JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
In the near future we could have large scale testing potentially. One test for "do u have it" and another test for "are you cleared to work". If that happens then as the curve marches on for the virus infections there will be another curve for # of poeple cleared to work and the number would grow and grow over time. Could be a real game changer for the economy imo. Especially if it takes 10 minutes and costs less than $2 (they said less than a British pound actually).

Last Edited:
Some math not adding up here. Announcements that we could lose 240,000 in the US to COVID. Same news, model predicts peak of 2,400 in a day mid April. 10 days of this "peak" number would be 24K or 10% of the total number being thrown around. It would take 100 days at this level to reach 240k. (I understand there we be more before and after the peak on the curve.) I'm not saying either could not be true, they just seem incongruous. Anyone else seeing a lot of official-ish numbers not adding up?

The math is logarithmic, not linear.

It's also VERY speculative, if mitigation works (people complying), the speculative numbers are reduced.

That would not mean we're in the clear, by any means.

Just that personal isolation is reducing the "curve".

The math is logarithmic, not linear.

It's also VERY speculative, if mitigation works (people complying), the speculative numbers are reduced.

That would not mean we're in the clear, by any means.

Just that personal isolation is reducing the "curve".
Agree. The #s trump used in the press conference are 100,000 USA dead in best case scenario vs 2.2 million dead in "take no action" scenario.

A great relief to all of us:

"Governor Kate Brown has been diagnosed with a cold, her office says, and has tested negative for coronavirus. Her husband, who was also showing signs of illness, has also tested negative for the virus."

"Governor Kate Brown has been diagnosed with a cold, her office says, and has tested negative for coronavirus. Her husband, who was also showing signs of illness, has also tested negative for the virus."
"The sarcasm is strong in this one..."
Force is strong.jpg

Last Edited:

I call BS. Her husband gets a cold and gets tested. He gives Kate his cold and she gets tested. What a waste of doctor's and lab's time and the tests. It must be nice to be more special than the rest of us.

I call BS. Her husband gets a cold and gets tested. He gives Kate his cold and she gets tested. What a waste of doctor's and lab's time and the tests. It must be nice to be more special than the rest of us.

yeah wasn't testing supposed to be reserved for those basically on death beds and with doctor approval? I swear an earlier post in this thread indicated that in Oregon you had to meet strict criteria.

Another edit note:

How many have died WITH the virus vs how many have died FROM the virus?

yeah wasn't testing supposed to be reserved for those basically on death beds and with doctor approval? I swear an earlier post in this thread indicated that in Oregon you had to meet strict criteria.

Another edit note:

How many have died WITH the virus vs how many have died FROM the virus?
Many have died and were never tested after. The numbers in that nursing home in Kirkland fe. 26 died right away and only 17 of those were reported as covid deaths while the others weren't tested.

A colleague was supposed to fly into Portland last week. Wrote me and said he was delayed, "had the sniffles." Company policy is pretty strict - If you are anything less than excellent health, even if you suspect your sniffles are allergies, stay home."
He writes today, "I have coronavirus. Fever, aches, no sense of smell or taste." I asked about his partner, he wrote her taste and olfactory senses were returning.
By company rules, he's automatically isolated for the next two weeks.

A colleague was supposed to fly into Portland last week. Wrote me and said he was delayed, "had the sniffles." Company policy is pretty strict - If you are anything less than excellent health, even if you suspect your sniffles are allergies, stay home."
He writes today, "I have coronavirus. Fever, aches, no sense of smell or taste." I asked about his partner, he wrote her taste and olfactory senses were returning.
By company rules, he's automatically isolated for the next two weeks.

That's how my work is doing it as well. I unfortunately probably worked for a couple days with it figuring allergies, but I didn't really give it a second thought until I noticed I had a dry cough instead of an itchy throat. About half way through and VERY bored

On the one hand I can see how the woman involved would feel that her employment is being used against her, but on the other hand, I can't help but think she should set her frustration aside and care more about the child -- its a fact she is working in an infected environment and a fact she could spread it to the kid. This seems way more important that whatever petty BS she has going on with her ex or any frustration she may feel about the effects of her working environment but the quote from her in the piece demonstrates she recognizes none of that. Selfish:

While it may seem uncommon that the COVID-19 pandemic would have a direct effect in child custody cases, the Spokane mother at the center of this all says it could be. She fee;s like COVID-19 was being used as a legal tool against her and just like she thinks she may be the first parent/health care worker to go through something like this, she believes she won't be the last.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads