JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

So... this week she sends them all to Cuomo - who has admitted to stockpiling unused equipment already...

W T H is going on...?

But on the other hand... Oregon is, 'overwhelmed by coronavirus cases...'

SHHH stop paying attention and go back to sleep in your pod after you eat the bugs!

Wait a second...

On one hand OR is doing good. So good that OR can send ventilators to NY.

On the other hand......
OR is overwhelmed with coronavirus cases.

'Overwhelmed' by coronavirus cases, Oregon rethinks efficacy of its contact tracing

So, which is it?
It's not an either/or situation. The transfer of ventilators reflects the apparent lack of pressure on treatment facilities at the moment (I'm not saying this is a good idea). The "overwhelmed" article was talking about the inability of the public health system to do an adequate job of contact tracing. Both are possible.

Speechless, Kate has done it again... Political grandstanding takes precedence over taking care of those that she's sworn an oath to take care of...

:s0054:
What are you moaning about? This is a national issue. Bodies piling up in NY so we can hoard extra ventilators doesn't help anyone.

Remember when Ford built B24s during WWII in Detroit only for missions flying out of Michigan? Neither do I.

What are you moaning about? This is a national issue. Bodies piling up in NY so we can hoard extra ventilators doesn't help anyone.

Remember when Ford built B24s during WWII in Detroit only for missions flying out of Michigan? Neither do I.
Cuomo admitted he already had thousands in stock and storage...

Kate was btchn about not having enough when it was time to tear Trump... but lo and behold - only 1 week later - Oregon gives all to an NYC comrade for a PR stunt...

Kate got a certain number from Trump - out of the national the strategic supply - those she has in turned sent to NYC.

My guess, says they were still palletized and thus easy to ship. And, she shipped those they state had no way to know
what condition they might be in - would they need batteries etc.

I think that given the number of cases in OR and projections for here, she did the right thing.

Now making it political, you know that is just her nature.

I checked to see if this video's been posted here before & my apologies if I missed it:

According to this video, chances of contracting virus thru micro droplets isn't clear, but it's something we need to be aware of. I found the tracking footage pretty amazing. And gross.

It's not an either/or situation. The transfer of ventilators reflects the apparent lack of pressure on treatment facilities at the moment (I'm not saying this is a good idea). The "overwhelmed" article was talking about the inability of the public health system to do an adequate job of contact tracing. Both are possible.

My post...... was more about the allocation and marshaling of resources. Also a comment, delivered with my usual sarcasm.

Yes, it takes a really great person to get it 100% correct all of the time.

So then.....
There are critics from both sides.

NOT to mention that......
What if? Yup, it's always out there

Based on the two examples:
1) Gov. Coumo....can we have those ventilators back?

I still need them....F#@* off OR.

2) *We're overwhelmed with coronavirus tracing.

Cough, cough.... How could you say that? OR is doing great. Get that through your head. I have aspirations for higher office!

That all being said.......
The mixed messages by both Trump and the various Governors and some of the various agencies haven't helped to build public confidence nor a unified approach to what we are currently dealing with. YES MEN/YES WOMEN.... are not welcome nor should they be considered useful? Rrrright..... But, telling them apart is problematic.

Well, maybe it's only with me. So then.....
As I tried (w/ my usual dose of sarcasm and unbelieving in Govt., media, so-called experts, etc....) to point out in another post (or perhaps it was another thread altogether). Anyway.....even **WA and CA may be doing well with its efforts currently (at social distancing, staying at home, no large gatherings, being unemployed, etc....). Flattening the curve...... Whatever. But what's the point if someone from _____(say NYC)_____ were to come and undo it all? LOL....yeah plenty of "loopholes."

Trump and the various Governors can pat themselves on the back if they wish. But don't count me in with their cast of fanboys.

*And remember, that we're not even testing as much as we should be.
**THAT was claimed by the media.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, it's hard to please 100% of the people, ALL of the time. Rrrright..... That's a GIVEN.

So, are we winning or losing the battle?

WTF Mark? I don't have a crystal ball!

Last Edited:
WA was previously number 1 in every category and today is ranked the 18th state in new cases, and 10th in total cases. Amazing. Louisiana has a lot of new cases. I get the feeling Louisiana will be the next epicenter despite population. My understanding is their law and lifestyle is even more chaotic than portland. Top of the list ranked by # of new cases:
a.JPG

Good news for Italy:

Who knows, maybe the office will get back to work soon so I can start generating billable hours again...

Finally some good news out of Europe.

WA was previously number 1 in every category and today is ranked the 18th state in new cases, and 10th in total cases. Amazing. Louisiana has a lot of new cases. I get the feeling Louisiana will be the next epicenter despite population. My understanding is their law and lifestyle is even more chaotic than portland. Top of the list ranked by # of new cases:
View attachment 679573

I've been reading about that. Louisiana does appear to be in the cross hairs next. From LiveScience: New York has been crushed by COVID-19. Will other US cities be spared?

Cuomo admitted he already had thousands in stock and storage...

Kate was btchn about not having enough when it was time to tear Trump... but lo and behold - only 1 week later - Oregon gives all to an NYC comrade for a PR stunt...

LOL....at one time I worked as "stocker" (not stalker). Anyway..... I'd sometimes over order stuff. Knowing that I'd only receive a small portion of what I ordered. Bottom line: I was successful in keeping my shelf full. See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

LOL....at one time I worked as "stocker" (not stalker)...
Reminds me of the movie "stalker". Filmed at a soviet power plant amid the wastewater and even fallout from smoke stacks. The director, his wife, and 1 of the main actors all died a few years later thought to be from exposure to the pollution (tarkovsky was only 54). FEA1352E-EEAE-4746-A139-A00100B93A07.jpeg

Last Edited:
Interesting perspective suggesting that the lack of ethical conduct, [i.e. emphasis added] may this be geopolitical, caused this pandemic.
Missed the link! Sorry. On Fox Judge Jeannie interviewed the leader of Samaritan Purse who placed field hospitals in Central Park, New York, suggested via a spiritual perspective that man's lack of ethical or moral conduct caused this plague. In my eyes, thinking the work of evil politicians; reinterpretation of his spiritual perspective that the plague was the act of evil doing or unethical conduct (thinking geopolitical). Seems like that paradigm would apply to politicians who failed to properly prepare for a plague and protect the citizens with needed supplies.
In our NWF case, there are a lot of like minded people on this board who for years took it upon themselves to prepare for the unexpected and the potential hazards that could arise in the course of a life time. Maybe it come natural to us because so many of us enjoy the outdoors and prepare our travels into remote wilderness areas.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top