if authority figures will abuse their power at a time like this, we need to be even more vocal to speak out against this. I think abuse of authority is more threatening than the Coronavirus. I have seen what an authoritarian dictatorship can do to a country and I would prefer the coronavirus over that.

TNPoliceAbuseOfPower1.jpg

Somebody on one of our local Nashville area facebook groups posted this pic from a local police officer here in Nashville area. I believe it most likely was a Sheriff Deputy or local State Highway Patrol person. It scares me to think how some law enforcement will use this occasion to blatantly violate our civil rights. Since when does aperson have to prove their innocent to a police officer and their daily activities for something like a traffic stop? That basically turns the USA into a more Nazi like police state. I am no civil rights lawyer, but I am certain what this officer wrote is blatantly illegal , intimidating and a violation of our rights. I don't believe being pulled over for speeding or even missing a stop light gives them probable cause to prove what your daily activities are. If this is the case then we basically are GUILTY until PROVEN INNOCENT which violates the 6th Amendment of our Bill of Rights, as well as just pulling people over to question them about their daily activities as well as our 4th Amendment rights requiring probable cause for a stop and illegal search and seizure.

I know the quarantine /shelter at rest is for the greater good (I don't think it will help in the long run), but I also know with increase in governing authoritative powers will come with inevitable abuse of certain authority figures who may allow their own emotions or egos to get the best of them in these times. After being in Africa half a year and having to be harassed and even at one point had a police officer point an AK-47 at me and demand money and food for him and his fellow officers, I come to fear living in a society where there is unchecked powers on authority and where they can abuse the rights of their citizens. In Africa, this is daily life, but I fear an extended quarantine/shelter at rest, because I fear their will be (and I do think there will be some) of authority figures. If they start setting up things like checkpoints we will be living in a very different America. The one I loathed when spending time in Africa and having to constantly explain myself to officers at every damn checkpoints and many times them demanding I give them money, food or bribes . Many of my drivers were harassed, detained, sometimes stripped of their licenses for not giving money to crooked police and government officials.

After living under this kind of condition for 6 months I have to say I am just phobic of abusive authority figures. I pray this never happens in this country, but I will never be complacent and never take anything for granted. I understand police officers have a job to do and we should respect these rules, but if authority figures will abuse their power at a time like this, we need to be even more vocal to speak out against this. I think abuse of authority is more threatening than the Coronavirus. I have seen what an authoritarian dictatorship can do to a country and I would prefer the coronavirus over that.

View attachment 680058

I see a unusually very heavy police presents when I run errands .local ,SO ,and state, Been wanting to go plinking in the woods but im not sure were im allowed to be.

Can you say "Stop-and-frisk"? I knew you could...
PS: That cop is a 100%, USDA Grade A certified pr*ck, IMHO.

This is the true fear during this "crisis" and the thing which we must guard against...

Since when does aperson have to prove their innocent to a police officer and their daily activities for something like a traffic stop?

Since it is convenient for the cop. So, roughly 150 years (there were no police forces before 1850 more or less)

Many, many times a cop will give a ride to jail to someone, knowing full well the Sgt will not sign off on it and they will be released.
- effect
1, might be something bigger on the person ie holding weight
2, may find an outstanding warrant
3, most likely, will get the person out of the situation, and let everyone calm down. Then things don't escalate to the point the cop has to write a report.

That it violates your rights, well you can use the courts to resolve that. Just cost you $$, time, etc to get an apology. Have at it.

---
If they start setting up things like checkpoints we will be living in a very different America.

You heard about those guys who cut down a tree to keep out of staters in their house?
- that those guys had been around for months was of no concern to the mob
- it wasn't cops - it was the lynch mob known as neighbors.

Re police pulling u over, don't forget about local department influence on cop behavior and most importantly the individual him/herself.

I've lived in places wherecops r waiting for any excuse imaginable to pull u over hoping to find something else. I've also lived in places where they pretty much wont pull you over for anything.

I've seen wa state patrol that r really cool and are most interested in people being safe not hassling you. I've also seen wa state patrol officer on a crusade to rack up as many tickets for minor offenses as possible (Those guys become pretty well known locally and gather interesting nicknames). With cops it's best not to paint with a broad brush I've found.

I went over to care for my mom this morning. Drove across Beaverton.
Saw lots of people out and about, it is a nice day.
But only a small % had masks.

I used a cooling gaiter: like this one -

No visitors at her senior apartment, only care givers - and only 1.

I had taken her to the ER earlier in the week, she got a letter stating her COVID-19 test came back negative.
She had no symptoms of this, or any 'flu-lik' virus. She has a chronic condition but was bleeding so that means clinic - but the forwarded us to Emergency Department.

As their cafeteria is closed, they are delivering meals 2x day. Mom has a fridge full of leftovers, which just kill her
to throw out. ( I would not doubt when we moved her, she had 3-4yr old bread in her freezer)
Growing up in the depression, she has always been frugal.

Stay safe out there.

Why is Oregon still on lock down?

The data reveals little to no benefit, and seismic losses

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews