JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is probably the best firsthand account of what it's like to get over a severe case of covid. This is the second of two videos he made, the first being four days earlier when he started coming down with it. This is definitely not something I would want to go through.

Billing will back up and the number of meetings will decrease:

Mostly administrative staff members at BMC and not to front-line health care providers are being furloughed, according to the Globe's report.

Getting really tired of the sneering condescension from these types.

First it was, "Masks don't work! Quit buying them, you paranoid bubblegums!"

Now it's, "Everyone should wear a mask. If you were smart like us, you would understand."

Give me a break.

Getting really tired of the sneering condescension from these types.

First it was, "Masks don't work! Quit buying them, you paranoid bubblegums!"

Now it's, "Everyone should wear a mask. If you were smart like us, you would understand."

Give me a break.

Condescension, sure. But also a lot of bad interpretation of data.

Attack vectors are not completely known but we assume inhalation and contact from hand to face. Many, many people still think wearing an improperly fit N95 mask with no gloves or goggles will provide them environmental immunity.

Many, many people have downplayed the role of masks in controlling droplet spread from infected individuals to the environment.

The CDC et al were right to try to secure all N95 masks or better for healthcare professionals. However, it should have been made common knowledge that everyone, literally everyone, should wear a surgical mask or similar while out and about...not to protect against inhalation but spread - the logic being that if we can cut back spread, the inhalation vector becomes a lesser risk for everyone and the lack of widespread N95 usage becomes less critical.

So, yes, wear something, anything to help avoid spread. Keep in mind, however, that this concept truly only works if everyone is onboard. Far too many people still think it's just the flu, so good luck spreading awareness of this idea.

Lots of creative folks out there.

675EE101-BB0B-4BAF-8AE2-381F28E24532.jpeg

1F9F23D6-A2D1-4611-A9FD-C56A29303CC4.jpeg

8F3E9EC8-AAF9-4039-AE9A-6968AB149A15.jpeg

DD3DB467-8358-4A0F-8113-9CADD3A00418.jpeg

E3DD1323-2F45-47EF-BA20-7E39E29BB1DB.jpeg

1BDEBA7A-442A-4561-810D-2FB2A55004D5.jpeg

1B140AC6-F91B-423E-A37A-543F513A2436.jpeg

Why Are the Airlines Still Flying Out of New York?

"I am baffled by the continuation of air travel between New York City and the rest of the country. At the moment, the greater New York area is at the center of the coronavirus crisis in the United States, and yet Kayak confirms that, even today, anyone from the city and its environs can get on a plane and travel almost anywhere within the United States. Why? "

Because the US Constitution protects the freedom of movement?

And because it isn't so much travel as it is congregation that causes problems?

Except for/under "particular/certain circumstances". A business can/could choose to close. You don't always need the Govt to tell you what to do.

BUT....that being said, IMHO, when the Govt says that you have to close/forces a closure (as in coronavirus). There is at least a partial responsibility attached.

Aloha, Mark

yeah wasn't testing supposed to be reserved for those basically on death beds and with doctor approval? I swear an earlier post in this thread indicated that in Oregon you had to meet strict criteria.

Another edit note:

How many have died WITH the virus vs how many have died FROM the virus?

YES....but, some are always "more equal" than others. And......to some measure, I can also see the WHY. Governor, TRUMP, The V.P., etc.....

Humm....
If there were only one test kit left. And, I had to choose between say a 65 y.o. citizen showing extreme signs vs. the Governor with mild symptoms? HA, Ha, ha...... Lucky you.....that I'm not in charge of the kits. :eek:

Aloha, Mark

Wow, just crossed 1000 deaths today alone, and we're weeks from the peak.
Yea what I find interesting is the state numbers. WA was number 1 in every category at the start. Then it was in the top three for a long time. Look where it is now. Looks like identical results to 1918 Spanish flu. The areas that did social distancing etc early on weren't hit as bad. The ones who waited got hammered. NY is probably a special case due to density though I suppose.
21C629CB-6127-4AAF-B01C-510E1C016847.png

holy hell!
That's what conspiracy theories will do. No thinking or being rational, just pent up paranoia and anxiety. Unbelievable.

Yup....some people just hate America.....

"An engineer deliberately ran a train off the tracks at high speed in an attempt to damage the USNS Mercy hospital ship, prosecutors say."
In his first interview with the Los Angeles Port Police, Moreno acknowledged that he "did it," saying that he was suspicious of the Mercy and believing it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover, the affidavit states.

In a second interview with FBI agents, Moreno stated that, "he did it out of the desire to 'wake people up,'" according to the affidavit. "Moreno stated that he thought that the U.S.N.S. Mercy was suspicious and did not believe 'the ship is what they say it's for.'"
Sound familiar?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews