JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
When I was a kid in the mid 1950s, measles infected family's were quarantined in Pennsylvania until the illness remitted. Measles was a major threat at that time. The Public Health Officials would post a notice on the front door of the infected home. Everyone respected that.
Duly noted. My opinion regarding google stands.

Google can suck it.
No fan of it.. But your cell phone companies are tracking you anyway probably.. Just much harder to prove it in court, then having an app that plots all your destinations.. I mean if a cop arrests you and you are charged with a Class A Misdmeanor for any ol reason you need some protection. Under Emergency Powers governments can get away with things not so easy during normal times. You don't necessarily need to use google maps, but you need some cloud based apps that keeps time and GPS points via a a tracking or travel app that can prove where you were at what time. If some rogue cop arrests you for violating an order, seizes and possibly destroys and erases your phone, you want a cloud based app that stores your GPS points in real-time that can prove your whereabouts. Google Maps happens to do that. Many people actually have the tracking feature turned on, I had it turned off because I felt it was an invasion of my privacy. But since we are now under police state/martial law kind of living, I don't see the disadvantage of storing the info, especially if I am complying with the laws.

We are just in a very screwed up situation. I agree Google owns too much of us.. They have AI algorithms that probably have a complete profile about each of us and has more knowledge aout us than even we have on ourselves. Thanks to Google I Figured out where I Lived 13 years ago..

No fan of it.. But your cell phone companies are tracking you anyway probably..

No probably about it - absolutely. By definition, for your phone to work, the system has to know which cell tower you are closest to, and it does that by signal strength and that info is passed around the system. I am sure there are backend systems that track that for various purposes, besides just having your phone be able to communicate with the system.

When I was a kid in the mid 1950s, measles infected family's were quarantined in Pennsylvania until the illness remitted. Measles was a major threat at that time. The Public Health Officials would post a notice on the front door of the infected home. Everyone respected that.

I hope the magnitude of this statement isn't lost here.

Go look up the fatality rate of Measles and compare it to this virus. You'll be surprised.

Look what was done to stamp that out. Was it ever the 3rd leading cause of death in the US? Nope.

Worth reading. We already know Cuomo decided not buy ventilators 5 yrs ago, here are a couple other low points:

According to a review in the New York Post, Albany already adds a 9.6 percent surcharge to hospital bills, paid for by the patient. Employers covering insurance costs are also slapped with an extra fee, which is determined in the form of an in-person assessment.

The "penalizing people for getting sick" commission brings in around $5 billion for the state, the Post claimed, "making such a fee the third-largest source of revenue after income and sales taxes."

"Just last year we saw Governor Cuomo allocate $30 million to provide college tuition to those here illegally – that's $30 million worth of ventilators and personal protective equipment that we can't send to our heroes working on the front lines during this pandemic today," argued GOP Assemblyman Mike LiPetri, who currently serves in New York's 9th district.

Anytime somebody says "Greater Good," I remind them that Heinrich Himmler, Pol Pot, Stalin and a bunch of other nasties said everything they did was "for the Greater Good" too.

1585878388804.jpeg

@4Freedom @The Heretic yes the devices and tower "pings" are collected. So there is a data trail of where that device was and when.
@ATCclears , In fact, our Governor Bill Lee, spelled it out directly that it was cell phone tracking data that inspired him to issue the Executive Order. IT kind of spooked me out to think that they are monitoring our location and activities through our cell phones and that was what inspired him to issue this decree. Yeah, I was speaking figuratively, knowing very well , our cell phones are tracking devices. Government doesn't need to implant tracking chips into us when we carry one around with us and , of course ,our REAL ID driver licenses will eventually (if they don't already) have one too .. LOL .

Read the area I bolded and made red in his Executive Order 23 declaration:
Gov. Lee Requires Tennesseans to Remain at Home as Data Shows Increased Activity Among Citizens
Thursday, April 02, 2020 | 02:15pm
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Governor Bill Lee will sign Executive Order 23 requiring that Tennesseans stay home unless they are carrying out essential activities as data shows an increase in citizen movement across the state.
"Over the last few weeks, we have seen decreases in movement around the state as Tennesseans socially distance and stay at home," said Gov. Lee. "However, in recent days we have seen data indicating that movement may be increasing and we must get these numbers trending back down. I have updated my previous executive order to clearly require that Tennesseans stay at home unless they are carrying out essential activities."
Data from the Tennessee Department of Transportation analyzed traffic patterns for March 2020. While safer at home measures and further restrictions on businesses showed a steep drop-off in vehicle movement from March 13-29, data beginning on March 30 indicates travel is trending upwards, again.
The Administration also analyzed data from Unacast to understand cell phone mobility and determine movement trends among people. Unacast indicates the movement of Tennesseans is trending toward pre-COVID-19 levels.
"The month of April stands to be an extremely tough time for our state as we face the potential for a surge in COVID-19 cases," said Lee. "Every Tennessean must take this seriously, remain at home and ensure we save lives."
The executive order remains in effect until April 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Gov. Lee will address these measures in the press briefing today at 3 p.m. CDT.

Some bosses suck:

One nurse, Imaris Vera, who lives in Chicago, managed to buy her own N95 mask to wear at work. ... But Vera alleges that her manager told her she wasn't allowed to wear it, even when caring for a COVID-19 patients in an ICU unit that had been converted to a designated COVID unit.

... She explained in an emotional Instagram video, uploaded on March 30, that she was trying to keep herself safe and looking out for "family members who have pre-existing conditions" because "they wouldn't get a ventilator" if they contracted COVID-19 from her.

EDIT: I completely fail to comprehend the companies that won't let staff wear their own gear. It's completely moronic.

Some bosses suck:

EDIT: I completely fail to comprehend the companies that won't let staff wear their own gear. It's completely moronic.

Especially when the decisions are made by REMF's that probably never get anywhere near a patient

Not around Puget Sound--they're already starting to draw up Voluntary Layoff packages.
Puget Sound area status, I did not catch. I caught the voluntary packages.
Nonetheless, it shows what tax dollars can do in times like we're in.
Upkeep and maintenance issues, I may swallow, assembly lines, no.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top