JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Am I the only one who's starting to smell Inslee giving a massive kickback to Jeff Bezos? Seriously, if the rumor I just heard is right that Target/Walmart/etc are being forced to block off and close the non-grocery/pharmacy sections, that basically eliminates the majority of Amazon's competition...

Source at Washington County says the county will be releasing a recommendation today that everyone wear a face mask.

Am I the only one who's starting to smell Inslee giving a massive kickback to Jeff Bezos? Seriously, if the rumor I just heard is right that Target/Walmart/etc are being forced to block off and close the non-grocery/pharmacy sections, that basically eliminates the majority of Amazon's competition...

I sure haven't heard of this. I'd assume somewhere like costco or fred meyer would be stuck doing this too. The internet says nothing about it.
What it could be...Is they might be shutting down what I'll call ancillary areas of the store to limit people handling objects together. ex) optical, hearing aids, photo, etc.

The sad part is Inslee is such a petty little weasel and a crook as to make such a rumor plausible. And yet this state will learn NOTHING from his forced economic suicide and continue to vote him or his kind into office... that winning Powerball ticket to fund my relocation can't come soon enough.

New York Governor said only 20% of Covid patients who go on ventilator come off of ventilator alive. Does anybody have link to legit sources that back up that claim. That seems like terribly low odds of survival.

I have heard that from trusted medical professionals.

Keep in mind - Most of those who have COVID-19 and REQUIRE a Vent are not in good health, to begin with - ~90%.

Without COVID-19, being on a VENT is Intensive Care - by definition.

This whole pandemic thing shows me how old and out of touch I've become. I went to refill my MIL's pill dispenser at her senior living center where they allow only visits for medical necessity. Signed in at the front desk, tossed the pen in the "used pens" basket and re-sanitized.

Front desk gal said she's required to take every visitor's temperature and went to get the thermometer. Fair enough.

Apparently they now have some newfangled digital device they just point at your forehead. So, needless to say, I was a little red-faced when she came back with the gadget, and I was standing there with my drawers around my ankles. Ain't modern technology grand?

Define 700%

Back in my day, we could get 1911's for 10c at the hardware store, so your $1k price is gouging!
Here you go, from the Secretary of State website:
On its face, a price is unconscionably excessive if it is 15 percent or more higher than either (1) the price the merchant sold the same item for immediately before the market disruption commenced, or (2) the price the same or similar goods sold for in or near the area covered by the declaration immediately before the market disruption commenced.

New York Governor said only 20% of Covid patients who go on ventilator come off of ventilator alive. Does anybody have link to legit sources that back up that claim. That seems like terribly low odds of survival.
These are very small sample sizes considering the number of people that have been intubated worldwide, but the data are not encouraging:

"The largest study so far to look at mortality among coronavirus patients on ventilators was done by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre in London. It foundthat among 98 ventilated patients in the U.K., just 33 were discharged alive.

The numbers from a study of Wuhan, China, are even grimmer. Only 3 of 22 ventilated patients survived.

And a study of 18 ventilated patients in Washington state found that nine were still alive when the study ended, but only six had recovered enough to breathe on their own."

I have heard that from trusted medical professionals.

Yeah....
WHO and the CDC were once "trusted medical professionals". Unfortunately, not anymore in my book. Not even mentioning, that the CDC (if Hillary was elected) was supposed to get funding for research about "gun violence".

But, maybe I'm too harsh.

Rrrrright. Like those folks who were once TRUMP supporters. But have now turned their backs on him because they find themselves isolated in their homes, without TP or out of work due to the coronavirus. Yup.....blame it all on TRUMP.

Don't get me wrong. TRUMP vs BIDEN. I'm voting TRUMP. The lesser of evils.

And BTW.....I trust my physician.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......ALWAYS waiting for a proven scientific solution isn't much help......if/when you're dying and desperate.

Last Edited:
On its face, a price is unconscionably excessive if it is 15 percent or more higher than either (1) the price the merchant sold the same item for immediately before the market disruption commenced, or (2) the price the same or similar goods sold for in or near the area covered by the declaration immediately before the market disruption commenced.

Hummm.....15%

OK so prior to this.....1 round of 9mm (brass case, 115 gr, FMJ, reloadable) was roughly $0.20 each.

And now (per the classified ads on this forum) that same round can be had for roughly $0.30 a round.

OMG!!!! What does that say about the sellers and the classified forum here? :eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS.....For the record, I'm not against selling 9mm at $0.30 a round. But however, I'm not a buyer. YET.

Last Edited:
Hummm.....15%

OK so prior to this.....1 round of 9mm (brass case, 115 gr, FMJ, reloadable) was roughly $0.20 each.

And now (per the classified ads on this forum) that same round can be had for roughly $0.30 a round.

OMG!!!! What does that say about the classified forum here? :eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS.....For the record, I'm not against selling 9mm at $0.30 a round. But however, I'm not a buyer. YET.
It only covers essential goods and services. A stripped lower or a box of 9mm will never be defined as "essential", regardless of who's in office. Non-essential items are always subject to the laws of supply and demand.

A good or service is an "essential consumer good or service" if it can be acquired by consumers and is necessary for health, safety, or welfare. Examples include food, water, fuel, construction materials, medical supplies and services, and hotel rooms. Whether a consumer good or service is essential may depend on the emergency. For example, items such as cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper are necessary to protect the health, safety and welfare of consumers during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Re price gouging on face masks, poeple gearing up to make face masks, etc imo we should be getting away from considering all face masks disposable and focusing on how to sterilize masks. Just my opinion. Seems wasteful to keep trying to fill a bottomless pit. It can't be that hard to sterilize face masks considering we can sterilize everything else ( clothes, medical equipment, skin, internal organs, fluids/liquids, drinking water, gowns, entire operating rooms, etc). We have chemicals, ozone and chloride gas, UV, h202 liquid and vaporized, radiation. Tons of methods out there available and could even use multiple methods on the same mask in sequence if needed.

Last Edited:

OK, I see.

"unconscionably excessive" == gouged

If I can go to Costco and get gas for 1.99 / gal
but at Shell it is $3.29 ... I need to find a "disruption," could that be that I am out of gas and don't want to call a tow? Or, it is is just a choice?

Let me try again, If I buy 10k rounds for 20% off the price of 50 round boxes, does that make the 1 pack price gouged?

edit add: "the Fed has determined that Firearms are essential"

When things are in short supply price tends to go up. We, meaning society, tend to like that.

We have an urban growth boundary in the PDX area. Do you think your home here would be valued as much as if we didn't'?

CA move up, want to have quick purchase, so they offer over listing To them, not a big deal as they have cash in their pocket. For locals who maybe wanted a shot at your property, they are ... irritated reference the movie "What About Bob"

When I go to sell my house, I want few houses that are similar on the market (seller's market)
When I go to buy, I want a bunch (buyers market)

What items? I'll bet if you overprice firearms the Secretary of State wouldn't have a problem with that, as she (he/they/personal pronoun unknown) would want all FA transactions suspended for the duration of the disruption.

Back when St. Helens was erupting, panty-hose was used to help extend the life of air cleaners 1. expensive and 2 supply. Was TP also hoarded at that time? It is not like there weren't a few months of warning. I was in college, it didn't occur to me to hoard up air filters.

If you are selling Air Cleaners today for 15%, 150%, 1500%, over the price they were on Jan 1st, are you guilty of gouging / subject to arrest/confiscation? Air Cleaners are as essential today, as they were 40 years ago.

How about Lionell Richie CDs?

I think that the best bet, as always, do not come to the attention of gangs --
Those who can (have the capability) and will (will of mind) take from you.
Which can include the police (LEO)

OK, I see.

"unconscionably excessive" == gouged

If I can go to Costco and get gas for 1.99 / gal
but at Shell it is $3.29 ... I need to find a "disruption," could that be that I am out of gas and don't want to call a tow? Or, it is is just a choice?

Let me try again, If I buy 10k rounds for 20% off the price of 50 round boxes, does that make the 1 pack price gouged?

edit add: "the Fed has determined that Firearms are essential"

When things are in short supply price tends to go up. We, meaning society, tend to like that.

We have an urban growth boundary in the PDX area. Do you think your home here would be valued as much as if we didn't'?

CA move up, want to have quick purchase, so they offer over listing To them, not a big deal as they have cash in their pocket. For locals who maybe wanted a shot at your property, they are ... irritated reference the movie "What About Bob"

When I go to sell my house, I want few houses that are similar on the market (seller's market)
When I go to buy, I want a bunch (buyers market)

What items? I'll bet if you overprice firearms the Secretary of State wouldn't have a problem with that, as she (he/they/personal pronoun unknown) would want all FA transactions suspended for the duration of the disruption.

Back when St. Helens was erupting, panty-hose was used to help extend the life of air cleaners 1. expensive and 2 supply. Was TP also hoarded at that time? It is not like there weren't a few months of warning. I was in college, it didn't occur to me to hoard up air filters.

If you are selling Air Cleaners today for 15%, 150%, 1500%, over the price they were on Jan 1st, are you guilty of gouging / subject to arrest/confiscation? Air Cleaners are as essential today, as they were 40 years ago.

How about Lionell Richie CDs?

I think that the best bet, as always, do not come to the attention of gangs --
Those who can (have the capability) and will (will of mind) take from you.
Which can include the police (LEO)
It doesn't cover private sellers, so someone selling something on the classifieds here isn't an issue:
The law covers merchants (retail businesses) and wholesalers that sell essential consumer goods or services. The law does not cover non-merchants, public bodies or most utilities.

My post #5,715 was made more to show that the 15% number was probably unworkable as a RULE (and/or perhaps LAW).

Then....coming from the State Dept. Do they know "essential?" Rrrrrright, those at Benghazi weren't considered "essential" either.

What_difference_does_it_make.png

Cough, cough.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR