JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

:rolleyes: It's really quite simple to determine what and what isn't essential ....

- what I want/need = essential
- what YOU want/need = non-essential

-what my Wife wants/needs = uhhh .... what's beyond essential ? :eek:

Ya, so the hospital will get those delivered to them, and then BILL THE PATIENT'S INSURANCE COMPANY for like $50 per mask used.

This is so stupid. Ya the guys a dirtbag, but he shouldn't have his property seized, at the most he should be publicly shamed, which would probably just be an advertisement for him. 90% of those shaming him would probably go back later and buy something LOL!

Unbelievable.

He's probably one of those 3m distributors that got a bunch of supplies delivered to him and was sitting on it to make $$$.

If I still needed an n95 mask I'd gladly pay $12 apiece for them, if they were a genuine 3m and not some commie knockoff.

There's a lot of dirtbaggery to go around.

If someone wants to insert themselves into the distribution chain because they see a market opportunity coming, then cool (buying up all of Costco's TP because the hoarding has begun and you know you can resell). At some point, you'd be flirting with gouging but I really don't care if people stay below that, admittedly, obscure threshold.

In a crisis scenario, though, items of use to absolve the crisis should be immune to this type of market activity. In this case, PPE, sanitizers, etc. Imagine we were in a war and invaded and some jerk decides there's now an opportunity to clean out the ammo from all the local stores and resell at gouged prices. It is an item that is pertinent to the threat at hand...so stop being a dirtbag and contribute however you can to do your part.

You're right, though. These masks will very likely go into a hospital's asset catalogue and treated like every other...billed to the patient and/or patient's insurance...for an item they received for free. That's hospital admin douchebaggery there.

I don't know what the answer is. I do know that this is showing exactly what kinds of morals and values people have. A lot of people are going to be found wanting.

QUICK POLL!!
QUICK POLL!!
QUICK POLL!!

As I curate Page 1 items, what would help you best for this thread?

There is a ton of news that gets posted...curate all of it? Just the Oregon/Washington stuff? Just governmental action or public response as well?

Please PM me or @ Tag me so that I can easily find replies. Thank you!

I ordered a box of ten 3M brand filter masks on Amazon in Feb for $32, about what I paid a couple summers ago when it was too smoky to work outside. This was through a third party seller, not Amazon Prime, but I knew I'd use them eventually for grinding, cutting and sanding whenever they finally showed up.

That evening, I got an email from the seller saying that my total price was now $168 and I had to authorize the change via email to keep the order coming. But if I did nothing (in not so many words), they would simply cancel the transaction and move on to the next gougee.

So, unwilling to submit to greedy, opportunistic butt-rape, I did nothing and let the order lapse, or so I thought... Next morning, Amazon emailed me to confirm my $168 order had shipped! It was probably the offshore merchant's fault that Amazon thought my order had shipped, but I didn't like it either way.

I hammered both the merchant AND Amazon for letting that happen. I also went to dispute it with my credit card company but was told the transaction (still showing "processing" at the bank) had to evolve to "complete" status before I could launch a dispute. A couple days later, Amazon informed me the whole thing was canceled with a full refund, and my bank statement confirms this is true.

A $136 markup on a $32 item makes me sick to my stomach. I hope no one here falls for that predatory BS. Check your statements and make sure you're not getting ripped off during this free-for-all gouge-fest.

Last Edited:
Ya, the guy is an UBER dirtbag. Should be charged with terrorism as well:

"...When federal agents questioned Feldheim outside his home on March 29, they said he coughed on them and told them he had COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, according to a court affidavit."
He should definitely be charged for that. I still think seizing his property is overboard.

On a more serious note.... What the heck is going on with 3M?

My sister (in Canada) is all bent outa shape because she heard Trump wants masks from 3M to stay in the US instead of sending them to Trudeau. Is that even True d'oooh?
And, it seems, 3M isn't being at all cooperative. :mad:

People who deliberately buy up life critical supplies for a nation just for the sake of selling them for exorbitant prices are nothing short of traitors and should be punished as such. One reason I refuse to ever buy anything from Cheaper Than Dirt, who literally were the first people to buy up ammo supplies to resell them at gouged prices during the Obama election. If you noticed this time around, they were the first to start jacking prices and probably had a huge supply of hoarded items that they planned just for the occasion. Nothing short of being a traitor in my opinion! I also saw this tidal wave coming when I first heard the virus hit Washington and ammo prices were still cheap and it was readily available. I knew I Could have bought up tons of ammo and sold it with my gunbroker account and on forums for high prices. I could have made some serious cash. But I don't want to rot in hell and love my fellow American and don't want to be a traitor to my country that my father and his father risked their lives serving. Yes, I am one of few who think guns/ammo is as essential for survival as food, masks, ventilators. That is just my opinion.

That is not the same for someone who just spent his life stocking on masks, food, toilet paper, ammo, etc and now they are worth a fortune and can sell them at a higher market rate. But, if you are a deliberate price gouger, you are part of the reason for the supply being depleted and for exorbitant prices. In my opinion, if many people die because of your actions you deserve to be hung like any other traitor. If people are in possession of large quantities of an essential supply, I do think they should help their nation out and sell them at a reasonable price if it survival of your country. I mean we pledge allegiance to the flag, we honor our veterans we all are supposedly suppose to love our country and respect its laws. So, if out of our greed and selfishness we let our country suffer, well that is a bad omen on us. Of course, if it comes down to some guy keeping his 500,000 masks he saved up or letting 100,000s of people die, I guess that is a matter of National Security and think the masks should be taken and person reimbursed, if it results in saving many American lives. Sometimes you do have to make sacrifices. If everyone in our country was going hungry and one guy had 500,000 lbs of rice, would we just sit there and respect his right to have it? Yet, I don't think a person like that is a criminal in same way a person who bought up all the rice during a famine then sells it at a price so high , that many of his countrymen will starve to death so he can get rich.

But, somebody who literally buys up all the masks, food supply, ammo, etc during a crisis just so they can make a sick profit off their fellow Americans is just a traitor in my book. That is a deliberate act and I actually thought it was suppose to be a crime, already.

I want to point out there is a fine line from a smart person who stocked up and a person who deliberately hordes supplies so he can make a killing off other people's misfortunes like those cockroaches in Tennessee who bought up all the hand sanitizer so they could sell it on Amazon for outrageous prices. That is malicious and an act of treason , in my opinion. Not the people who had a life long supply of these from the start.

This is just my opinion, I am sure some won't see it the way I do..

Last Edited:
A tale from someone diagnosed and now at home (short)

A View From the Sideline

Noted:

"ps - I had to inform my HR Department - just a public safety thing. Naturally, I got a call back today...all pre-arranged, and about exactly what I supposed. They were trying to determine if I could have caught it anywhere else but at the office. "AVOID LAWSUITS AT ANY COST" must be their view. Can't blame them, I suppose. Not that it would stop me if I was litigious. Thing is, nobody can EVER prove where they got it from. I commute, via train, every day. I went to the bank. I was playing poker one night with 50 people at a bar the week before being sent home (won $650 and the tournament WITH A ROYAL FLUSH - not a joke, totally telling the truth, I have pictures...it's the poker players' Hole-in-One). So I could have gotten it anywhere...and I admitted that. Because it doesn't matter where I got it from. I KNEW I was going to get it. That was the point of my original article. If you believe you can avoid it, you're fooling yourself. I DO NOT believe social distancing works. But don't worry - they politicians and other liars will convince you it's working."

Rrrright.....he describes his activities and says...."I DO NOT believe social distancing works."

Hummmm.....in my book...this virus has been known since January 2020. Yet he blames the politicians and other liars. Cleaver.....avoiding his own responsibility for his own actions.

Aloha, Mark

Now I have to goto costco ... get some of that and some coors lite all before you hoard it ....

I was thinking about it. Then I saw this......

Coronavirus_Victim.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR